Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 84 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    vCash
    The dude is 1 month older then me, so hes not as young as I would like if I was plaining on breaking the bank on him, but at the same time, he may be the best player at the position we need the most. I would have to look at a few diff. things. How serious was his injury? How does the Jets defensive scheme compare to ours (don't forget how N. Asi looked on the Raiders comared to the birds)? Character? Off the top of my head, I would say that id be willing to give a 1st and 3rd to get him, but I would have to do more research

vCash
    ^ I would also take T. Tebow in the deal to play on the punt team jk

vCash
    age + acl tear

im not sure, how much hes got left in him and at what level

We Want Winston

vCash
    Revis threatens a hold out every time someone gets a bigger contract then him, aging and coming off a serious injury..... Pass!

vCash
    ^Prolly why they are trying to shop him. As long as R. Ryan is the coach, that team will never be in "re-building mode". So if they are willing to trade their best player, there has to be a reason why

vCash
    From the Tampa Tribune:

Dominik indicated this week that he may offer Te’O-Nesheim a second-round tender – or maybe even a first-round tender – to ensure he retains a player who has proved to be a valuable member of the defensive line rotation.

We Want Winston!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quikdraw View Post
    From the Tampa Tribune:
    yeah f that ****...im not paying him 2 mil(2nd round tender) to be my 4th or 5th best de

i think this should put a stop to those wanting us to draft a DE, montgomery, jordan, ansah, okafor...seems to me dom is sending a message to us

We Want Winston

vCash
    And them the real mark Dominick opens his mouth
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    There are some big+fast+strong WR's in the NFC South, for the right price Shaun Smith may be the type of corner this team needs..
    "..complex mane dat love simple thangs."*S.L.uggeR*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SluggeR View Post
    There are some big+fast+strong WR's in the NFC South, for the right price Shaun Smith may be the type of corner this team needs..
    I would take him over any other FA CB on the market, but not sure Miami lets him walk.

vCash
    ^^ I thought the same thing, but a Miami Herald beat writer speculated today that a deal is unlikely to happen.

Here is a link:
    Elite cornerbacks are expecting $10 million per season. Agents will be looking at Brandon Carr's five-year $50 million deal with Dallas and Jason McCourty's 5-year, $43 million deal to stay in Tennesee and see that as the numbers to shoot for.

So Carr is averaging $10 million a year while McCourty is averaging $8.6 million per year.

That's the zip code cornerback Sean Smith expects to inhabit at the start of free agency. And yes, he's likely going to free agency. I don't think the Dolphins will pay that kind of money for Smith. They see him as a good player who still has unmet potential. They do not see him as a game-changer or playmaker.

There are also questions about how Smith will react professionally once he gets paid. Will he cruise? Will he feel entitled? Will the work ethic suffer?

That's the cost of doing business, folks.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolph...#storylink=cpy

We Want Winston!

vCash
    well we were giving Wright 7.5 mil/year which he never earned ever even before he was with the Bucs. I wouldnt be mad if we threw another couple mil at Smith and give him about 9 mil a year for another 4-5 years

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quikdraw View Post
    ^^ I thought the same thing, but a Miami Herald beat writer speculated today that a deal is unlikely to happen.

Here is a link:
    Last year there were 2 "elite" CB's who both got 10mil, C. Finnagan and B. Carr. Then you had a bunch of 2nd teir guys like T. Porter, A. Ross, R. Marshall, and W. Gay who all got about 5mil. The there were 2 execptions. E. Wright and C. Rodgers, who both got 7-8 mil. There is nobody on the mark this year that should be able to claim they are worth more then the 8mil Carlos Rodgers got last year. B. Grimes may try, but the rest should be between 5-7 mil. If any of these guys demand 10mil, they will be waiting a long time to sign a contract.

vCash
    @quick- i don't know enough about Smith to know what his character is like, but that is upsetting to hear becasue he is towards the top of my free agent list right behined Byrd/Gholston.

vCash
    I think we do go after him, if we dont we're absolutley nuts. We have the money to throw at him and Schiano has said he loves big physical CBs (Smith is 6'3" 218). If we can sign him and draft(Banks= 6'2", 190) a CB within the first 2-3 rounds we should be looking good. We would have a secondary like that of Seattles, pending Ronde stays another year.It would also open up our 1st rd pick a little, could go after the BPA to fill a need (DL, CB, LB, RT, FS). Someone already mentioned the monster WRs we have to deal with in the NFC south and this would help out drastically.

Page 9 of 84 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast