Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 62 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AddiX View Post
    Watched a few games, and the more I watched of okafor the slower he looked. He's extremely powerful, smart player, doesnt stop on any play, rarely gets knocked off balance, or out of position, ca play de or DT.

But he's slow, no burst, and no close out speed. I'll have to pass. If we were just looking for a starting DE, than He would do, but were looking for a pass rusher. He doesn't offer much of what we don't already have.
    This is my only "fear" with Okafor, is that he's a slightly better version of Odrick. I do think he's a better version, but by how much is yet to be seen. I am concerned with a guy like Mingo, because all he is, is speed it seems. Fast, flailing, closing speed...but little strength and technique. I certainly understand how his skill set could be beneficial, but I can also see how he could get put on his a## at the next level. To pull off 1 or 2 sacks in season at the collegiate level is a big red flag to me. If he can't consistently beat glorified high school players in many cases, then how is he going to beat the best the World has to offer? I think it could be years before we see true production out of someone like Mingo. If that's the case, then I think Ansah has to be the way to go if Werner/Moore don't drop. I will have to watch more on Jordan, but I just wasn't loving what I've seen so far.
    Feeling much better after that Raider beat down.

vCash
    ive seen some scouts have a 4th round grade on Okafor
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    Eh he is a late late 1st, but I think he will go 2nd unless he shows better athleticism at the combine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas_Phin1 View Post
    This is my only "fear" with Okafor, is that he's a slightly better version of Odrick. I do think he's a better version, but by how much is yet to be seen. I am concerned with a guy like Mingo, because all he is, is speed it seems. Fast, flailing, closing speed...but little strength and technique. I certainly understand how his skill set could be beneficial, but I can also see how he could get put on his a## at the next level. To pull off 1 or 2 sacks in season at the collegiate level is a big red flag to me. If he can't consistently beat glorified high school players in many cases, then how is he going to beat the best the World has to offer? I think it could be years before we see true production out of someone like Mingo. If that's the case, then I think Ansah has to be the way to go if Werner/Moore don't drop. I will have to watch more on Jordan, but I just wasn't loving what I've seen so far.
    I agree about, he often rushes like a man without a plan and its possible it could take a long time or he may never learn to control it. But his pass rushing ability is special, you could see him immediately getting sacks and as a he learns his own skill set, really becoming a terror.

Jordan is much more controlled but doesn't have the moves mingo does. Jordan reminds me a lot of a yiung Jason Taylor. He still has tons of growing to do physically, I think he will fill out more. Hes also pretty damn good in coverage.

vCash
    im not sure any TE in this class is worth anything.

what i like about Wheaton that jumps out at you besides the speed are his change of direction skills, his physicallity for someone his size,and the way he catches the ball.

i rather hope Ireland was paying more attention to Tavon Austin than Bailey but both will be good.

i dont understand why people keep saying #12 is not value for any of the WR's in this class because it is and its a better value for WR at #12 than it is CB. Also even if we sign Wallace or Jennings or Bowe the position will still be one of the top 2 positions of need between WR and G.

TE position has a chance to jump into the top 3 positions of need depending on how we handle the position this offseason
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    Dion Jordan is strictly an OLB. he cant play DE in the NFL and wouldnt be able to until he got bigger and stronger
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    Dion Jordan is strictly an OLB. he cant play DE in the NFL and wouldnt be able to until he got bigger and stronger
    He's a rush linebacker, I don't know how many times this needs to be repeated for you to understand that.

I find it funny you say he can't play in the NFL yet 90% of the players you like are 170 lbs soaking wet.

vCash
    He's a rush linebacker, I don't know how many times this needs to be repeated for you to understand that.

I find it funny you say he can't play in the NFL yet 90% of the players you like are 170 lbs soaking wet.
    i never said couldnt play in the NFL i said couldnt play DE. the players i like that are 170 soaking wet are playing in space thats the difference and are also strong. Mathieu would bodyslam Jordan
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    i never said couldnt play in the NFL i said couldnt play DE. the players i like that are 170 soaking wet are playing in space thats the difference and are also strong. Mathieu would bodyslam Jordan
    My point exactly, You still think mathieu is a high 2nd rnd prospect. How's Noel Devine doing?

vCash
    ive seen some scouts have a 4th round grade on Okafor
    Hmmm. I haven't seen that. But I have seen that some have him in their top 15 best players in the draft. Guess there's a wide range of opinions out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Eh he is a late late 1st, but I think he will go 2nd unless he shows better athleticism at the combine.
    That's exactly what I'm thinking. The combine is where he will officially make his charge towards the top of the board at his position.

I agree about, he often rushes like a man without a plan and its possible it could take a long time or he may never learn to control it. But his pass rushing ability is special, you could see him immediately getting sacks and as a he learns his own skill set, really becoming a terror.

Jordan is much more controlled but doesn't have the moves mingo does. Jordan reminds me a lot of a yiung Jason Taylor. He still has tons of growing to do physically, I think he will fill out more. Hes also pretty damn good in coverage.
    I'm so not opposed to Mingo because I think that he could be a "terror". But he's a gamble because he could be "terrible" as well. No matter who we go with, I just think it needs to be a DE at 12.

im not sure any TE in this class is worth anything.

what i like about Wheaton that jumps out at you besides the speed are his change of direction skills, his physicallity for someone his size,and the way he catches the ball.

i rather hope Ireland was paying more attention to Tavon Austin than Bailey but both will be good.

i dont understand why people keep saying #12 is not value for any of the WR's in this class because it is and its a better value for WR at #12 than it is CB. Also even if we sign Wallace or Jennings or Bowe the position will still be one of the top 2 positions of need between WR and G.

TE position has a chance to jump into the top 3 positions of need depending on how we handle the position this offseason
    A receiver that goes at 12 better be a major game changer at the next level. It's like taking a running back in the first round. It appears to be poor value pick because so many great ones are found throughout the rest of the draft. They have to be an amazing every-down back to be a first-round back. Receivers are the same I believe. They need to be GREAT at everything (including being very big and very fast) if they are worth it that high. Those receivers should be ready to make a difference in the NFL their first season on the field...not become a "good receiver" in a couple of seasons.

The same as a CB better be a Peterson/Revis type to be of good value at 12. You better be a god for the next decade if you want to go that high in the draft. Is a CB or WR better value at 12? Depends on the player. Is Milliner worth more than Allen? That's going to come down to personal opinion or team's needs. But there are tons of great WRs in this draft, and I don't know if Milliner is the next Peterson/Revis. Given that, you have to go with an impact player that has a skill set that can't be matched in the later rounds. DE's and linemen (and NFL-ready QBs obviously) seem to be the ones that are hardest to duplicate in the later rounds. So to me, a WR may be better value at 12 than a CB...but that doesn't mean that it is good value at the position. I'm not sure that there is a Jones/Green receiver in this draft, and if there's not, the later portion of the first half is where they belong IMO.
    Feeling much better after that Raider beat down.

vCash
    My point exactly, You still think mathieu is a high 2nd rnd prospect. How's Noel Devine doing?
    i liked Noel Devine but i had him as a late round pick/udfa so i dont exactly know your point. i find it funny though that everytime i prove you wrong you bring up 5 small speedsters that i never wanted and Noel Devine who i actually did but late
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    also not only would Mathieu bodyslam Jordan but Austin would run circles around him. im not even saying Jordan isnt good all im saying is he isnt a DE. so now that he isnt a DE i have to look at him with the other OLB's and id rather have Sean Porter at OLB
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    i liked Noel Devine but i had him as a late round pick/udfa so i dont exactly know your point. i find it funny though that everytime i prove you wrong you bring up 5 small speedsters that i never wanted and Noel Devine who i actually did but late
    You had divine in the mid rnds at one point, and lost your **** when we didn't draft him late. Dont deny it, you love fast midgits.

vCash
    Alright, I'm watching the East-West Shrine game and I want us to draft Army QB Trent Steelman. If we give him some time to develop as a receiver, the guy will be another Welker in the slot. He's got all the intangibles you could ever want in a player, and it looks like he has the ability. Take him in the 7th or in the 6th(if we get a compensatory pick).

Also, Colin Klein cannot throw a pass from the pocket to save his life.
    Last edited by SoxDolphan26; 01-19-2013 at 07:45 PM.

Adopt-a-Dolphin: Brent Grimes - #21, CB

vCash
    You had divine in the mid rnds at one point, and lost your **** when we didn't draft him late. Dont deny it, you love fast midgits.
    just bc i wanted Noel late you think i like fast midgets i dont understand you at all. i like guys that play big but you dont have many in this draft most everyone has small size or plays small in this draft. the only ones that come to mind that play big are Ezekiel Ansah, Jarvis Jones, Tyrann Mathieu, Justin Hunter, Eric Reid, Chase Thomas, John Simon, William Gholston, DJ Swearinger, Michael Williams, Levine Toilolo, Justice Cunningham, and Joseph Fauria. did i miss anyone?

as for SoxDolphan their are a 2 receivers at 12 that are major game changers at the next level their 1st season. Justin Hunter game changer 1st season. Tavon Austin game changer first season. Keenan Allen also would be solid at 12 but he isnt a game changer type but a solid all around move the chains and keep drives moving type that does create mismatches and can actually catch tds. Justin Hunter is a Jones/Green type. Milliner isnt worth more than Allen. his 1st yr will be spent learning to backpedal just like the last Alabama CB that went high. Mathieu will have the biggest impact of any CB yr one if he stays out of trouble. i understand the love for DE's because alot of them will make an impact yr 1 but its not a high need and the WR's listed and the G would make a bigger impact.
    Take Notes Rook

Page 62 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast