Danny Gorrer CB UFA
    Derek Hardman T UFA
    Corvey Irvin DT UFA
    Roy Miller DT UFA
    Roscoe Parrish WR UFA
    Nathan Triplett LB UFA
    Cody Wallace C UFA
    Danny Ware RB UFA
    Use this thread to discuss any free agents, needs, wants, and general offseason news.
    Last edited by Quikdraw; 12-30-2012 at 10:27 PM.

vCash
    They dont have guys on injured reserve listed who will be FA's

as far as I can tell that is only

Sammie Stroughter WR
    Jeremy Trueblood OT

We Want Winston

vCash
    I completely forgot Michael Bennett is a RFA

If a club tenders an offer of $685,000 per year for a three-year veteran, and $725,000 for a four-year veteran, the player's current team has "right of first refusal" over the contract at those terms, and may sign the player at those terms.
    If a club tenders an offer of $712,000 or 110% (whichever is greater) of the previous year's salary, then the current club has both "right of first refusal" and rights to a draft pick from the same round (or better) from the signing club. Essentially, this means that the new club must forfeit the draft pick to the old club if they wish to sign the player under these terms.
    If a club tenders an offer of $1.552 million or 110% (whichever is greater) of the previous year's salary, then the current club has both "right of first refusal"; and rights to the first round draft pick from the signing club.[63]
    110% of 2,742,000 is 3,016,200....which he is obviously gonna get more than from us or any other team.

Am I understanding this right that if he signs with another team we get their 2013 first round draft pick.....how ****ing sweet would that be...spend the money on a different guy i.e. cliff avril and get a 1st round pick

thoughts?
    Last edited by bwallstreet; 12-30-2012 at 08:05 PM.

We Want Winston

vCash
    DaShon Goldson, Cliff Avril ,Andre Smith, DRC, Branden Albert, Dustin Keller
    I need some combo of the 3
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    I completely forgot Michael Bennett is a RFA

110% of 2,742,000 is 3,016,200....which he is obviously gonna get more than from us or any other team.

Am I understanding this right that if he signs with another team we get their 2013 first round draft pick.....how ****ing sweet would that be...spend the money on a different guy i.e. cliff avril and get a 1st round pick

thoughts?
    I honestly had no freaking clue that he was RFA. No idea how that got by me. Great news!

vCash
    I dont think he is, I think Spotrac was wrong...

We Want Winston

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    I dont think he is, I think Spotrac was wrong...
    ****! I knew that was too good to be true. There is no way that could have gotten by me. I believe he was a RFA last year.

vCash
    Yeah, sorry about that fellas. Spotrac is usually pretty reliable, but they screwed up on this one. Bennett will be an unrestricted free agent.
    Last edited by Quikdraw; 12-30-2012 at 10:12 PM.

vCash
    not your fault at all, woulda been sweet to get some teams first tho lol

ive never actually see a team give up their first for a RFA

We Want Winston

vCash
    So after a little reserch, this is my free agent CB list. Not ranked by how good they are, just rank in order of who I would want given their past, and there age, and what it miught cost to get them.

1. Sean Smith- 26 years old, and unexpectingly became Miami's #1 CB this season. they prolly won't let him walk.
    2. C. Houston- 28 years old, and very realistic target.
    3. D. Cox- I think we should sign him even if we sign one of the first 2 guys. Young playmaker, currently Jax #3 CB, 4 INT's this year, and ready to be a #2
    4. B. Grimes- Still woried about this guys age and injury history, but could not be upset to get the supposed #1 CB in free agency.

Plenty other possibilities, but these are the guys I really like. If we decide to go after a veteran for leadership, I like S. Brown from the Clevland Browns.

vCash
    My very early draft big board at the end of the season is this-

1. D. Milliner- Best CB on the board. Plays against pro style defense, physical, and a playmaker. Should def. be our # one target. Then again, I though the same about M. Claiborne.
    2. K. Vaccaro- Has reallt risen on my boar since I realized his ability to play both safty positions. Biggest strenth- coverage. Biggest weakness- against the run. 1st aginst the run, 32nd against the pass, I think we can deal!
    3. The rest still to come. (E. Reid, S. Montgomery, CJ Mosley, J. banks, X. Rhodes, UGA DT forgot his name).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aecon13 View Post
    So after a little reserch, this is my free agent CB list. Not ranked by how good they are, just rank in order of who I would want given their past, and there age, and what it miught cost to get them.

1. Sean Smith- 26 years old, and unexpectingly became Miami's #1 CB this season. they prolly won't let him walk.
    2. C. Houston- 28 years old, and very realistic target.
    3. D. Cox- I think we should sign him even if we sign one of the first 2 guys. Young playmaker, currently Jax #3 CB, 4 INT's this year, and ready to be a #2
    4. B. Grimes- Still woried about this guys age and injury history, but could not be upset to get the supposed #1 CB in free agency.

Plenty other possibilities, but these are the guys I really like. If we decide to go after a veteran for leadership, I like S. Brown from the Clevland Browns.

Depending on the price, I like Sean Smith.
    "..complex mane dat love simple thangs."*S.L.uggeR*

vCash
    I don't think the Dolphins can afford to lose out on Sean Smith after trading Vontae Davis this off-season.

vCash
    ^ I agree w/ you, just putting my list together. C. Houston might be more realistic.

vCash
    Quincy will cost us 1 million next year and 500k in 2014, if he can't play again.

http://proplayerinsiders.com/nflpa-r...ction-benefit/

We Want Winston

Page 1 of 84 1231151 ... LastLast