Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Post Season Press Conference

Rex says Ben Kotwica will replace Mike Westhoff as Special Teams coach. Rex says he's looking for OC and DC.

Rex said he's approaching today as his first day. "This is it, this is a new chance for me."

Rex relays: "Last night, after thinking about it for a long time, I decided to let Tony Sparano go."

Rex Ryan: "At the end of the day, I wanted to move this team in a different direction offensively."

Rex: "I don't think I've done as good a job of implementing who I am throughout this team. I want physical, aggressive attack style"

Rex: "When we look for the new OC, I want somebody with same type of belief that I have."

Woody Johnson says that Rex Ryan will be part of GM search process and admits 1 condition for new GM is Rex must stay in 2013

Asked about Sanchez, Ryan said they will get a new offensive coordinator, and "we'll see what happens."

Rex has a feeling he will promote from within for DC. .... It'll likely be Dennis Thurman.

vCash
    Rex on Tebow's future: "Right now, it's way too early to say what any of our players' future is. Tim is under contract with our team"

Woody Johnson on Tebow: "We'll make those decisions when we have a new OC."

Rex: "In many ways, I'm in much better shape than some guys are."

vCash
    Rex is back.

vCash
    Rex on not implementing his vision for the offense in first four years: "I've failed in that area."

Rex: "This has to get done. I've failed to this point...I have confidence in myself that this will succeed."

vCash
    Rex on Sanchez: "Whoever the OC is, his system... the financial part will not have any of the considerations for it."

vCash
    Woody says there is no mandate for Rex to make playoffs next season to keep his job.

The Jets QB job is wide open, say Woody Johnson and Rex Ryan, depending on a new GM and OC.

vCash
    I'm going to throw up if they keep side stepping the Sanchez issue. The guy sucks, get rid of him.

vCash
    Woody on circus perception: "I feel good about direction of the New York Jets".

Rex on offense: Said he bought into Ground and Pound more than should have. Need to be more open minded.

Ryan said there "perhaps" could be other moves in the coaching staff.

vCash
    Rex sounds really uncomfortable
    THE GOAT

Until a player reaches these PA numbers, lets not talk about how good they are.

The Following PA's are when sample size stabilizes

50 PA: Swing %
    100 PA: Contact Rate
    150 PA: Strikeout Rate, Line Drive Rate, Pitches/PA
    200 PA: Walk Rate, Groundball Rate, GB/FB
    250 PA: Flyball Rate
    300 PA: Home Run Rate, HR/FB
    500 PA: OBP, SLG, OPS, 1B Rate, Popup Rate
    550 PA: ISO

vCash
    A waste of time until we have a new GM, OC. Hard for them to answer any of the questions.

It was odd to hear that Rex would be part of the GM selection process. How many of you get to select their boss? Woody has an unconventional approach. It doesn't mean it can't work. He really believes in Rex. That much is clear.

vCash
    Will Rex have more veto power on O? "It's important to make sure we get a guy who understands exactly what we want. That attack mentality"

Rex on Metlife SuperBowl: "I will say having that at our stadium, there's not a coach in the world who wound't want that."

Woody Johnson says new GM will have final say on personnel matters.

Woody's message to season-ticket holders: "I have ultimate confidence in this organization to put consistently winning team. We failed this year"

vCash
    Rex also said that ground & pound fit 09 team but now wants more unpredictable, attacking offense.

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

vCash
    Did Woody Johnson consider firing Rex? "No, I never considered that."

Woody Johnson: "I think Rex Ryan is perfect for the NY Jets."

vCash
    Guess Rex and Woody dont understand the NFL has become a passing league. Sounds like Rex wants to go with the ground and pound for one more year before he is fired.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CostanzaNumba0 View Post
    Rex sounds really uncomfortable
    Well Damien Woody tweetd that he sounds like the old Rex and someone else said that Rex seemed amped up.

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast