Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 46 to 51 of 51
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Newark
    Posts
    4,684
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    true that and none taken...I can't predict the future or anything, but I guess I should've been more clear with my point: It wasn't a mistake to DW, and we shouldn't regret it, and something tells me that you were feeling a bit stingy when you saw Eli throw a pass to Martin in the pro bowl haha
    Yea lol, Wilson and Martin hooked up on a nice TD as well..

    Martin had the 3rd most rushing yards by a rookie in NFL history, keep in mind with the NFL being a passing league and every team uses at least 2 rbs. That's just makes what he did down right impressive..

    I like DW but I don't like how some fans try to diminish what Martin did to make DW look better. Martin looks like he's gonna be a special rb in this league. Hopefully Wilson can be the same.. But so far Martin has a huge lead.
    Last edited by NY007; 01-28-2013 at 11:35 AM.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Milford,CT ..never move here lol
    Posts
    6,065
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NY007 View Post
    Yea lol, Wilson and Martin hooked up on a nice TD as well..

    Martin had the 3rd most rushing yards by a rookie in NFL history, keep in mind with the NFL being a passing league and every team uses at least 2 rbs. That's just makes what he did down right impressive..

    I like DW but I don't like how some fans try to diminish what Martin did to make DW look better. Martin looks like he's gonna be a special rb in this league. Hopefully Wilson can be the same.. But so far Martin has a huge lead.
    Different styles .

    I think Martin will be solid for 5 yrs and DW will be explosive for 5 rushing tds go to Martin but theat level to DW and overall DW has more potential .

    Martins a small power back like mjd so you're right he could be great and did have an amazing season advantage him .

    But here we wouldn't of played him enough anyway and if you don't believe that fine but I don't see him returning kicks enough to get onto the roster like Dw had to and as good as Martin is he wouldn't be taking it to the house on 2-7 carries a game on obvious run plays no 3rd downs ..

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Newark
    Posts
    4,684
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker117 View Post
    Different styles .

    I think Martin will be solid for 5 yrs and DW will be explosive for 5 rushing tds go to Martin but theat level to DW and overall DW has more potential .

    Martins a small power back like mjd so you're right he could be great and did have an amazing season advantage him .

    But here we wouldn't of played him enough anyway and if you don't believe that fine but I don't see him returning kicks enough to get onto the roster like Dw had to and as good as Martin is he wouldn't be taking it to the house on 2-7 carries a game on obvious run plays no 3rd downs ..
    Just because Wilson didn't get on the field don't assume Martin wouldn't have. He's a better blocker and more of a all around back.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Milford,CT ..never move here lol
    Posts
    6,065
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NY007 View Post
    Just because Wilson didn't get on the field don't assume Martin wouldn't have. He's a better blocker and more of a all around back.
    With less fumbling issues too and was probably more coveted by our gm as it seems from everything that leaks/rumors that we were set to take him until we got jumped by tb ... That said. we needed a lot of players to step up there rookie years and most didn't start.

    ill give you this he probably would of been in more than Dw .

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    689
    vCash
    1500
    Anyone else beside me think that whoever trades for Alex Smith is a dumb motherf$&%*#? This is a guy that was mediocre from the day that he was drafted up until the day that he got one of the top OL in the NFL (2011). He went about 6 years of being mediocre.

    On top of that he makes a lot of money, and SF would most likely dump that salary rather than pay him to be on the bench. Instead, a team (rumored to be KC) is going to actually trade for him and put him behind one of the worst OL in the NFL. What the heck are they expecting? They are trying to replace Matt Cassel/Brady Quinn with a Matt Cassel/Brady Quinn clone. No wonder KC is constantly competing for the top pick in the draft. These are the times that I am glad that guys like Jerry Reese don't panic during critical situations.

    As to why this stuff makes me angry when it doesn't involve the NY Giants? Well, KC is basically going to come in and "fix" the forty whiners problem by taking A. Smith from them and giving them compensation for it. Why can't the Giants be as lucky and have a dumbass GM come in and trade for David Diehl?

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    9,276
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by eeek78 View Post
    Anyone else beside me think that whoever trades for Alex Smith is a dumb motherf$&%*#? This is a guy that was mediocre from the day that he was drafted up until the day that he got one of the top OL in the NFL (2011). He went about 6 years of being mediocre.

    On top of that he makes a lot of money, and SF would most likely dump that salary rather than pay him to be on the bench. Instead, a team (rumored to be KC) is going to actually trade for him and put him behind one of the worst OL in the NFL. What the heck are they expecting? They are trying to replace Matt Cassel/Brady Quinn with a Matt Cassel/Brady Quinn clone. No wonder KC is constantly competing for the top pick in the draft. These are the times that I am glad that guys like Jerry Reese don't panic during critical situations.

    As to why this stuff makes me angry when it doesn't involve the NY Giants? Well, KC is basically going to come in and "fix" the forty whiners problem by taking A. Smith from them and giving them compensation for it. Why can't the Giants be as lucky and have a dumbass GM come in and trade for David Diehl?
    If they resign Albert and draft Joeckel (spelling?), they will have a 10 ton offensive line easily imo. They weren't all that bad this year either.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •