Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 51
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7,105
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GMenFanSince90 View Post
    I hate baltimore and all those thugs. People wanting Lewis to win. Give me a break

    The act is a joke
    .
    .
    .
    .

    "We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

    Sandy Alderson: 2011.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    2,074
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NY007 View Post
    Classic Chris Tucker
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

    Gimme MORE of that BAZE D'andummy!

    NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    2,074
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NY007 View Post
    Doug Martin to pro bowl replacing Frank Gore, yes I'm still ****ing pissed
    you'll never get over that will ya? just be patient and wait for Wilson...then again I wouldn't be surprised if next season you had a 2013 David Wilson & Doug Martin watch just to see which one is doing well
    Last edited by cowboyskilla; 01-23-2013 at 12:05 AM.
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

    Gimme MORE of that BAZE D'andummy!

    NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Newark
    Posts
    4,684
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    you'll never get over that will ya? just be patient and wait for Wilson...then again I wouldn't be surprised if next season you had a 2013 David Wilson & Doug Martin watch just to see which one is doing well :laguh2:
    No I won't lol, I liked Martin a lot and don't believe JR's bs that he had Wilson rated higher.. We got jumped by Tampa, their OC is Sullivan and definitely had the inside track on us..

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    201
    Posts
    3,150
    vCash
    1500
    Yeah I'm still pretty bitter about Martin as well. I went the whole offseason last year hoping he was our pickup

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Milford,CT ..never move here lol
    Posts
    5,777
    vCash
    1500
    Really?i think Martin is great but I thnk Wilson will be better for us ...

    I think Martin maybe would of replaced Bradshaw but I still don't think we would of played him this year heck I was shocked that Dw and RR got to really play late his season (2tds for RR in one game ) DW had to score and almost score vs the saints on KRs to get his shot ..and man he was a game changer for us he even had up the gut tds.

    The muscle hamster vs DW .. I still wish we drafted Lamaar miller later (4th?) and saved our first since we didn't let him play and maybe grabbed Janoris Jenkins (CB..wow woulda been nice to have another CB) or Kelechi Osemele Olineman(has played guard recently but was a tackle ) .. We could sure use those positions as well ...hindsights 20/20 I know but. We could just draft a RB this year who would have nearly the same impact as DW did (bc of coughlin)last year..

    Also mad about not trading osi , might as well of gotten something for him , could of moved down some picks last year once Martin was gone and still maybe got DW ...

    Last year was a weird draft for us I felt we were to cocky and reacted poorly to missing out on guys like Martin .

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Newark
    Posts
    4,684
    vCash
    1500
    Y
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker117 View Post
    Really?i think Martin is great but I thnk Wilson will be better for us ...

    I think Martin maybe would of replaced Bradshaw but I still don't think we would of played him this year heck I was shocked that Dw and RR got to really play late his season (2tds for RR in one game ) DW had to score and almost score vs the saints on KRs to get his shot ..and man he was a game changer for us he even had up the gut tds.

    The muscle hamster vs DW .. I still wish we drafted Lamaar miller later (4th?) and saved our first since we didn't let him play and maybe grabbed Janoris Jenkins (CB..wow woulda been nice to have another CB) or Kelechi Osemele Olineman(has played guard recently but was a tackle ) .. We could sure use those positions as well ...hindsights 20/20 I know but. We could just draft a RB this year who would have nearly the same impact as DW did (bc of coughlin)last year..

    Also mad about not trading osi , might as well of gotten something for him , could of moved down some picks last year once Martin was gone and still maybe got DW ...

    Last year was a weird draft for us I felt we were to cocky and reacted poorly to missing out on guys like Martin .
    Maybe he will be but let's be honest here, it certainly doesn't look like that will be the case. I hope for our sake Wilson is better but so far Martin is beyond better.

    No offense to you or anyone else for that matter but I don't want to hear the excuses, Martin looked terrific this season.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    2,074
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NY007 View Post
    Y

    Maybe he will be but let's be honest here, it certainly doesn't look like that will be the case. I hope for our sake Wilson is better but so far Martin is beyond better.

    No offense to you or anyone else for that matter but I don't want to hear the excuses, Martin looked terrific this season.
    Martin's best game was against the freaking Raiders and looked good with a pro bowl offensive linemen group ..Carl Nicks, Will Penn, are you kidding? DW would've light it up as well if he ran behind that group....they had GAP control, unlike our O-lineman as a whole...for DW to break off like that with what's being considered the worst O-line combo we had (with Snee the only pro-bowl run blocker) I'm just saying, give Flip some time, the guys can run as hard as Martin BUT is faster than him and kills it in KR, which Martin didn't do, so look on the positive bro...heck should I show a game comparison between Martin & Wilson versus the Eagles at home? I believe Wilson had a better day, but anyways, be patient bro
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

    Gimme MORE of that BAZE D'andummy!

    NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Milford,CT ..never move here lol
    Posts
    5,777
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    Martin's best game was against the freaking Raiders and looked good with a pro bowl offensive linemen group ..Carl Nicks, Will Penn, are you kidding? DW would've light it up as well if he ran behind that group....they had GAP control, unlike our O-lineman as a whole...for DW to break off like that with what's being considered the worst O-line combo we had (with Snee the only pro-bowl run blocker) I'm just saying, give Flip some time, the guys can run as hard as Martin BUT is faster than him and kills it in KR, which Martin didn't do, so look on the positive bro...heck should I show a game comparison between Martin & Wilson versus the Eagles at home? I believe Wilson had a better day, but anyways, be patient bro
    I think overall we should give DW a huge break , next season our oline will not touch the bucs they have nicks and davin Joseph both stud guards along with a solid tackle in penn , they'll be getting back Joseph who was out the entire year btw and others were injured (nicks got hurt?) .

    Also don't forget they have big pass blocking wrs. Like vjax and a power back to come in and beat up the opposing D in l blunt who was a break out undrafted RB last year.

    DW will never be as powerful as Martin as he's so explosive that's his power and could cause extremely fast wear and tear leading to some injuries.

    Hard to compare but I think they're both fine Martin and DW will be great for years but we can't fairly compare these guys in my opinion anyway.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    2,074
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker117 View Post
    I think overall we should give DW a huge break , next season our oline will not touch the bucs they have nicks and davin Joseph both stud guards along with a solid tackle in penn , they'll be getting back Joseph who was out the entire year btw and others were injured (nicks got hurt?) .

    Also don't forget they have big pass blocking wrs. Like vjax and a power back to come in and beat up the opposing D in l blunt who was a break out undrafted RB last year.

    DW will never be as powerful as Martin as he's so explosive that's his power and could cause extremely fast wear and tear leading to some injuries.

    Hard to compare but I think they're both fine Martin and DW will be great for years but we can't fairly compare these guys in my opinion anyway.
    DW is capable of being a power back, he has enough strength to break tackles and carry defenders, with the speed to blow through people like the wind....IMO, DW is the second best overall runningback from his draft class
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

    Gimme MORE of that BAZE D'andummy!

    NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Milford,CT ..never move here lol
    Posts
    5,777
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    DW is capable of being a power back, he has enough strength to break tackles and carry defenders, with the speed to blow through people like the wind....IMO, DW is the second best overall runningback from his draft class
    I like DW but what I mean is his power comes more from his explosive speed ..not him being all that strong (though he's underrated as ppl view him like sproles for some reason) he can handle secondary and some olbs but he's not power back and if asked to carry the ball a lot up the middle on power runs without a real power back with him he'll wear down like AB ..

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Newark
    Posts
    4,684
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    Martin's best game was against the freaking Raiders and looked good with a pro bowl offensive linemen group ..Carl Nicks, Will Penn, are you kidding? DW would've light it up as well if he ran behind that group....they had GAP control, unlike our O-lineman as a whole...for DW to break off like that with what's being considered the worst O-line combo we had (with Snee the only pro-bowl run blocker) I'm just saying, give Flip some time, the guys can run as hard as Martin BUT is faster than him and kills it in KR, which Martin didn't do, so look on the positive bro...heck should I show a game comparison between Martin & Wilson versus the Eagles at home? I believe Wilson had a better day, but anyways, be patient bro
    No offense man but that's all nothing but excuses to me and what ifs. Martin had a good year and looked very good even when he didn't put up big numbers. He's a very good all around back and is only a rook.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    2,074
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NY007 View Post
    No offense man but that's all nothing but excuses to me and what ifs. Martin had a good year and looked very good even when he didn't put up big numbers. He's a very good all around back and is only a rook.
    true that and none taken...I can't predict the future or anything, but I guess I should've been more clear with my point: It wasn't a mistake to DW, and we shouldn't regret it, and something tells me that you were feeling a bit stingy when you saw Eli throw a pass to Martin in the pro bowl haha
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

    Gimme MORE of that BAZE D'andummy!

    NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    2,074
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker117 View Post
    I like DW but what I mean is his power comes more from his explosive speed ..not him being all that strong (though he's underrated as ppl view him like sproles for some reason) he can handle secondary and some olbs but he's not power back and if asked to carry the ball a lot up the middle on power runs without a real power back with him he'll wear down like AB ..
    I see your point, it does seem tghat DW is a faster version of AB afterall, but I just have that much confidence in the kid you know, I just hope he has a better season than Martin so I won't have to be pissed about that classless draft jump by Tampa Bay in the 2012 NFL Draft
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

    Gimme MORE of that BAZE D'andummy!

    NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Milford,CT ..never move here lol
    Posts
    5,777
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    I see your point, it does seem tghat DW is a faster version of AB afterall, but I just have that much confidence in the kid you know, I just hope he has a better season than Martin so I won't have to be pissed about that classless draft jump by Tampa Bay in the 2012 NFL Draft
    Exactly there size just won't allow the beating to stay powerful ..like if a midget could punch like Tyson it'd break his hand (extreme exaggeration and sounds like a family guy thing lol ).

    I never wanted Martin I wanted Dw so I wasn't mad but I wanted Dw bc I thought him and miller were going late ...martins not going to line up to DW if everything stays the same..

    Martin here would mean we don't have this home run hitter (I had Martin on my fantasy team I know he gets those big tds ). But DWs dangerous and growing I think martins pretty much peaked and shown who he is ..better seasons for him in the future? Of course but Dw is more for us and I think JR lucked out big time that Dw turned out how he did.

    I feel like he took DW bc he needed a RB but wasn't sold on him and even with the war room he didn't see anyone on his value chart that beat DW ..but didn't really want him as he didn't trust him for injuries and fumbles ..but well never know that lol .

    Tampa jumped us but this year they can help us .. Don't draft a CB 1st , then all the solid CBS (banks ,trufant , amerson ect ect ect falls ) ..and we should try and get an extra 2nd some how we need so much and don't have the salary cap room.

    Oh if Sean smith stays in Florida ..goes to Miami they also resign jake long and 2 positions of need we have will fall .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •