Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Rumors of Ownership change

Rumor is that a group of folks including Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas are going to buy the Bills, if this is true I think it would turn the franchise around.
    Wasn't gonna say anything this early but than I saw this
    http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2012...the-miami-game

vCash
    Hopefully there is more than just a change of ownership. Gm, Head Coach, Defensive Coordinator, qb, etc. should all be changed. What a disappointing year this has turned out to be.

vCash
    if this happened they would change that and more, most of all they would change the losing mentallity that this franchise has had for so long.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigred91 View Post
    Hopefully there is more than just a change of ownership. Gm, Head Coach, Defensive Coordinator, qb, etc. should all be changed. What a disappointing year this has turned out to be.
    A change in ownership would most definitely bring in a change in all of the above

Leafs, Raps, Jays, and Bills fan!

vCash
    ^ agreed. New owner means a likely change in personnel. The only problem I may for see if you have a group over an individual owning is arguments in personnel. With that being said if they getting new HC how about that Reid fellow who is likely out of a job... Certainly can't do worse than gailey.

vCash
    Hopefully something good happen… soon. Things need to change. This has become comical at this point.

vCash
    Now I was under the impression Ralph wasn't going to sell, that the sale would inevitably happen after he passes... I wasn't able to pull up that article to see if it was addressed.

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Ralph has stated in the past that he wouldn't sell until he passes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marcre View Post
    Hopefully something good happen… soon. Things need to change. This has become comical at this point.
    Agreed.

BTW, does anyone have a credible link/source that this is rumored to happen or the franchise will be sold to the Kelly/Thurman group? I've only heard rumblings about it, but haven't seen anything. Obviously, nothing will come about now, but it'll be fun to see.

Also, I wonder if Ralph will decide to sell the team. Think about it....He is in the HOF, he's made his mark on the community and state, he got the lease for another 7-10 years at least with the new committee of planning a new stadium. Not to mention he is over 90, his health is deteriorating and they've said that Ralph didn't even make it to one home game this year. Maybe, just maybe he feels the time has come.

Finally, Merry Christmas to all you faithful Bills fans. Hope its a great day for you guys.

Credit--- Phins1983

vCash
    I'm wondering exactly what's going on at this point. If this is true, why haven't we heard more about it? If true, why would he sell now?

vCash
    Rumor appears to have been Russ Brandon's promotion.

1934 • 1938 • 1961 • 2010 • 2013

vCash
    Jim Kelly's nephew, who plays College Football, tweated last year that Jim Kelly and George Gillette have purchased the Buffalo Bills. The tweat was taken off an hour later.

People close to Jim Kelly's Nephew mentioned that the deal is already done between Kelly, Gillette and Ralph Wilson's daughter. The reason Ralph will not sell the team now is because of his ego. He wants to die, the owner of the Buffalo Bills. Ralphy apparently feels if he dies owner, the entire NFL and sporting world will recognize him. But if he sells the team then dies 8-years from now, only the Buffalo Bills will recognize him. The deal is apparently done though.