Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knuckles View Post
    I thought Sam played really well today...
    He had a 74 rating with that drive. Have to see some vast improvement next year

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL#22 View Post
    He had a 74 rating with that drive. Have to see some vast improvement next year
    my opinion is that bradford has improved he has set career highs in tds and i believe completion percentage and maybe more. but we wont be able to see his true potential if we have a line full of back ups some times and one of are best wr just keeps getting hurt we need playmakers to see what he really can do

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chop View Post
    my opinion is that bradford has improved he has set career highs in tds and i believe completion percentage and maybe more. but we wont be able to see his true potential if we have a line full of back ups some times and one of are best wr just keeps getting hurt we need playmakers to see what he really can do
    He was less than half a percentage point shy of his 2010 completion percentage. But he did set a new career high in yards (both passing and rushing), TDs, longest pass, YPA, passer rating, and QBR. And fewer interceptions than his rookie year (though obviously he had less last year, due to the fact that he only played 10 games).

Not bad for a guy who's had to deal with a revolving door of offensive linemen and wide receivers, and who had to learn an entirely new offense for the third straight year...

This isn't Madden. You don't have to put up 5000 yards and 40 TDs to be a a quality starting quarterback.
    Last edited by bda28; 12-30-2012 at 11:54 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bda28 View Post
    He was less than half a percentage point shy of his 2010 completion percentage. But he did set a new career high in yards (both passing and rushing), TDs, longest pass, YPA, passer rating, and QBR. And fewer interceptions than his rookie year (though obviously he had less last year, due to the fact that he only played 10 games).

Not bad for a guy who's had to deal with a revolving door of offensive linemen and wide receivers, and who had to learn an entirely new offense for the third straight year...

This isn't Madden. You don't have to put up 5000 yards and 50 TDs to be a a quality starting quarterback.
    fixed it for you

Michael Wacha

5-5, 2.79 Era, 83 So, 1.12 Whip

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chop View Post
    Oh I agree he was better this year but I'd like to see even a bigger jump next year. Is he going to be a 80 - 85 qb rating guy or can he get closer to 90?

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    I think for the most part our O-line as it was originally assembled is ok. The problem this year was the injuries. Rob Turner is a keeper as a backup C/G. We need to upgrade at RT and a starting LG and were in business. Or we upgrade at LT and move Safgold to RT. that could get expensive though. Saffold played well when healthy 2.5 sacks in 10 games at LT against some really good pass rushers.

vCash
    Oh I agree he was better this year but I'd like to see even a bigger jump next year. Is he going to be a 80 - 85 qb rating guy or can he get closer to 90?
    I think Sam has proven to be a pretty clutch QB. Would you rather have someone like Romo with all of the sexy numbers. He has all of the tools Sam doesn't have!

vCash
    I think for the most part our O-line as it was originally assembled is ok. The problem this year was the injuries. Rob Turner is a keeper as a backup C/G. We need to upgrade at RT and a starting LG and were in business. Or we upgrade at LT and move Safgold to RT. that could get expensive though. Saffold played well when healthy 2.5 sacks in 10 games at LT against some really good pass rushers.
    I think if we end up signing Jake Long (reaching) and we draft Warmack with our first of 2 picks in the first round, then we're set for a while.

Long - LT
    Warmack - LG
    Wells - C
    Saffold - RT
    Dahl - RG

With Turner and Watkins as quality backups. We would probably need a good backup RT too since Saffold has a bad injury history.
    http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/gRAnxGFouW5bgj4RR576xA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9aW5zZXQ7aD0zNDQ7cT04NTt3PTUxMg--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/Reuters/2013-04-26T015157Z_1049109136_GM1E94Q0RAB01_RTRMADP_3_NFL-DRAFT.JPG

"You have decisions to make and don't be scared to get what you want."

Les Snead

vCash
    I wouldn't mind re-signing Williams either. Can play both guard and tackle, so would make a nice backup option, if he's willing to sign for cheap. And he filled in pretty well for Dahl the last couple of weeks (even if he was just splitting time with Smith during that).

vCash
    Forgot about Watkins....he never played! He's their project. But ya Turner played well he's a keeper!

vCash
    Ya Williams played well too at Guard. He'd be a good backup.

vCash
    I think Sam has proven to be a pretty clutch QB. Would you rather have someone like Romo with all of the sexy numbers. He has all of the tools Sam doesn't have!
    Well that's what was being said about Sanchez his first couple years and Sanchez even had a couple of playoff wins (not Bradford's fault but still). It's hard to consider one "clutch" without seeing them in the playoffs.

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bda28 View Post
    I wouldn't mind re-signing Williams either. Can play both guard and tackle, so would make a nice backup option, if he's willing to sign for cheap. And he filled in pretty well for Dahl the last couple of weeks (even if he was just splitting time with Smith during that).
    yeah, that would be a good idea too. that would mean:

starters: saffold, dahl, wells, warmack (?), long(pretty please)

bench: williams, smith, turner, watkins, and hopefully not richardson but a decent RT.

I'd be ecstatic with that.

It would free up Kendricks. Him, with Amendola and Givens and hopefully Quick develops well next year, we would have an average receiving corps finally.

Sam would have no excuses then. I would expect tier 2 QB status at that point. Schotty's offense my hold him back a little, but I personally like the grind-it-out stuff. I'm not a fan of Saints/Packers/Patriots type offenses where time of possession is 30 seconds with all deep passes that are hit or miss.

Forgot about Watkins....he never played! He's their project. But ya Turner played well he's a keeper!
    Yeah, he got an IR really early. If he can stay in shape, I think he'll do well.. He did alright in the preseason and first couple of games.
    http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/gRAnxGFouW5bgj4RR576xA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9aW5zZXQ7aD0zNDQ7cT04NTt3PTUxMg--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/Reuters/2013-04-26T015157Z_1049109136_GM1E94Q0RAB01_RTRMADP_3_NFL-DRAFT.JPG

"You have decisions to make and don't be scared to get what you want."

Les Snead

vCash
    Well that's what was being said about Sanchez his first couple years and Sanchez even had a couple of playoff wins (not Bradford's fault but still). It's hard to consider one "clutch" without seeing them in the playoffs.
    Anyone who ever compared Sam to Sanchez is an idiot! It's not entirely SAMs fault he hasn't played on a playoff team. Would say its Jaxs fault he hasn't played in a playoff game? He's been around longer! I would say Jax is pretty clutch. Also look at SAMs numbers in the 4th quarter and in game tying/winning drives!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789