Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 71 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    ok, you're really arrogant

I've seen Carr played in the preseason as well as against the Panthers in the finale against the Eagles, and when he ahd the opportunity to put points, he failed to make plays, and I just wasn't so fond of his limited performance this year, idk, but it was when Reese signed Painter that I really started to scratch my head, hoping this is just a temporary move, cuz I'm sure there will be better back-up QBs on the market this year.....even though it's not gonna happen, I would go nuts to have Matt Moore as the back-up QB for the Giants, but to be honest, the Painter signing just puzzled me...
    Lets be real here, if Eli goes down we're pretty much ****ed.. We have so many other issues on this team that this is really the last thing we need to worry about..

vCash
    "I'm not wrong.... Everyone's just too dumb to understand what I'm trying to say"... And I'm arrogant? Dude everyone understands what youre saying, youre just living in a dream world thinking anything like that will hapen. Do you know how hard it is to find a competent PLAYER (let alone qb) that will be a difference maker in the 4th-7th rounds/RFA??? you think we're gonna find a qb like we found Victor Cruz... Like the Texans found Arian Foster. It doesn't work like that. We live in an era where a team without a qb is not a competitive team. Any qb that is even CLOSE to being a competent player in the NFL is drafted in the first two rounds. Hell, Mark Sanchez was drafted fifth overall... Your boy David Carr who you're so adamant about disliking was the FIRST pick.

As for him "mentoring a rookie" instead of just sticking with Carr, what do you think Eli has been doing with Carr for the four years he's been here? Sitting on the sideline and telling knock-knock jokes? Give Eli what he's comfortable with. He doesn't need an student QB... Not yet. And when he does, this qb is certainly not going to come in the 4th-7th round.

That being said, everyone acknowledges that when Eli goes down, well be a losing team until he comes back.

vCash
    If Eli goes down, the entire offense would need to be simplified. Carr won't be able to run the offense. Even thought he has the knowledge of the system, he doesn't have the timing since he doesn't play with the first unit. He has shown it when given the chance. However, he is still a better option than Painter. Unless money is a concern, I would rather see the G-men keep Carr and use the draft picks on other needs.

This offense is built around timing and knowing where your receivers will be at any given time. Heck, even Peyton and Brady would struggle until they get the timing right.

vCash
    We have a complicated pass system. Carr has been around long enough to understand it well and be a serviceable backup to Eli.

If Eli goes down, we're ****ed. Drafting a rookie QB doesn't change that. Signing any of the available veteran backups doesn't change that. Keeping Carr at least gives us a chance with a guy who REALLY knows the system. He's not great, but few backups are.

There are other areas of need that require quality picks to be used. If they can find some hidden gem of a QB late, I'm sure they'll jump, but for now it doesn't make sense to go with anyone but Carr (or if Rosenfels is hanging around somewhere).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eeek78 View Post
    If Eli goes down, the entire offense would need to be simplified. Carr won't be able to run the offense. Even thought he has the knowledge of the system, he doesn't have the timing since he doesn't play with the first unit. He has shown it when given the chance. .
    The team is sunk without Eli. As far as Carr, he picks up weights and holds a clip board. He looks as bad as an undrafted rookie everytime he gets in the game.
    Done - thank goodness

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY007 View Post
    Lets be real here, if Eli goes down we're pretty much ****ed.. We have so many other issues on this team that this is really the last thing we need to worry about..
    for some reason, I keep talking about this like an idiot.....you're right, there are other issues to worry about and to be honest, I really don't want to waste time talking about a back up QB problem...I'm done that's it
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

Gimme MORE of that BAZE D'andummy!

NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    you're another person that has misunderstood my intentions....i would rather have a rookie THAN Painter OR Carr to back-up Eli....I've never once mentioned about a rookie guiding the Giants to a super bowl run or anything, I just said i think it would be a better path for The Giants to take a rookie QB as a back-up then have the back-ups that we do have now....and one last time, don't be ignorant and continue to think I want to draft a QB in the 4th round....YES, I've mentioned before, but I wrote like this: "4th-7th round"....I meant between those rounds the Giants should observe and look for a QB, it doesn't necessarily mean we need to draft a QB in the 4th round....besides, there are other major problems the Giants have to solve using the draft, but all I'm saying is that Reese could find better QB back-ups than the ones we have right now, but it won't be until late March until I know if Reese is going to commit with Carr & Painter
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGTom View Post
    You don't trust Painter or Carr to backup Eli but you want to draft a "mediocre rookie" qb to be Eli's backup?
    "I'm not wrong.... Everyone's just too dumb to understand what I'm trying to say"... And I'm arrogant? Dude everyone understands what youre saying, youre just living in a dream world thinking anything like that will hapen. Do you know how hard it is to find a competent PLAYER (let alone qb) that will be a difference maker in the 4th-7th rounds/RFA??? you think we're gonna find a qb like we found Victor Cruz... Like the Texans found Arian Foster. It doesn't work like that. We live in an era where a team without a qb is not a competitive team. Any qb that is even CLOSE to being a competent player in the NFL is drafted in the first two rounds. Hell, Mark Sanchez was drafted fifth overall... Your boy David Carr who you're so adamant about disliking was the FIRST pick.

As for him "mentoring a rookie" instead of just sticking with Carr, what do you think Eli has been doing with Carr for the four years he's been here? Sitting on the sideline and telling knock-knock jokes? Give Eli what he's comfortable with. He doesn't need an student QB... Not yet. And when he does, this qb is certainly not going to come in the 4th-7th round.

That being said, everyone acknowledges that when Eli goes down, well be a losing team until he comes back.
    I apologize for calling you arrogant, I just meant to state an opinion and I initially felt insulted by your facepalm, but I don't want to waste time on what is truly a wasteful topic that's not worth arguing for...I'd appreciate it if you tell me who do you want the Giants to get with the 19th pick....
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

vCash
    ^Trade up for Te'O if he falls to around 12-15. Otherwise draft an OL

vCash
    ^Trade up for Te'O if he falls to around 12-15. Otherwise draft an OL
    that's a tough choice...regardless of one bad game, Te'o is a consistent beast, but Ogletree man...that guy with his speed....as great as Te'O is, I like the hustle this kid has, check this clip out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZy_y0on4u8 In case Te'O is taken before #19, thean I think the giants should either take Ogletree, Ziggy, or the run-stuffing DT Richardson, but I'm sure we can find a good OL in the later rounds

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    RB Andre Brown ERFA - Bring him back on the ERFA tender
    DL Justin Trattou ERFA - Bring him back on ERFA tender

TE Bear Pascoe RFA - Bring him back
    FS Stevie Brown RFA - Bring him back, possible long-term deal
    WR Victor Cruz RFA - Lock him up long-term

OT William Beatty UFA - Bring him back
    OT Sean Locklear UFA - Bring him back
    OG Kevin Boothe UFA - Bring him back
    LB Chase Blackburn UFA - Bring him back - as a backup (they won't)
    PK Lawrence Tynes UFA - Bring him back or draft a kicker (I actually wanted Greg the Leg, drafted him in some little mock thing on here)

SS Kenny Phillips UFA - Depends on price, should be back
    TE Martellus Bennett UFA - Depends on price, should be back
    WR Domenik Hixon UFA - Depends on price, should be back
    DL Shaun Rogers UFA - Depends on price
    DL Rocky Bernard UFA - Depends on price
    LB Keith Rivers UFA - Depends on price
    CB Brian Witherspoon UFA - Depends on price
    QB David Carr UFA - Depends on price

TE Travis Beckum UFA - Bye
    WR Ramses Barden UFA - Bye
    CB Justin Tryon UFA - Bye
    DL Osi Umenyiora UFA - Bye :cry:
    No arguments here ..gonna miss osi n just a note now Barden and sintim are busts ..

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    Its gonna be Fukking great to be watching an ALMOST REPEAT of last year championship games.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Missing56&33 View Post
    Its gonna be Fukking great to be watching an ALMOST REPEAT of last year championship games.
    ^this....

vCash
    Ralph Vacchiano‏@RVacchianoNYDN

This is the 7th time in NFL history that 3 of the 4 teams in the AFC and NFC championship games were in it the year before ...
    ... but it's only the 2nd time that the lone non-returning team was the defending champions. The first? Answer:

In 1988 (the 1987 season), the Denver Broncos and Cleveland Browns reprised their AFC championship game from the year before, while the Washington Redskins made a return trip to the NFC championship game.

The defending Super Bowl champion New York Giants did not make the playoffs that year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post

:cry:

vCash
    And the first team in years to win the SB and lose their home opener (which REALLY could have helped in the end) and miss the playoffs and and and.....god what a crappy year.

Page 10 of 71 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast