Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 46 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RonnieB23Ricky View Post
    How can you guys not want hartline opposite Wallace/Jennings? You have to replace his production which was a lot. He made a number of key drive-saving catches throughout the season. We need him back
    It all depends on the price. Fair value, great, anything above that, see ya later.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mckphins View Post
    Tedd ginn and his family was a better returner. Shame he sucked as a wr
    Meh. Not really. Teddy is probably a bit more explosive but it's not by much. And last time I checked Thingpen had a better average then Ginn(Could be wrong but it sure seams like it).

But I agree with Addix, I feel like Thigpen and Miller can easily replace the production that Reggie had. Millers got the running ability and Thigpen can help in the passing game.

mfw the Miami Dolphins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RonnieB23Ricky View Post
    How can you guys not want hartline opposite Wallace/Jennings? You have to replace his production which was a lot. He made a number of key drive-saving catches throughout the season. We need him back
    Hartline is easy to upgrade from and for far less. i would take Hartline money and give it to a diff FA WR then draft a WR since alot of WRs in this draft are an upgrade from him. i wouldnt resign Hartline regardless of anything
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AddiX View Post
    Ginn couldn't do anything without wide open lanes, and got taken down by arm tackles. Thigpen can actually handle some contact and knows how to slow down and accelerate to create lanes. Thigpen is better.
    Thigpen got wide open lanes and gets taken down easy and idk what you mean by accelerate because to me Thigpen is slow and always appears to be going in slow motion. Ted Ginn is way better
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    Thigpen got wide open lanes and gets taken down easy and idk what you mean by accelerate because to me Thigpen is slow and always appears to be going in slow motion. Ted Ginn is way better
    Thank you for your informative reply.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Meh. Not really. Teddy is probably a bit more explosive but it's not by much. And last time I checked Thingpen had a better average then Ginn(Could be wrong but it sure seams like it).

But I agree with Addix, I feel like Thigpen and Miller can easily replace the production that Reggie had. Millers got the running ability and Thigpen can help in the passing game.
    Last season Ginn averged 23.0 Yards per KR and 10.2 per PR
    Last season Thig averged 27.4 yards per KR and 12.2 per PR

Thigpen also had 27 more KR but 6 less PR. Thigpen also scored 2 TDs to Ginn's zero.

vCash
    armando
    I now wonder if Marino relationship in NY affected his resignation as Dolphins Sr. VP in Feb. 2004 to return to CBS? Will ask when I c him.
    hmmmmm........

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Last season Ginn averged 23.0 Yards per KR and 10.2 per PR
    Last season Thig averged 27.4 yards per KR and 12.2 per PR

Thigpen also had 27 more KR but 6 less PR. Thigpen also scored 2 TDs to Ginn's zero.
    Ginn had quite a few kickoff returns called back because of penalties and several since us. Thigpen gets wide open lanes where he just walks in. Ginn is a playmaker on special teams and Thigpen is not. Ginn has had 6 return TDs in his career and has had prolly the same amount of return TDs in his career called back. this whole idea of Thigpen being better than Ginn is absurd.
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    I'd really wish to find the stats on that because im about 100% sure Thigpen had more returns called back due to flags.

vCash
    It's one thing to say Ginn is better, but don't take anything away from thigpen. Had open lanes to just walk in? Really? Our STs has been horrible for the longest time. Thigpen had SOMETHING to do with his TWO returns.

One thing to think one guy is better, but don't make the other guy sound like a bum when he was faaaaaar from it. That just weakens your argument.

vCash
    Actually our ST's have been pretty decent since Rizzi took over.

mfw the Miami Dolphins

vCash
    Return wise? No.

vCash
    The writing is on the wall for impending free agent Greg Jennings' tenure in Green Bay. The 29-year-old recently put his Wisconsin home up for sale. Now he's rekindling a relationship with Miami Dolphins head coach Joe Philbin, his offensive coordinator with the Packers from 2007-2011.

"Joe, how you doing. Remember me?" Jennings said Friday while interviewing with the Dolphins' team-owned radio/web TV show on Friday. The wide receiver said he and Philbin developed "a great relationship" in their five years together with the Packers.

"He's one of my favorite coaches," Jennings said. "Obviously he jokes a lot, little subtle things here and there, but he's a great coach to have. He was a great coach to play for. He's one of those guys that you can have a relationship outside of football. As a player you admire a coach when he actually opens himself up like that."

With plenty of room under the salary cap and a serious need for a No. 1 receiver, the Dolphins have been connected to Jennings, Dwayne Bowe, and Mike Wallace as free-agent possibilities. Jennings would have the shortest learning curve in Miami thanks to his history with Philbin. The Dolphins are expected to consider "making a serious run" at Jennings once the new league year kicks in.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...in-remember-me

I hope this isn't another Peyton Manning/Matt Flynn instant where we look like the favorites and never land the player.

vCash
    In fairness, we never looked like the favorites for manning.

And we did for Flynn but Philbin passed, having much more knowledge on the player than us and it looks to be the right move. He's an overpaid back up now.

If the Phins don't sign him, I'll know he's not worth it because Philbin knows much more than we do. So either way ill be happy.

vCash
    Are you guys kidding me, i'd take Thigpen everytime.
    Ginn's cap hit was 1.375 this yr.
    Thigpen made 392,000.
    Do you really think it would be worth it to have Ginn over Thigpen, besides that while you're giving out stats on who's better KR-PR you have to consider the teams their on--like we didn't even make the playoffs and their in the Super Bowl. If Thigpen was on the 49ers his numbers would have been better.

Page 46 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast