Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 81 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1638
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    i see no redeeming qualities about him except his size.
    you could just say he isn't worth a 1st, the inane hyperbole is just a bit much

he is a badass runner and is pretty fast, kinda worth something

is he a body-catcher who doesn't run routes? I don't know. But calling him garbage is beyond the pale

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    The only way I would be ok with a LT at 12 is if we went balls to the wall in FA.
    positions worth taking BPA at 12(for us)? LT, CB, WR, TE, DE

RB or S? IMHO these positions are too susceptible to injury to take that high

DT? I think resigning our guys and moving Odrick there would be better

Center or MLB? not a need

OG no thanks

OLB? not worthwhile in a 4-3 scheme

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nocal_lbm View Post

OG no thanks

Unless warmack is there

vCash
    Why do you guys care about that LT position so much? It's not a big deal as long as we re-sign Long(to a fair deal) or sign or draft an average player. We don't need to have one of the best LT's in the NFL in order to compete for a championship. And we certainly shouldn't draft one in the first round even if we do manage to address the CB, WR and DE position in FA. We had one of the best LT's in the NFL from 2009-2011 and he didn't get us anywhere that's because LT's don't win games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiBoy77 View Post
    Unless warmack is there
    He doesn't fit the zone blocking scheme at all. He is a bruiser and would of fit Sparano power blocking scheme to a T though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nocal_lbm View Post

OG no thanks

If a great safety is on the board and fits the value you take him. No way is S more susceptible to injury than WRs are.

Official Dolphins Draft Guru '11 & NFL Draft Guru '12

Enjoy hilarious podcasts about popculture, wrestling, and videogames? Check out the lasertime network at lasertimepodcast.com

vCash
    Would you like this draft from an outsider who follows the Phins from a distant?

Rd1- Kenny Vaccaro S Texas
    Rd2- DeAndre Hopkins WR Clemson
    Rd2 (IND)- DJ Fluker OT/OG Alabama
    Rd3- Logan Ryan CB Rutgers
    Rd3 (CHI)- Robert Woods WR USC
    Rd4- Gavin Escobar TE San Diego St.
    Rd5- Hugh Thornton OG Illinois
    Rd7- BPA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiBoy77 View Post
    Unless warmack is there
    if you are set at OT then perhaps

vCash
    I agree with Go. We don't need an Elite LT. No need to overpay for Long and to draft one in the first.

mfw the Miami Dolphins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by godolphins View Post
    Why do you guys care about that LT position so much? It's not a big deal as long as we re-sign Long(to a fair deal) or sign or draft an average player. We don't need to have one of the best LT's in the NFL in order to compete for a championship. And we certainly shouldn't draft one in the first round even if we do manage to address the CB, WR and DE position in FA. We had one of the best LT's in the NFL from 2009-2011 and he didn't get us anywhere that's because LT's don't win games.
    Having a great LT may not win you games...but not having a good one can certainly lose them for you. Once Tanny gets blind-sided and is out for the season, then we are going to realize the importance. The fact that he gets rid of the ball so quickly is a GREAT characteristic. But he's also doing so out of necessity. A team like the Bears would be distinctly better IMO if Cutler wasn't on his back or running for his life constantly. Not everyone has an Aaron Rodgers that can get sacked more than any other QB in the league and still be successful. Elite QBs may not need elite lines...but young QBs better have time to read/react and have a running game that opens up their passing game.

I was listening to Adam Schefter the other day on ESPN and he was talking about the Niners. He was being asked about the team and what it was that made them so successful. "Is it their running game...their QB play...their defense" he was asked (paraphrasing). He said "no, the key to the Niners success is their offensive line. They have a young, talented, well-fitted, and chemistry-filled line...everything that this team does is based in their tremendous line play" (again, paraphrasing). But he was making the point that the line even in today's game is the foundation that an offense is built around. Just like with the Bears, all the weapons in the World can only do so much...you need the line to improve every aspect of the offense; a great line makes average RBs/QBs/TEs/WRs much more successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    He doesn't fit the zone blocking scheme at all. He is a bruiser and would of fit Sparano power blocking scheme to a T though.
    I agree that he would likely be "better fitted" for a power scheme, but he's not as nonathletic as you may think. Here is his write-up from CBS Sports (below). I don't know if he's be perfect for us, but I don't think he'd be bad either. Still though, Cooper is the way to go if we went with a guard. I just think we have to resign long if we are going with a guard at 12. I wouldn't mind trading back a few spots and landing Cooper, but I think he's almost guaranteed to be gone by the time Dallas picks at 18.

WARMACK:

STRENGTHS: Warmack is considerably lighter on his feet than one would expect given his stout frame, and is adept at meeting and eliminating linebackers at the second level.

In pass protection, Warmack does a nice job of supplying an initial punch and grasping hold of his opponent, showing good lateral agility to slide as well as the anchor to handle powerful bull-rushers.

Warmack is equally effective when asked to drive defensive tackles off the ball or beat linebackers to the action at the second level.

WEAKNESSES: Due to his lack of height, Warmack may lack the position versatility of his more recognizable linemates Barrett Jones and D.J. Fluker, but he is further along in his development than Fluker and, frankly, makes more eye-popping blocks than Jones. Size means that he'll be relegated strictly to interior blocking in the NFL.

COMPARES TO: Will Shields, OG, Kansas City Chiefs -- Let's be clear, no incoming rookie truly deserves comparison to a first ballot Hall of Famer, but Warmack is a rare prospect. While perhaps a tad shorter than ideal, Warmack uses his natural leverage advantage to consistently get under the pads of his opponents, driving them off of the ball in the running game and anchoring in pass protection. His lateral agility and balance make him effective getting to and blocking at the second level and handling quicker pass rushers, as well.

He has a long way to go before threatening Shields' record of 231 consecutive starts in the NFL, but proved durable in the SEC, starting every game the past three seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jokemaker View Post
    If a great safety is on the board and fits the value you take him. No way is S more susceptible to injury than WRs are.
    A FS at 12 (on a team with so many holes) seems like a stretch to me. But from what I'm hearing/reading, he sounds like he'll be a good one (but watching video of him; he looks to be more of a SS at the next level than a FS...of which we already have Jones at SS). If we re-sign Long, then I think we could be in a good position to go DE (Mingo/Ansah) or OG (Warmack/Cooper)...if we don't re-sign Long, then I think we should go DE or LT (Fisher/Johnson). Milliner is the only one I see truly being worth it at 12 outside of one of the above-mentioned...Jarvis Jones too could slip and be available if we are willing to gamble on him.
    Thanks again Phins1983!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    Would you like this draft from an outsider who follows the Phins from a distant?

Rd1- Kenny Vaccaro S Texas
    Rd2- DeAndre Hopkins WR Clemson
    Rd2 (IND)- DJ Fluker OT/OG Alabama
    Rd3- Logan Ryan CB Rutgers
    Rd3 (CHI)- Robert Woods WR USC
    Rd4- Gavin Escobar TE San Diego St.
    Rd5- Hugh Thornton OG Illinois
    Rd7- BPA

Replace Logan Ryan with Bailey and I'm all in. Id love this draft though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    I agree with Go. We don't need an Elite LT. No need to overpay for Long and to draft one in the first.
    I can't tell you who plays LT for the Ravens, 49ers, Falcons or Patriots so I guess that holds

Long is a classic case of "go out there and see what you can command and we will talk"

I personally think Long played hurt, alot of players have down years but they played through pain that we never really hear about. almost always impending FA's play like their hair is on fire, get paid and then suck. so what happened to Jake? perhaps he is just plain banged up and will never handle speed rushers like he did before he played through his injuries

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jokemaker View Post
    I guess we could agree to disagree. also CB's are becoming more valuable than safeties anyways. Vaccaro looks like a baddass but in nickel and dime packages he isn't worth **** to us. You can say what you want about other positions but @ 12 I want an every down player

vCash
    I look at drafting a FS at 12 like this. If we have a chance to get the next Earl Thomas, then I'm on board. If not, then I want a Pass Rusher or Patterson.

mfw the Miami Dolphins

vCash
    I've been brainwashed into thinking without an elite LT our qb will die, so yea, I want an elite LT. Just not, Jake long.

Page 81 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast