Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Royce White "Refuses" to play in the D-League despite being assigned today...

http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/ar..._team/12540325

You know what... it's time to sue this useless mental-case piece of **** for breach of contract.

He's not even trying to make an effort to play. Now he's refusing assignments from his employer. Where I come from, that's called insubordination.

Look, we're not on Stern's market radar, but we've been screwed enough (the Pau trade comes to mind), but honestly, some form of compensation should be given for what has been essentially a wasted pick for someone who will never even be a part of the league he was drafted in.

vCash
    At the end of the day this is going to fall on Houston for drafting him. This was a wasted pick. I do not think there is going to be any compensation from the league, but he has to be in some sort of breach of contract for not accepting an assignment. The Rockets can not be naive to not have put some sort of clause in his contract about medical conditions. If they could just cut away from his contract it would be the best thing at this point.

Not to call anyone out but I remember when he was drafted someone was calling his game Lebron ish. From the begining I knew this was a bad move.
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/bf/Odb_welfare.jpg

vCash
    I read this article but I wonder what the medical recommendations are???

I would like to know that before placing blame on him or the rockets... I know he is afraid of flying or at least gets anxiety on planes but if there is some sort of treatment that is somewhat cost effective why not do it to shut him up.

Quote Originally Posted by knicksfan42 View Post
    ...For me a large part of it is that they were rivals. LeBron vs Wade was a great rivalry and for them to team up just doesn't sit right with me. It would've been cool if LeBron had gone to the Bulls.....
    and Bosh to the Heat to join Wade. That would've been awesome... I would've respected LeBron way more if he went there.
    Why have great rivals when you can join them and have none.... Lebron James where losing the spirit of competition happens!

vCash
    This guy is a joke.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    This guy is simpily a waste of a draft pick. At first I thought he was legit but now I see he is taking advantage ofthe situation for personnal game

vCash
    The league (namely Stern) can't revoke our draft pick waste, but in the least they should approve a move to release him for not earning his pay or making an effort to work out and take assignments.

Honestly, people like this, the ones that use their disability as a crutch constantly without showing equal effort for working as the employer has to accomodate the employed should be releasable by the team, and blacklisted from the league so they can't play out their drama elsewhere.

vCash
    He really is an ignorant dude. He's STILL going off on Twitter. Damn, he must have the worst PR guy and agent in the league.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    HOUSTON -- The Houston Rockets have suspended first-round pick Royce White for "refusing to provide services" required by his contract.

General manager Daryl Morey said Sunday that the team will continue to work with White in hopes of finding a resolution.

Last week, White refused his assignment to Houston's D-League affiliate. The 16th overall pick in the June draft has spent most of the season on Houston's inactive list while he and the team figure out how to handle his anxiety disorder and overall mental health.

The 6-foot-8 White missed the first week of training camp. He flew to Detroit with the team for the season opener and then traveled by bus to Atlanta and Memphis for games. But he soon stopped participating in team activities, saying his mental health took precedence over his NBA career.
    From the AP.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    I think there is a lot more to this, Rockets want to seem like the good guys here.

vCash
    He suspended now!!!!

vCash
    Not really a Rocket Fan (although I used to be so there's still a soft spot in my heart for the team) but i've been following this story and my wife who actually deals with children and adults who have real mental disabilities thinks this is ridiculous.

He's either retarded and felt like he needed to use abilities that he didn't care about.

Or he's not even trying, at least TRY, somehow he made it thru in college.
    Los Angeles Dodgers
    Started from the bottom (30-42, June 1st)
    Now we're here! (92-70, End of Season)
    National League Division Series Champs

vCash
    ^^Nice Picks, I am hoping for a Bronco Championship!! I would like to see Texans make it, but I already think they have done amazing things, but they are facing a cheating Patriots team, who already has all Texan's plays figured out..its gonna be a massacre.

Back to the story:
    The Rockets suspended him for breeching contract. And are still looking into what to do.

Apparently he has mental issues, which is serious, yet him nor Houston can figure out a way around it. I don't even know if Houston was aware of this when they got him.

You would think a franchise who spends millions on players, could hire a Doctor to take care of him and help him through this. I mean come on. Twittering crazy like, and being so un-professional...I mean he needs guidance, and needs to figure out what he needs to do, to play for this team. I know its not Houston's job, but we need to do something. We can't let this continue.
    Last edited by RyanStorm; 01-07-2013 at 03:56 PM.
    All great things come to an end...even in basketball -Me

vCash
    It was no secret about his anxiety. That's why he fell in the draft. The dude just wants to be paid for doing nothing.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    He either plays or he doesn't, if he doesn't want to play, then waive him. He is more of a problem than a solution. Not to be mean, but this is professional sports, I don't care if you have cancer, retardation, or diabetes, your getting paid to do a job, and if you can't do it, then you shouldn't be part of the job.

I am sure there are some undrafted rookies who would work out better.
    All great things come to an end...even in basketball -Me

vCash
    Draft pick gone down the drain!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast