Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 151
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    7,915
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYTHRILLZ97 View Post
    We obviously will need another qb. Mark didnt do as good like i thout he would do! HE doesnt look like the franchize qb we thout he would be but it may not all be his fault. And Tebow I hear will be playing on the jacksonville jagwaurs next year. Mcelroy is not the answer!!!

    So, with that said- - Who can we trade sanchez for? I think we should trade him to tampa for josh freeman. Freeman has been pretty good he may not be the star we would like but i think he would do better than sanchez and the bucs would probly want a fresh start since they only went 7-10 this year... hopefully they think sanchez is good.

    Other possiblities - - Matthew stafford of the lions and Cam newton of the panthers. we need a young guy to build around other than sanchez.

    Thouts?
    How about the unpopular, obvious idea? Instead of wasting money, Keep Sanchez, get a good veteran and a rookie that we pick in the 3-5 round to come in and start/compete for the job.
    And instead of trading for ROMO (Really? Mrs. Clutch in NY?) Or Cam or Stafford, we fill in the glaring holes on offense so that when we do get a solid QB, they have a solid team ready made.
    If we bring in a QB without a good team around them, we will suffer the same fate. And although QB is a big issue, it is only a small part of the greater problem.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    19,336
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by yanksrock View Post
    But he played QB!! What do you know?? Just shut up and trade Sanchez for RG3.
    RG3 would never come here


    Props To CheapTrikz For The Sig

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    6,830
    vCash
    1500
    Some serious LOL happening in here

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    927
    vCash
    1500
    Alright I've read most of the posts in this thread and honestly not blasting anyone or anything, but I havnt seen anything realistic or anything that would help us going into next season.
    Here is an idea that could either be a stop gap or could turn out to be our qb of the future. We call Seattle and offer Sanchez and a mid round pick while offering to take 6 million of sanchez's 8 million salary for Matt Flynn. That way Seattle will only be paying 2 mil for their back up (Sanchez), carrol and Sanchez are farmiliar with each other, and we get a possible franchise Qb or at least a qb that could get us though next season seeing as there are no good qb's to be had via draft or FA.
    I don't remember Flynns cap number for next year but I'm pretty sure we would be paying under 10 mil total for a qb at that point even while taking 6mil of Sanchez's salary. Even if Flynns cap number is higher to me spending 10-12 mil on a capable Qb is well worth it to be competitive. Especially when otherwise we would be paying 8mil to go through another season with sanchez. This to me is the only way to go unless some rediculious opportunity comes along.
    Bottom line we can go into next season with Sanchez on this roster, Flynn would be a breath of freash air and our new GM with realize this.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    8
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    You seem like you're on the fence on this one. Let me know when you figure out how you feel.
    none of the qbs named will be traded. Sanchez is owed too much money for a team to do anytype of trade. The best bet is get 2 good wide receivers, tight end, and a decent running back and stay with sanchez for one more year. The jets might just pull out 2 or 3 more games if they do that... So many people put the poor play of sanchez as the reson for the 6 and 10, but its plain and simple math, look at the first 2 wins of the season, they lost TD, and yards when they lost holmes, they lost their only play maker. and after he went down, They acted like this season didn't matter, the didn't replace thier no.1 Wide receiver. Sanchez forced alot of passes, he had to all of his receivers were single covered, and they still couldn't get open. I can't think of one starting QB that would sign up to throw to Kerly, Hill, and the other nameless few... To me it was like a NAS car trying to compete on 3 tires..
    and they still won 6 games....

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    8
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ibleedgreen View Post
    Alright I've read most of the posts in this thread and honestly not blasting anyone or anything, but I havnt seen anything realistic or anything that would help us going into next season.
    Here is an idea that could either be a stop gap or could turn out to be our qb of the future. We call Seattle and offer Sanchez and a mid round pick while offering to take 6 million of sanchez's 8 million salary for Matt Flynn. That way Seattle will only be paying 2 mil for their back up (Sanchez), carrol and Sanchez are farmiliar with each other, and we get a possible franchise Qb or at least a qb that could get us though next season seeing as there are no good qb's to be had via draft or FA.
    I don't remember Flynns cap number for next year but I'm pretty sure we would be paying under 10 mil total for a qb at that point even while taking 6mil of Sanchez's salary. Even if Flynns cap number is higher to me spending 10-12 mil on a capable Qb is well worth it to be competitive. Especially when otherwise we would be paying 8mil to go through another season with sanchez. This to me is the only way to go unless some rediculious opportunity comes along.
    Bottom line we can go into next season with Sanchez on this roster, Flynn would be a breath of freash air and our new GM with realize this.
    Interesting plan, but wouldnt that money for paying sanchez salary, and Flynns salary, go further if they just went out for a wide reciever? I understand what you are saying, but even if you get another QB, all that money ties up the possiblity of not getting some for that new Qb to throw to.. which might not be sanchezes whole problem, might just be part of it. What im saying is no matter who you get, there are no play makers on this offence so i dont see another Qb fixing that.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    19,336
    vCash
    1500
    Sanchez is god awful and the FO needs to realize this and bring in a guy to be the starter with Sanchez riding the bench


    Props To CheapTrikz For The Sig

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    927
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mark3366 View Post
    Interesting plan, but wouldnt that money for paying sanchez salary, and Flynns salary, go further if they just went out for a wide reciever? I understand what you are saying, but even if you get another QB, all that money ties up the possiblity of not getting some for that new Qb to throw to.. which might not be sanchezes whole problem, might just be part of it. What im saying is no matter who you get, there are no play makers on this offence so i dont see another Qb fixing that.
    I looked into Flynns contract while taking on 6 million from sanchez's contract and Flynns 5.25 mil we would be into a starting qb for 11.25 million a good amount but not horrible for a capable non Sanchez qb. Not that I hate Sanchez but its time for a change.

    Yes we need some play makers badly but paying a little over 11 mil will allow for us to get some much needed talent around Flynn. Obviously the offense needs to be reconstructed but getting Sanchez out of here and bringing in a good QB with a decent upside is a must. Plus I didn't get into the total offense because it is a Sanchez trade thread.

    I think most will agree Sanchez and the jets need a fresh start and this will do that at least for this upcoming season.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    225
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyesmuststay View Post
    I dont ever want to see him qb a game for this team again. I wouldnt cut him because of the cap hit, but if we cant trade him, i would bring in a vet, draft a rookie and let sanchez sit inactive as the 3rd qb.
    this

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    18,361
    vCash
    5000
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    Can Rex continue to say Sanchez gives his team the best chance to win?
    I think here is where I disagree -- the answer is likely yes because there are no options.

    Up to this point, the option was Tebow. When they wanted to see what McElroy had, he got sacked 11 times and hit another 5 times. That's a systemic problem.
    Trade release who cares..The Jets wont win with him or without him so what difference does it make eating his salary.
    It would actually cost the Jets more to release him than to keep him.

    There's no money to pay a new QB. Especially with the amount of holes to fill. I wouldn't use a 1st round pick on a QB in this draft, especially at 9. Maybe in the 2nd-3rd round.

    They're better off building for their next QB -- who are you going to bring in here to put under center in the same mess? What QB would you want to groom or develop like this? They need to make this a favorable environment for a QB, Sanchez or no Sanchez.
    Last edited by Sandman; 12-31-2012 at 07:01 PM.
    The Michigan team bus was stuck outside Notre Dame stadium for hours after somebody painted a 20 yard line in the parking lot

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,984
    vCash
    1500
    OH MY GOD WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THIS THREAD?????????



    Redskins make the playoffs for the first time in a while because of their new rookie QB who may very well end up being one of the elite QB's in the NFL, like everyone during this current era has been classifying Brady, Manning, and Rodgers. RG3 and Luck could be the next to join that group over the next several years.... There is literally NO CHANCE the Redskins trade him for Revis, Sanchez (one of the WORST QB's in the NFL) and some picks. NO CHANCE!! They would know it would set them back again and would now have a ****** *** QB and therefore would have to have an elite defense just to make the playoffs, just like we did with Sanchez.... you think we made it that far his first two yrs cuz of Sanchez? LOLLLLL

    Forget ANY trade where RG3 or Cam Newton come to the Jets... teams don't just trade their very young franchise, already proven QB for a ****** one.

    Honestly, I don't think there is ANY package that would get RG3. Those QB's don't come around much. He's gonna be great. We can offer our entire team and they'll turn it down. It you have a terrible QB, you can't win a SB.
    Last edited by bklynny67; 12-31-2012 at 07:02 PM.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    19,336
    vCash
    1500
    Flynn is probably the Jets are going to get to replace Sanchez as the starter


    Props To CheapTrikz For The Sig

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    63
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    OH MY GOD WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THIS THREAD?????????



    Redskins make the playoffs for the first time in a while because of their new rookie QB who may very well end up being one of the elite QB's in the NFL, like everyone during this current era has been classifying Brady, Manning, and Rodgers. RG3 and Luck could be the next to join that group over the next several years.... There is literally NO CHANCE the Redskins trade him for Revis, Sanchez (one of the WORST QB's in the NFL) and some picks. NO CHANCE!! They would know it would set them back again and would now have a ****** *** QB and therefore would have to have an elite defense just to make the playoffs, just like we did with Sanchez.... you think we made it that far his first two yrs cuz of Sanchez? LOLLLLL

    Forget ANY trade where RG3 or Cam Newton come to the Jets... teams don't just trade their very young franchise, already proven QB for a ****** one.

    Honestly, I don't think there is ANY package that would get RG3. Those QB's don't come around much. He's gonna be great. We can offer our entire team and they'll turn it down. It you have a terrible QB, you can't win a SB.
    Revis is one of the best players in the NFL period!! Sanchez one us playoff games and got us to the afc champ game TWICE!!! how much more proof do you need to no that he is relly talented?? If we thro in a pick I dont see why they woudnot consider it. Rg3 is good and young but he hasnt prooven anything yet IMO to make him un tradeable

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    18,361
    vCash
    5000
    Quote Originally Posted by NYTHRILLZ97 View Post
    Revis is one of the best players in the NFL period!! Sanchez one us playoff games and got us to the afc champ game TWICE!!! how much more proof do you need to no that he is relly talented?? If we thro in a pick I dont see why they woudnot consider it. Rg3 is good and young but he hasnt prooven anything yet IMO to make him un tradeable
    Mrs. Sanchez?
    The Michigan team bus was stuck outside Notre Dame stadium for hours after somebody painted a 20 yard line in the parking lot

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    7,915
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Crom-Viscera View Post
    Flynn is probably the Jets are going to get to replace Sanchez as the starter
    If we picked up a chunk of Sanchez's check and they'd take him off our hands in a straight (no picks) trade for Flynn, I'd do it. But I'm leery of a guy who got beat out of a rookie, even though that rookie is as good as he is.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •