Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    I just question how many injuries can one take?? How many surgeries before you really expect him to endure and come back 100%? I'm worried about him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quietmoney View Post
    I just question how many injuries can one take?? How many surgeries before you really expect him to endure and come back 100%? I'm worried about him.
    we are 21-9 without him, we really don't need a 100% Amare.

We are 21-9 without Amare and Iman.

We are 21-9 with key players missing a total of 105 games this year?

Amare and Iman are icing on the cake. The funny part is we still have no clue if we actually get better with him?

People are acting like we will stink without him if not 100% and the Amare from three years ago?

He looked fine in the clips I saw, anything he gives us again is icing on the cake.

Right now more importantly is we need Melo back. And even more important than Amare with Ray out is Iman, thats a fact right now, we need his perimeter defense and hope he can come back close to 100%.

Now I can't fly my airplane

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post

Amare and Iman are icing on the cake. The funny part is we still have no clue if we actually get better with him?

People are acting like we will stink without him if not 100% and the Amare from three years ago?

He looked fine in the clips I saw, anything he gives us again is icing on the cake.

Right now more importantly is we need Melo back. And even more important than Amare with Ray out is Iman, thats a fact right now, we need his perimeter defense and hope he can come back close to 100%.
    The voice of reason
    Future Ace

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QueensG_718 View Post
    Amares injury was definately worse then they made it out to be. You can just hear the uncertainty in his voice. Guys..hes far from healthy. If he actually sais that he will sacrifice his health for the good of the team means hes not even 70% i presume. I hope im wrong but there is something amare is just not saying.
    soooooooo agreeing with you...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    agree, i got a bad vibe from it. Amare was supposed to be out 6-8 weeks, it has been 8 weeks and he's telling reporters he's not even close to 80% yet?

And then he's saying he has to play and "sacrifice his body" because they need bodies?

What happened to all the talk of not rushing and not coming back til he's absolutely 100%? Why the sudden change? If you read between the lines its almost as if he's being pressured to play. Now I don't want him to come back til he's 100%, but at the same time its worrisome that he's saying he's not even close to 80% when 8 weeks was supposed to be the worst case scenario. how much time does he want?

I want amare back but that interview was definitely not good.

thank you .....because as usual i thought i saw and read into something that no one is seeing also..... this was the iffyest ( yea i made that up ) iffyest interview Ive ever seen... and you hit it right on the money my friend...

vCash
    First of all, If you have ever had a knee injury(surgery) you would understand that you don't feel 100% for quite some time...until you get a chance to go full speed for a while..not just 1 or 2 practices. What is wrong with a guy saying he is not 100% if it is true?
    I would have a much bigger problem with a guy saying I feel great and going out on the court and looking like a shell of himself(take a look at brewer!!) .

In Amares case...if he said he felt great(won't use his favorite word), and he came out at 80%....he would be absolutely destroyed by the Media and guys on this site for being done .. I am pretty sure he has smartened up and decided to cover his A@$!!!

vCash
    He was cleared to practice over 2 weeks ago meaning the docs felt he cant reinjure himself,I say he plays tomm but I can see why many here are fearing the worse when u take into account that Knick Drs are propably one of the worse in the league and throw in Amares knees and it does give a cause for concern.....we need Amare and soon hopefully tomm as the season goes on we just cant keep this up without another threat on the court imo

Europe get READY, THE CHAMPS ARE HERE!

New York Jets..New York Knicks..New York Yankees..Barcelona!!

vCash
    Even if he is 100% healthy, he wont be 100% court ready. If his health is at about 80% to just play 15-20mins then that is good.

Get him in game shape so when we start playing the teams when we need more production from the bigs, he will be in shape and have his timing down to go.

Right now Smith is our saving grace with injuries to both Melo and Felton so Stat wont have a heavy scoring load.
    Props To KnicksR4Real For The Sig

Props To KniCks4LiFe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VillaMaravilla View Post
    He was cleared to practice over 2 weeks ago meaning the docs felt he cant reinjure himself,I say he plays tomm but I can see why many here are fearing the worse when u take into account that Knick Drs are propably one of the worse in the league and throw in Amares knees and it does give a cause for concern.....we need Amare and soon hopefully tomm as the season goes on we just cant keep this up without another threat on the court imo
    Very true. Talks from the practices seem like he's looked amazing. I think he's giving it full go in practice, dunking on people, huge blocks, heavy work load....they said the D league scrimmage consisted of his teammates feeding him in the post every possession. Woodson interviews has him gushing over getting Amare back, and his interview yesterday seems to be pressuring him to play, saying you may never feel how you used to after surgeries...etc..etc.

But, the important thing to remember is that Amare is pretty injury prone. And if he's so sore that there's legit pain, he's going to shift weight off it. Jump more using the right leg. All of which can lead to other injuries. Either the same knee can develop tendonitis, the other knee can develop tendonitis, or in the feet. Back pains are also possible. The knee will ultimately be fine, if allowed to rest and be pain free while using it. But if he comes back too early and develops all these other injuries....that's when you can say he's breaking down.

He may feel some soreness for a long time...not a big deal. But if it's significant enough to where he consciously or subconsciously shifts his weight off of it....it can lead to problems.

He seemed more worried than anything, as I guess the workouts last week really resulted in some pain, hopefully he speaks another tune today and tomorrow.

HOWEVER, if it's not painful. It's important to point out that, all players with some pains face the same risks. Melo shifting weight from his left knee could cause problems, Tyson shifting weight from his injured ankle. Amare's going to come back and play maybe 20 minutes. Unless there's pain, he should be fine as long as he doesn't over do it.

vCash
    I'm really excited to have STAT back, but Id rather wait a few games I don't want him "sacrificing his body for the good of the team"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post

A player of Stat's caliber can't hurt coming off the bench

The Future

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RonnieB23Ricky View Post
    A player of Stat's caliber can't hurt coming off the bench

Still has a alot of wishful thinking stat is needed brothers n sis

period end of story, is that really needed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12