Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Drug use

Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by americaspasttim View Post
    I completely agree with spending more on treatment, and IMO that should be the avenue for simple possession as opposed to incarceration...
    Unless you get the money from somewhere that is never going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by americaspasttim View Post
    I completely agree with spending more on treatment, and IMO that should be the avenue for simple possession as opposed to incarceration...
    Pot smokers do NOT need treatment. They are not addicts. Millions upon millions of regular pot smokers are 'normal', functioning members of society who pose no threat to anyone.

Just for ***** and grins, I'd like to see a study of gun ownership among regular pot smokers. I'd be willing to bet that very few own guns. The bottom line is that being stoned is an intrinsically non-violent state. I accept absolutely however, that addiction to certain hard drugs can lead to paranoid and schizoid behavior, and to violence. But not pot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    Pot smokers do NOT need treatment. They are not addicts. Millions upon millions of regular pot smokers are 'normal', functioning members of society who pose no threat to anyone.

Just for ***** and grins, I'd like to see a study of gun ownership among regular pot smokers. I'd be willing to bet that very few own guns. The bottom line is that being stoned is an intrinsically non-violent state. I accept absolutely however, that addiction to certain hard drugs can lead to paranoid and schizoid behavior, and to violence. But not pot.
    If you would go back to my first post you would see what my thoughts on weed are...

vCash

False.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/07/opinio...html?hpt=hp_c1

Backed up with plenty of studies and links.

Quote:
    There are many excellent reasons to avoid marijuana. Marijuana use damages brain development in young people. Heavy users become socially isolated and perform worse in school and at work. Marijuana smoke harms the lungs. A growing body of evidence suggests that marijuana can trigger psychotic symptoms that otherwise would have remained latent.

It's possible to imagine a marijuana rule that tries to respond precisely to such risk factors as happen to be known by the current state of science. Such a rule might say: "You shouldn't use marijuana until you are over 25, or after your brain has ceased to develop, whichever comes first. You shouldn't use marijuana if you are predisposed to certain mental illnesses (most of which we can't yet diagnose in advance). Be aware that about one-sixth of users will become chronically dependent on marijuana, and as a result will suffer a serious degradation of life outcomes. As yet, we have no sure idea at what dosage marijuana will impair your ability to drive safely, or how long the impairment will last. Be as careful as you can, within the limits of our present knowledge!"

Pot heads are addicts. This is coming from someone that is for legalization.
    Last edited by Longhornfan1234; 01-07-2013 at 02:57 PM.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by justinnum1
    Wade will be a lot better next season now that he got knee surgery. Hate on. - 7/31/2012

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan1234 View Post
    Pot heads are addicts. This is coming from someone that is for legalization.
    I disagree. Neither of us can 'win' such an argument, so I'm not even going to start. All I'll say is, there are literally tens of millions of pot smokers in the major western countries. Is there any evidence that civilization as we know it is collapsing because of pot smoking? I think not.

vCash

Drug use

I know people who smoke pot daily and I don't call them addicts. But I'm not a doctor but that's my personal opinion.

Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

vCash
    I disagree. Neither of us can 'win' such an argument, so I'm not even going to start. All I'll say is, there are literally tens of millions of pot smokers in the major western countries. Is there any evidence that civilization as we know it is collapsing because of pot smoking? I think not.
    To be fair, you're setting the bar kind of high with "civilization collapsing".

vCash
    I've a supply and demand question:

If the purchase and sale of a currently illegal drug, such as weed, were decriminalized, we would expect...

A. an increase in demand and supply of this drug.

B. an increase in demand and a decrease in supply of this drug.

C. a decrease in demand and an increase in supply of this drug.

D. a decrease in demand and supply of this drug.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by justinnum1
    Wade will be a lot better next season now that he got knee surgery. Hate on. - 7/31/2012

vCash

If the purchase and sale of a currently illegal drug, such as weed, were decriminalized, we would expect...

or.....E. does not effect demand but supply would be greater.

or.....F does not effect demand but supply would be less.

I honestly don't know the answer to the question. I am guessing it might cause a slight uptick in demand, but not much. So my answer would be E. because it is closer to what I think will happen.
    Here is the question of the day, does anyone think that wealthy people should pay a lower percentage of their income to taxes than middle class people? Don't argue tax brackets, just a simple question. Do you think someone earning 46 million dollars should pay a lower percentage of their income than say someone earning sixty thousand?

vCash
    Do I think people should be able to smoke pot in the privacy in their own homes?

Yes

Do I think people should have the right to smoke and drive a vehicle or operate heavy machinery or go to work? No.

I smoke weed and drive every day of my life, I know it isn't the best thing but seriously, I drive fine when I'm high. And when i say every day I mean literally every day. Do I think everyone has the ability to drive high on marijuana, no.

Heroine and cocaine, well I guess cocaine could work decriminalized, seeing as most coke heads are people you wouldn't suspect of being coke heads (Lawyers, coorperate high ups, Doctors, etc.) Then there's the coke party drug users, which for the most part is used to sober up off of alcohol and keep you awake to party. Heroine could be extremely terrible to decriminalize (same with cocaine) because they are both highly addictive.
    Pain killers and anti-anxiety pills, while fun, should always come with the prescription.... But these drugs go into too many hands that don't need them and then they end up in my or someone elses stomach, luckily I've never had a problem with being addicted to pk's because I watched two of my brothers take that road and I would never do that to myself.
    Schrooms and Acid, also while extremely fun really have no place being legal. But boy are they fun. I think every human should trip at least once in their life. BUT I seriously think everybody should trip once a year.
    Adopt a Packers
    SAM "Less than Tim Jennings the Nickel Corner" SHIELDS
    and Davante "I'm good at catching" Adams

Davante Adams

vCash

You would expect A. But there are other factors that I think have resulted in the Portugal case study in which case it was legalized (I think it was full legalization). The largest one that I think factored in was that you don't have as many people peddling it because there isn't the massive profit margin from the illegality.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    You would expect A. But there are other factors that I think have resulted in the Portugal case study in which case it was legalized (I think it was full legalization). The largest one that I think factored in was that you don't have as many people peddling it because there isn't the massive profit margin from the illegality.
    From the Portugal case and other places it's been done we know that what happens is this. There is an initial bump in people trying the drug then this prevalence drops to down as people realize they don't actually like it. And you end up with slightly more people using it then you had before... This is true for any drug.

It should all be legal. Including Shrooms, acid, Heroin, Cocaine, steroids, modafinil and other cognitive enhancers. You should have to see a doctor in order to take them (so that you can get accurate information about the risks and how to use them safely). Which is another reason why we need more doctors and better access to health care in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    From the Portugal case and other places it's been done we know that what happens is this. There is an initial bump in people trying the drug then this prevalence drops to down as people realize they don't actually like it. And you end up with slightly more people using it then you had before... This is true for any drug.

It should all be legal. Including Shrooms, acid, Heroin, Cocaine, steroids, modafinil and other cognitive enhancers. You should have to see a doctor in order to take them (so that you can get accurate information about the risks and how to use them safely). Which is another reason why we need more doctors and better access to health care in this country.
    You are on the right track. We need to get drug use out in the open.
    1. Getting it out of the justice system and the criminal hands
    2. Treat the abusers as a social sickness like any other abuse problems

I agree with dbroncos 78087's finding about legalization in other countries. The main foes of legalization often lie about these countries results. I have heard stuff like the netherlands have a major drug abuse problem with addicts pass out in the streets. I have been there a couple of times, and the major buyers are those from countries suffering from prohibition. The streets are often filled with parents strolling the streets with their kids. The police are few and generally just watching over the public.

A far cry from the streets of chicago where gangs are fighting over drug truf, to the point that chicago set a record for killing this year. So anybody who has fears of ending the drug prohibition should look at the crime rate here and compare them to european countries that ended their prohibition.

You would think it's a no-brainer, but to many fears cloud this issue. To many people believe in fiction than facts. For some odd reason they think this, like gay marriage, will tear down the walls of civilization.
    Last edited by WES445; 01-08-2013 at 12:06 AM.

vCash
    many criminal addicts, turn to theft, becaue they have been criminalized by their usage and cant get work becasue they are now felons, or get fired for having traceable amounts in their system on a drug screen.
    STORK WAS RIGHT!
    Mcfadden is useless

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    many criminal addicts, turn to theft, becaue they have been criminalized by their usage and cant get work becasue they are now felons, or get fired for having traceable amounts in their system on a drug screen.
    Every year thousands are murdered and thousands of crimes commited due to illegal substances and their distribution. Decriminalization and regulation are 100% the way to fight the "war on drugs".

If marijuana is legal and the hard drugs illegal people will notice a drop off in:
    A. the "gateway drug" effect, which I think is ******** anyway because alcohol and work are the two things that "gateway" to cocaine usage. As someone who has done his fair share of both I've never smoked a blunt and thought, "Wow I really wanna bust a rail right now."
    B. Crime
    C. LESS ALCOHOL RELATED DUIs this is something people don't talk about but I have talked to plenty of people that don't smoke weed due to the illegality of it and (in my opinion) they drink too much. But they admit if marijuana was legal they would drink less and smoke (again in the privacy of their home). Just a thought prolly not viable enough I guess cuz people will be high driving.
    D. Work Ethic

Not to mention an increase in $$$$$
    Adopt a Packers
    SAM "Less than Tim Jennings the Nickel Corner" SHIELDS
    and Davante "I'm good at catching" Adams

Davante Adams

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast