vCash

Utah Jazz @ Los Angeles Clippers 7:30pm MT

Third times a charm?!?

Odds:
    LAC(24-6) to get 102pts
    UTA(15-16) to get 98pts

Spread:
    Clippers by 9 1/2-10

Utah being the only team to be with in 5 points at the end of the match during this streak...Utah have been the most likely team to actually beat these guys so far and have a legitimate chance of doing so tonight @Staples.

Pre-Season: 1/1 Jazz One Win @Energy and One Loss @Staples

Regular Season: 0/2 Jazz Each @Energy(Both during LAC's Streak)
    Last edited by RyanStorm; 12-30-2012 at 07:10 PM.

vCash
    Losing builds Character, Character builds Discipline, and Discipline builds a winning team.
    I hope humility is something Jazz are learning right now, so they can want it more.

The only other words that come to mind that Jazz need tonight is Focus, Confidence, and Aggression! We need to prove that we want it more, and send chills down the western conference's spine, that says, Yes We Can, And Will!

vCash
    I can't believe that Jazz are about to not make the spread.

Utah Jazz just can't get a break, and I can't figure out how we can't win. Its like watching yourself kill yourself, but without dying so you can rewatch it.

I expect and demand, 5/5 from the next 5 games!

vCash
    we need a replacement for foye. his defense kills us and all he can do is shoot. he shouldn't be playing 35 minutes a game

vCash
    His 28 point game was clearly an outlier. Dude's a chucker in the worst way. I would rather have a pole out there.
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    I thought the Jazz played a heck of a game. They match up well with the Clips and I can assure you the Clips don't want to face the Jazz in the playoffs. The Clips have a number of streak shooters who got very hot in this game or the Jazz would have won. I'm really impressed by the fight and the energy the Jazz team played with.

During a game in 1982, Frank Layden, then head coach of the Utah Jazz, had seen enough of his team's poor performance and wanted an early exit. Layden verbally abused Strom so he could get ejected from the game. Strom knew what he was trying to do, and when Layden asked why he didn't eject him, Strom replied, "I know what you're trying to do, Frank, but if I've got to stay out here and watch this $#!^, so do you".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HotRodsHair View Post
    I thought the Jazz played a heck of a game. They match up well with the Clips and I can assure you the Clips don't want to face the Jazz in the playoffs. The Clips have a number of streak shooters who got very hot in this game or the Jazz would have won. I'm really impressed by the fight and the energy the Jazz team played with.
    I honestly feel great about last night. Losing to the Clippers really puts things in prospective. The Jazz who lost the first game, were the not the Jazz who lost this last game, in terms of how they felt about it after during the interviews. I mean both these games taught them a lot, and showed them that they ARE amazing and COULD be as great as them.

However we are some fixes away from being great. We know our Bench is great, but there are some issues with the starters. They are obviously not as good as the Clippers. We lack in discipline, teamwork and lack of defense agaisnt these big shooters. Why put your shooter against their best shooter? I mean why have foye guard their shooter, when he can't defend them. You might as well give them the point, look at Butler.

vCash
    The Clips top 8 players are probably all upgrades to any player on the Jazz roster. They have some guys who have been lighting up the league with their scoring for years.

And yet the Jazz took them to the wire two times in a row.

Why?

During a game in 1982, Frank Layden, then head coach of the Utah Jazz, had seen enough of his team's poor performance and wanted an early exit. Layden verbally abused Strom so he could get ejected from the game. Strom knew what he was trying to do, and when Layden asked why he didn't eject him, Strom replied, "I know what you're trying to do, Frank, but if I've got to stay out here and watch this $#!^, so do you".

vCash
    Our Bench!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HotRodsHair View Post
    The Clips top 8 players are probably all upgrades to any player on the Jazz roster. They have some guys who have been lighting up the league with their scoring for years.

And yet the Jazz took them to the wire two times in a row.

Why?
    Gotta take the rose colored glasses off.
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumba View Post
    Gotta take the rose colored glasses off.
    Ok, I have to admit, I don't actually know what you're trying to say. I'm a little slow sometimes.

How exactly was I viewing the Jazz with rose colored glasses? Because I suggested they do more with less than most other teams? The national media agrees with that one; a team without a single star player made the playoffs last year and might again this year.

vCash
    He is saying your looking at their players as being better than they really are.
    Your coloring them better than they should be.

vCash
    Oh, he's got me there. I definitely think the Clips are the best team in the league. I also think Paul is the best PG in the league. I think they have one of the best PF's in the league. I think they have one of the best benches in the league. I think they have one of the best shot blockers in the league. I think they have a couple of the best pure scorers in the league on their bench. (please, feel free to stop me when I'm guilty of viewing the Clips better than they deserve)

But don't take my word for it.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...week-9/page/31

vCash
    You can't base the Jazz on their stats, they have that factor that can't be seen on paper. Even a reporter, or journalist can speak of their game but its still something you have to have an eye for, and why scouts are important, stats don't exactly prove anything, its not like this is a video of NBA.

vCash
    The problem is, the LAC still has everything in the world to prove. Can they beat a team like SAS who has had a way better organization for years...

Spurs are the one team I don't think they can beat in the playoffs. Same with OKC. I would like to see LAC's win/lose after January and February!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast