Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 71 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Really wonder what happens with Shaun Rogers. They loved him in camp and he looked like he was gonna get serious play time until the blood clot. Wonder if he stays and Bernard goes...
    I've been away for a while, LOLLLL I LOVE Hynoski in ur sig! That's so funny!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    I think to solve our cap space probelems and back-up Quarterback posisiton, I think the best way the giants can handle that is if they drafted one of the QBs from this year's mediocre class IN the late rounds, 4th-last pick IMO, I don't trust Painter nor Carr to back up Eli, and I would just rather let a rookie QB be mentored under Eli and be ready to play just in case our Ironman Qb actually goes down
    You don't trust Painter or Carr to backup Eli but you want to draft a "mediocre rookie" qb to be Eli's backup?

vCash
    Cant believe its the offseason. Really wish we were playing today or tomorrow. Doesn't seem right
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marketingjessie View Post
    Brown can be our starting back IF he is healty. Even healthy he can't punch it in like Jacobs could. And Jacobs is going to be super cheap on the market.

Osi will probably sign a cheap contract to retire with NYG. He was our most productive end so why would you think he needs to go? He needs to stay and retired with us IF price is right.

Carr doesn't cut it. Even if Eli likes him he just doesn't cut it for us. He needs to go for sure. We need youth to be behind Eli to learn and if not than we need a veteran who can step up when called on. He wouldn't be the one.
    At this point in their careers. Brown is much more a goal line threat then Jacobs.

Brown had 8 TD of two yards or less. Goal line..hi.

vCash
    If Eli goes down we are ****ed with the running game that we have. But if he does you don't want a 4th round pick trying to take over his position lol. Draft late round and get a veteran to back him up.

But our offense revolves around Eli so if he goes down lets look at having the 1st round pick in 2014!!
    you quoted the wrong statement my friend haha but reading over the statement you were intending to to quote, i made an error and i meant to say the Giants should draft a QB from the 4th round to the 7th round, somewhere there, and I'm sure Eli wouldn't have to worry about a rookie trying to outplay him, but there is a "T.J. Yates" available for us between the rounds I just mentioned above, then we should take the opportunity to snatch him up, and hope he doesn't turn out to be a Rhett Bomar kind of a guy, but I agree on getting another veteran of the market, in my mind, a perfect back-up worth the kind of money Carr has would be David Garrard, but I'm sure he wants to be a starter, so maybe Dennis Dixon from Pittsburgh maybe another good back-up to pick up, but I guess JR will know what to do.
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

Gimme MORE of that BAZE D'andummy!

NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGTom View Post
    You don't trust Painter or Carr to backup Eli but you want to draft a "mediocre rookie" qb to be Eli's backup?
    read my quote right: I said I'd rather have the Giants draft a qb in the late rounds and be mentored under Eli then TRUSTING Carr or Painter..... Painter is an overstatement to be called a mediocre QB, and Carr with his price tag isn't worth it, sot hese guys can be outclassed by a rookie QB, but besides it's not free agency yet, and I KNOW for a fact Reese can get a better FA QB to be our back-up then what he have right now, and back to my reasoning of drafting a QB: it's apparent that you don't watch the NFL draft......recently we just had a QB selected in the 4th round last year, and he turned out to be a rookie stud by the names of Russel Wilson, or we can talk about a 7th round pick rookie QB from the 2010 draft that handled heat well near the end of the 2011 season and playoffs last season, who goes by the name of T.J. Yates? um, those guys stepped up and proved doubters like you wrong about their "mediocrity", so it's not as big of a face palm as you think it is....and even if we don't draft a qb we can always sign an undrafted one, don't forget Tony Romo was an undrafted QB back in 2003, and is a better QB then the back-up QBs we have right now, but our back-up QB issue won't be solved until this season ends and we roll into the "Spring" cycle of the NFL season (Free Agency, NFL Draft)
    Last edited by cowboyskilla; 01-05-2013 at 05:06 PM.
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Cant believe its the offseason. Really wish we were playing today or tomorrow. Doesn't seem right
    I know how ya feel...I've been watching clips of the Giants 2011 magic run over and over and over again, and just wondering, where the hell did all that "Big Blue Magic" go this season? can't marinate too much on ya bro, too much stress and pain when you do look back...just gotta hope the 2013 turns out to be a BETTER one

vCash
    Ugh I hate this knowing the Giants can beat anyone in the playoffs.. Problem is they can lose to anyone in the league.. All depends on what team shows up..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krisxsong View Post
    I've been away for a while, LOLLLL I LOVE Hynoski in ur sig! That's so funny!
    Welcome back dude!

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    We SHOULD be playing this afternoon against the Seahawks. We SHOULD have kicked the damn FG in Philly. We SHOULD have converted one more damn red zone score in DC.

Coughlin must be ripping his hair out.

vCash
    Welcome back dude!

We SHOULD be playing this afternoon against the Seahawks. We SHOULD have kicked the damn FG in Philly. We SHOULD have converted one more damn red zone score in DC.

Your really not helping

Got damn I hate this team, they play with our emotions waaaaay toooo much..

vCash

If we had done both, we would have been 11-5 like GB and would have played Minnesota yesterday because we would have gotten the 3 seed over them with a head to head victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibby23 View Post
    The only way I will be proven wrong is if the giants win in SF and that isn't going to happen. You can keep saying they beat the Packers on the road and all that, but they are not playing the Packers this Sunday. The Niners will win by 10 plus points..... Numbers don't lie only you and some giants fan do to make yourself feel better about the loss your team has coming up.
    gooood caaaall

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    read my quote right: I said I'd rather have the Giants draft a qb in the late rounds and be mentored under Eli then TRUSTING Carr or Painter..... Painter is an overstatement to be called a mediocre QB, and Carr with his price tag isn't worth it, sot hese guys can be outclassed by a rookie QB, but besides it's not free agency yet, and I KNOW for a fact Reese can get a better FA QB to be our back-up then what he have right now, and back to my reasoning of drafting a QB: it's apparent that you don't watch the NFL draft......recently we just had a QB selected in the 4th round last year, and he turned out to be a rookie stud by the names of Russel Wilson, or we can talk about a 7th round pick rookie QB from the 2010 draft that handled heat well near the end of the 2011 season and playoffs last season, who goes by the name of T.J. Yates? um, those guys stepped up and proved doubters like you wrong about their "mediocrity", so it's not as big of a face palm as you think it is....and even if we don't draft a qb we can always sign an undrafted one, don't forget Tony Romo was an undrafted QB back in 2003, and is a better QB then the back-up QBs we have right now, but our back-up QB issue won't be solved until this season ends and we roll into the "Spring" cycle of the NFL season (Free Agency, NFL Draft)

You must be crazy.... Lmao. Yeah u just named a few people out of about 30 quarterbacks picks in the draft. Don't bank on getting a 4th round pick and them being the key to our team.

vCash
    Disclaimer: This is an offseason venting post, some of the things here may not make much sense and can be clouded by judgement.

The one thing that this offseason thread has not really covered are the possibilities that with Fewell staying (as of right now it doesn't look like he is getting any calls for HC positions), is how is that going to impact who the Giants go after in FA or try and resign. KP is a hell of a player, but his strenghts are not being used in this scheme. This is a guy that has the potential to play the role of a Polamalu or an Ed Reed (I said role, not play like them), but is sorta misused in this scheme. Is it worth paying top $ for a guy that has sorta topped out his potential in this scheme? Same thing goes with getting a top CB. What is the point of going after a top CB if the Giants are going to drop back and play zone most of the time? There were times that Prince was giving WRs a 10 yard cushion. Prince is a big boy, so make him press that WR at the line! A lot of the shortcomings of this team had to do with teams getting rid of the ball quickly or having plenty of time to throw. Even Revis would have struggled at times with this team.

Enough with the Read and React cr*p. This team is either too slow on defense or not smart enough to recognize things fast enough, because this scheme is not working out. How many times have we had some sort of miscommunication in the secondary? How many times did we get burned by trick plays? Sometimes I felt like the Giants were the only team in the NFL who still falls for the reverse play. It is frustrating.

Don't get me wrong, I love Osi. The guy has thrived with this team. He has played great and has been a huge part of the success, but is a huge liability in the run game. This team gets shredded whenever teams run his way. It is embarrassing. On defensive third and long situations one of two things happened this year: teams found the open wide reciever in the zone while the DL put zero pressure, or teams ran the ball Osi's way for a first. Say what you will about JPPs down year, but the guy had almost double the amount of tackles than Osi and Tuck.

Defensively, this team needs to stop the run. All three teams in the NFC East have good RBs, and we need to stop them. This team needs a run stuffing DT and run stuffing LBs. We already have a good pass coverage LB in J. Williams and Boley is not that bad. I go back to another post that I had, too many tackles by our secondary. Most of these tackles should be by our front 7.

Offensively the OL needs to be revamped. Injuries pretty much killed what this team had going for it. There were some unfortunate penalties, but those happen. Plus, good OTs are hard to find. Reese did a great job in finding a guy like Locklear. Here is a guy who hardly anyone in this forum believed in, however, he did a very good job when given the chance. The TE position is interesting. We all know what we get out of the Bear, but we never know what we are getting out of the Black Unicorn. This one is tough as it seems that there are some decent TEs available in FA this year.

Just because I say these things doesn't mean I have an answer to solve these issues. That is why Reese gets paid the big bucks. In Reese I trust.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eeek78 View Post
    Disclaimer: This is an offseason venting post, some of the things here may not make much sense and can be clouded by judgement.

The one thing that this offseason thread has not really covered are the possibilities that with Fewell staying (as of right now it doesn't look like he is getting any calls for HC positions), is how is that going to impact who the Giants go after in FA or try and resign. KP is a hell of a player, but his strenghts are not being used in this scheme. This is a guy that has the potential to play the role of a Polamalu or an Ed Reed (I said role, not play like them), but is sorta misused in this scheme. Is it worth paying top $ for a guy that has sorta topped out his potential in this scheme? Same thing goes with getting a top CB. What is the point of going after a top CB if the Giants are going to drop back and play zone most of the time? There were times that Prince was giving WRs a 10 yard cushion. Prince is a big boy, so make him press that WR at the line! A lot of the shortcomings of this team had to do with teams getting rid of the ball quickly or having plenty of time to throw. Even Revis would have struggled at times with this team.

Enough with the Read and React cr*p. This team is either too slow on defense or not smart enough to recognize things fast enough, because this scheme is not working out. How many times have we had some sort of miscommunication in the secondary? How many times did we get burned by trick plays? Sometimes I felt like the Giants were the only team in the NFL who still falls for the reverse play. It is frustrating.

Don't get me wrong, I love Osi. The guy has thrived with this team. He has played great and has been a huge part of the success, but is a huge liability in the run game. This team gets shredded whenever teams run his way. It is embarrassing. On defensive third and long situations one of two things happened this year: teams found the open wide reciever in the zone while the DL put zero pressure, or teams ran the ball Osi's way for a first. Say what you will about JPPs down year, but the guy had almost double the amount of tackles than Osi and Tuck.

Defensively, this team needs to stop the run. All three teams in the NFC East have good RBs, and we need to stop them. This team needs a run stuffing DT and run stuffing LBs. We already have a good pass coverage LB in J. Williams and Boley is not that bad. I go back to another post that I had, too many tackles by our secondary. Most of these tackles should be by our front 7.

Offensively the OL needs to be revamped. Injuries pretty much killed what this team had going for it. There were some unfortunate penalties, but those happen. Plus, good OTs are hard to find. Reese did a great job in finding a guy like Locklear. Here is a guy who hardly anyone in this forum believed in, however, he did a very good job when given the chance. The TE position is interesting. We all know what we get out of the Bear, but we never know what we are getting out of the Black Unicorn. This one is tough as it seems that there are some decent TEs available in FA this year.

Just because I say these things doesn't mean I have an answer to solve these issues. That is why Reese gets paid the big bucks. In Reese I trust.
    Very well said and I like the way you finish it, cause quite frankly none of us have a answer.. No one in here has access to the info that JR and the front office has.. We as fans forget that and I myself will admit to that.

vCash
    You must be crazy.... Lmao. Yeah u just named a few people out of about 30 quarterbacks picks in the draft. Don't bank on getting a 4th round pick and them being the key to our team.
    you're another person that has misunderstood my intentions....i would rather have a rookie THAN Painter OR Carr to back-up Eli....I've never once mentioned about a rookie guiding the Giants to a super bowl run or anything, I just said i think it would be a better path for The Giants to take a rookie QB as a back-up then have the back-ups that we do have now....and one last time, don't be ignorant and continue to think I want to draft a QB in the 4th round....YES, I've mentioned before, but I wrote like this: "4th-7th round"....I meant between those rounds the Giants should observe and look for a QB, it doesn't necessarily mean we need to draft a QB in the 4th round....besides, there are other major problems the Giants have to solve using the draft, but all I'm saying is that Reese could find better QB back-ups than the ones we have right now, but it won't be until late March until I know if Reese is going to commit with Carr & Painter
    Last edited by cowboyskilla; 01-08-2013 at 11:04 PM.

Page 8 of 71 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast