Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    I don't think we have a qb coach.
    Actually have had multiple since Stafford arrived.

2009 - Jeff Horton
    2010-2012 - Todd Downing

That's a position that should definitely be changed. Footwork should be one of the easier things to improve on, especially when your footworks changes in one year.
    dont have a seizure cwick

vCash
    I saw on ESPN earlier that all the teams picking in the Top 10 in this year's draft(except us) has made some short of major change in their staff(mostly Coachs & GMs, and 1 OC)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    We are going to fire swartz and hire eric mangini hahaha

How long did it take you to convince yourself this post was going to be funny?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JWO35 View Post
    I saw on ESPN earlier that all the teams picking in the Top 10 in this year's draft(except us) has made some short of major change in their staff(mostly Coachs & GMs, and 1 OC)
    The Lions didnt fire anyone they just chose not to renew their contracts.
    They need to fire their special teams and D line coaches

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    No thanks to Andy Reid. He couldn't even make it to the Super Bowl and he had some pretty good teams. Just look what playing for Reid did to the careers of McNabb, Vick & Kolb. You want Stafford working under that guy?
    Exactly !!!!!!! And what about Lovie Smith ? and Romero ? Big names that won a few more games but in the end are no better off than we are.
    Swartz will take the heat for this past season but I think it isn't all his fault. Its easier to fire the head coach . Can't fire the whole team .We need a total upgrade of defense. When is the last time we were a top defensive team? We have enough offense. I hope we concentrate solely on defense at the draft and the off season. I believe given the tools Swartz will get the job done. How many coaches have we had over the years and the results are same. We need to stick with him and make adjustments.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    I would agree with you Scottie on focusing on the D...but our Oline sucks too much to do that.

vCash
    Didnt expect SJ to not be back.. Hopefully like bjr said our wr's remember what he taught them and they learn a few new tricks from whoever new is brought in..

Hopefully the new wr coach has some glue for the gloves

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    I think Scott should go. The play calls just make no sense to me. If i can sit in my chair from my house and guess what play we are going to call then its not a good thing. Also, week after week we seem to just not do what worked the week before. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Also, I know a lot of people are calling for Swartz head...and I agree in a lot of ways, but my only question is: Who do we hire after he is gone? And let's be realistic...
    bill cowher if he will come out of retirement

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    I would agree with you Scottie on focusing on the D...but our Oline sucks too much to do that.
    we need a running back, really really bad

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    Well heres one thing we need to work on. Small issue. CATCHING THE BALL
    and a DAMN RUNNING BACK

vCash
    I do believe that our major position to look at is db, we can get a good one in the draft but we need to sign a running back in free agency, a real good one so it will open our WR

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cwick925 View Post
    Didnt expect SJ to not be back.. Hopefully like bjr said our wr's remember what he taught them and they learn a few new tricks from whoever new is brought in..

Hopefully the new wr coach has some glue for the gloves
    Same here. SJ was hilarious in those top 10 Calvin plays of 2011 videos. To let the WR coach go after your WR broke Jerry Rice's record is ultra bizarro.

2013 & 2014 Lions Forum Draft Prediction Game Champion

vCash
    Same here. SJ was hilarious in those top 10 Calvin plays of 2011 videos. To let the WR coach go after your WR broke Jerry Rice's record is ultra bizarro.
    Yea i liked Jefferson ( as a person ) i honestly dunno if he is a good WR coach or not, So who knows if this is the right move

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gowman View Post
    How long did it take you to convince yourself this post was going to be funny?
    Depends on what Federal Reserve thinks.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    Not after a 2nd year, 2nd pick WR is basically chased off the sidelines due to the sorts of issues Titus had. THAT is something a coach is supposed to be able to handle, and eliminate. Calvin being a freak of nature in an offense that's all pass isn't a saving grace for a WR coach.

They should have cleared out a whole lot more desks. The response from ownership - and the rest of the front office - is a joke. This is what failing, horrible franchises do in response to absolute mediocrity. Which is what continues to perpetuate mediocrity. They don't hold a high standard of success, they don't install consequences for failing to do so - and any taste of success will only be an anomaly.

Scrap Detroit!!

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    First of all, players like Matthews and Ware actually ARE overrated...

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    No, the best comparison to Miggy is Albert Pujols. And I'll be honest, Cabrera doesn't really compare favorably to Pujols.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast