Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 151
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,998
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYTHRILLZ97 View Post
    I disagree and I dont appreciate you laughing at me like that I wouldn't laugh at someone just cause I disagreed differently than them. Its childish. So do you think we should hang on to mark even tho you think hes not good? Im not following your logic.
    Fixed your grammar.

    Moving on... Literally EVERYONE is disagreeing with you because Sanchez is really one of the worst QB's in the NFL and has no value at all. Teams don't trade great QB's for great CB's. No matter how good Revis is, because of his position, he doesn't impact the game like a great QB does. Therefore, all of you're proposals will not happen.

    We are stuck with Sanchez for now unless someone takes a trade where we get back basically nothing in return because we won't cut him cuz of his contract. We'd take more of a cap hit if he's cut then if we just keep him on the roster.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    118
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYTHRILLZ97 View Post
    I dis aggree and I dont appreceate you laughing at me like that I wouldn't laugh at some one just cause I dis aggreed differently than them. Its childish. So do you think we should hang on to mark even tho you think hes not good? Im not flowing your logic.
    Pretending that this is a serious thread for a second and pretending that a team would be seriously interested in Sanchez after the way he played this season....

    His stats alone would tell you that he wouldn't bring much back in a trade. Especially not a top 15 QB even if you threw Revis in there... RGIII hasn't proved anything yet but Washington just gave up a huge amount for him, he turned around their franchise and lead them to a division crown, so why would they trade him for a guy who has lead the league in turnovers? Now if you said they might consider trading Kirk Cousins for Sanchez and a pick, I might think it was possible. Even though Sanchez's cap number would squash that immediately....

    I agree that they should dump Mark, he was exposed over the last two seasons for what he is (an average QB at best) but because of the cap situation, they are stuck with him.

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,998
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    Btw revis himself is worth a first rounder, maybe more. Sanchez is not tradeable with his contract.

    People needs to realize this.

    Revis will stay a jet unless we are completely compensated. And next year the jets need a strong defense to even compete. Revis stays, that's a fact. Anyone who thinks our offense can compete in one offseason is delusional.
    I agree with this but as much as I love Revis, how many more yrs will he be this dominant, compared to how long it's gonna take for us to compete again? We are likely to suck at least the next yr or two and would just be wasting away great yrs from Revis.

    Should we at least explore a Revis trade for someone or multiple players who could help for many yrs?

    I really fear that Revis will be great for the next 2 or 3 yrs but we'll still suck as a team, and could have at least gotten a good 1st round pick and maybe more to help us for many yrs.

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    301
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    Btw revis himself is worth a first rounder, maybe more.
    I disagree completely. The only chance would be a team close to being championship calibre and who has a #28-#32 overall pick anyway and cap room to afford him. Those teams suddenly coming up with cap room would be a miracle. You're dreaming if you think you're going to get a premier Top 10 pick for him. Only elite QB's get those.
    Last edited by numbers-king; 12-31-2012 at 10:03 PM.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    301
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYTHRILLZ97 View Post
    I dis aggree and I dont appreceate you laughing at me like that I wouldn't laugh at some one just cause I dis aggreed differently than them. Its childish. So do you think we should hang on to mark even tho you think hes not good? Im not flowing your logic.
    Dude, it's not an opinion. It's a fact. Sanchez blows. He regression was entirely predictable. Football Outsiders nailed it after his one "good" season when they found that he lead the league in dropped interceptions. He was dumb stupid lucky for one year.

    Sanchez is GARBAGE.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,691
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Fixed your grammar.
    Actually, you fixed his spelling.

    What the **** do they teach you kids in school? No wonder Johnny can't read.


    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Miami , FL
    Posts
    3,597
    vCash
    1500
    Sanchez for another nfl starting qb? Lmao. Add revis or a shi ton of picks and its poss.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,998
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Actually, you fixed his spelling.

    What the **** do they teach you kids in school? No wonder Johnny can't read.
    lol good one. Ya got me

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    301
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ryang View Post
    Sanchez for another nfl starting qb? Lmao. Add revis or a shi ton of picks and its poss.
    Sanchez+Revis+**** ton of picks might fetch you a Stafford but only if you removed Sanchez from the package.

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,998
    vCash
    1500
    I don't think anything can get us a Stafford or RG3 or any other very good QB. I mean, i suppose if you wanted to trade Revis, Coples, Wilkerson, and multiple first round picks then maybe....

    Great QB's don't come around often. There's probably none in this upcoming draft... of course unless there's a 6th round Tom Brady out there somewhere.... but teams don't trade great QB's with literally nothing to replace him with. Teams win SB's because of great QB's, not because of great DB's.

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Southern CAL
    Posts
    5,073
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers-king View Post
    I disagree completely. The only chance would be a team close to being championship calibre and who has a #28-#32 overall pick anyway and cap room to afford him. Those teams suddenly coming up with cap room would be a miracle. You're dreaming if you think you're going to get a premier Top 10 pick for him. Only elite QB's get those.
    If revis is 100% teams will give a 1st and atleast a second for him. He's a once in a generation player. Put it this way vontae Davis got a second and 5th and he's not half the corner darelle is. Even though I don't want darelle to go I can see a few teams paying a top pick for him.

    BUT

    since he is coming off injury we can lock him up for cheap and I'm all in for that.


    #Hernandezing


    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Southern CAL
    Posts
    5,073
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    I agree with this but as much as I love Revis, how many more yrs will he be this dominant, compared to how long it's gonna take for us to compete again? We are likely to suck at least the next yr or two and would just be wasting away great yrs from Revis.

    Should we at least explore a Revis trade for someone or multiple players who could help for many yrs?

    I really fear that Revis will be great for the next 2 or 3 yrs but we'll still suck as a team, and could have at least gotten a good 1st round pick and maybe more to help us for many yrs.
    Problem is though our defense needs to stay strong for us to compete. Ground and pound with an average QB only works if u can stop the other team from scoring a lot of points. If Cro keeps this level of play and darelle comes back 100% we are a few offensive pieces away from doing some damage.

    You need to remember this, Holmes comes back and hill will have another off season. I'm not saying the offense will be great but with a decent QB and great defense we can be better than this year for sure.


    #Hernandezing


    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,998
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    Problem is though our defense needs to stay strong for us to compete. Ground and pound with an average QB only works if u can stop the other team from scoring a lot of points. If Cro keeps this level of play and darelle comes back 100% we are a few offensive pieces away from doing some damage.

    You need to remember this, Holmes comes back and hill will have another off season. I'm not saying the offense will be great but with a decent QB and great defense we can be better than this year for sure.
    Yea that's the problem though. Who are we gonna bring in to be that average QB? Rumors are that we could get Vick to be the starter. I don't think that will be the answer. Alex Smith? I don't know.... Both would be better than Sanchez but would we make the playoffs with one of those two? Who knows.....

    Someone like Alex Smith I think could work since we still have a very good defense but a better RB would help too. I know he's not great and a lot of people on here don't want Smith, but I'd take him over Sanchez. He hasn't had great WR's either but still completed 60% for 4 straight yrs, including 70% this yr in the 10 games he played, and he doesn't turn the ball over much at all. That alone is huge. If all those Sanchez red-zone turnovers were instead a couple TD's and some FG's, we'd win so many more games.

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,691
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    lol good one. Ya got me
    Most likely my last Magooing of 2012.


    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Southern CAL
    Posts
    5,073
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Yea that's the problem though. Who are we gonna bring in to be that average QB? Rumors are that we could get Vick to be the starter. I don't think that will be the answer. Alex Smith? I don't know.... Both would be better than Sanchez but would we make the playoffs with one of those two? Who knows.....

    Someone like Alex Smith I think could work since we still have a very good defense but a better RB would help too. I know he's not great and a lot of people on here don't want Smith, but I'd take him over Sanchez. He hasn't had great WR's either but still completed 60% for 4 straight yrs, including 70% this yr in the 10 games he played, and he doesn't turn the ball over much at all. That alone is huge. If all those Sanchez red-zone turnovers were instead a couple TD's and some FG's, we'd win so many more games.
    Your missing my point, unless someone trades for Sanchez and he's cleared off our books we can't afford smith or Vick. We would have to get a Matt Moore or Jason Campbell type. So we would need our defense next year to even compete. That's why revis is more valuable to us than for a 1st rounder that needs time to develop. And another thing is corners have a longer shelf life that most positions do. Look at ronde barber, Terrance Newman, he'll even Asante Samuel. Revis will and should stay with the jets.


    #Hernandezing


    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •