Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    I'll answer this

No
    Howards already IS a solid player in my opinion. Massive upgrade to the previous guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange famous View Post
    The WHOLE line is the last of our problems.

Today, how many times was Sanchez pressured or got at by an elite pass rushing unit? How many times did they create holes for runners to get into?

We maybe are not elite in this position as were were in 2009 and 2010, but its still the only solid part of the offence really.
    Howard is a bulldozer but the guy can't pass protect. We need 2 0-linemen at least. And while Moore has shown some improvement there is no way I am not drafting someone that I think is capable of beating him out and asking him to fight for his spot at the very least. Even if he wins it we need to replace him soon enough. And if Moore can give us one more season at least whoever that pick is could probably also force Slauson to fight for his spot.

The line is a big part of the problem, we just happen to have other ones that need addressing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange famous View Post
    Howards already IS a solid player in my opinion. Massive upgrade to the previous guy.
    Here's the thing:

Austin Howard has shown that he's an upgrade to Wayne Hunter.
    BUT just like Hunter, Howard suffers against speed rushers.

HOWEVER, Austin Howard has just had his 1st year starting, and if he focuses strictly on his footwork during the offseason, he'll get better at it.

But is it too little to late, and will the Jets look to replace him.

ALSO, Jason Smith has looked good when called upon to play in limited spot duty, but he flopped in St. Louis. Has Rex seen the best of him, or can he get Smith to elevate his game to another level.

vCash
    idk about all year but Moore was definitely responsible for the blocked kick and the tipped kick that went through anyway.
    "Andy Dalton is an average QB. Look at the Bengals offense, it's like Noah's ark. Two of everything."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12