Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Always next year...

Unfortunately as bills fans this is a phrase we have heard for quite a while. What do you the fans fans feel we need to do to have atleast a winning season?

1- solid draft, maybe take teo first then either a qb or db 2/3. I feel with a stud like teo who can lead this defense and sure up the run defense, add another db to go across from Gilmore in this pass heavy league, and of course find a qb who can light a fire under fitz butt, or step in day one to start.

2- either new coach/gm or teach gailey how to call plays, when to go for it and when to punt/fg.

3- new fg kicker... One that can kick over 40 yards

vCash
    Hey all, I have been reading posts on this site for a while and have finally joined. Hope all you Bills fans have a happy new year.

I agree that we need to perhaps look at another kicker; this year, in particular, seems to me that there are a lot of good field goal kickers that can consistently hit 45+ yard field goals.

In regards to the draft, if we are picking at the 6th or 7th slot, I think we do need to go with best defensive player on the board.

I am interested to see what the Bills do with any coaching changes. One name I was thinking of earlier was Bruce Arians. He seems to have success wherever he goes, and I think it would be good to try and build the team similar to the steelers - good run game, good defense, win the Turnover ratio (which, has been disastrous for us), and consistently make the playoffs, which we all want. I am realistic, I don't think that can happen in one year.

Call me crazy, but I feel like we do have some talent on our defense but it just hasn't manifested itself this year. Clearly, Wannestedt is not achieving in the modest task that was his charge.

vCash
    We have talent on both sides of the ball. I feel just a few more key pieces and some consistency and we would be formidable. I would def like to see some changes in the coaching staff and FO for the better. Just some sorry play calling and misuse of players specifically CJ had cost us from being 10-6/9-7 team to a 6-10 team. I would like to atleast have a goal for next year to be seriously in the playoff hunt if not a wil card lock

vCash
    Step 2 is almost complete, we just need to make sure we don't replace them with equal garbage

vCash
    We all got our wish today and they let all the coaches go... Fresh start on the horizon.. we need solid coaches, ones that know how to call plays and read defenses like the QB... If we are going to be stuck with Fitz (not a good QB Draft class this year IMO) we need a coach that can teach him to throw with patience... and build arm strength to get the ball down field..

vCash
    If we don't find a QB, it will be more of the same.

vCash
    As odd as it sounds - maybe we should draft 2 QB's, considering how murky the college QB situation is.

vCash
    Well also good news is that Ralph gave up control of team. This can be very good news

vCash
    I hear Lovie Smith is interested in coaching the Bills. I hope we at least bring him in for an interview; would love to see what he could do for our defense.

vCash
    Love smith has done good in chi. For sone reason they just never have him any real qb. I've always thought cutler was ok but a bit overrated. Before Marshall his best receiver was a converted db. He is a defensive minded coach which will do us wonders.

vCash
    I'd be pretty happy with Lovie Smith as our defense was completely mismanaged. I still think we have players on D, except at lb, but the results were god awful.

vCash
    True, I think we have some good players on D too. Just need to draft some LB's. Nigel Bradham seemed to come on a bit at the end of the year too.