Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Broncos RB situation?

I wanted to know your take on the Broncos RB situation? And what do you think it will look like in 2013? Willis is a beast, but obviously getting old and has trouble staying healthy....do you think he will return as the starter next year? Moreno has been a very surprising replacement over the last few weeks. I picked him up on the waivers in fantasy and he is tearing it up (I started him over Ray Rice two weeks ago!!!), I was NOT a fan of his and would have been fine if Denver would have cut him! Now he is the glue keeping a very productive running game going. And hillman has been a bit if a disappointment IMO. The biggest thing I have noticed is he can't pick up the blitz . And protecting Peyton is #1! So we only put him in on obvious run/screen plays. I graduated from lsu, so i love hester.... but he isnt an everydown back. I know Fox likes to use several but do you think we need to pickup a vet RB in FA, get a power back in the draft? From a fantasy perspective , who is the most valuable next year? Just curious to hear your thoughts.

vCash
    I think Willis, Knowshon, Ronnie and Jacob will be our RB's next year.

Ball will be surplus to requirements as Hester has replaced him as the best blocking RB on the team.
    We shouldn't be surprised that Hillman can't pick up the blitz. First off, he's tiny and lacks strength. And that isn't what he was brought in to do. We all know where his strengths lie. I just wish we'd use the screen game a but more with him.

I'd love to take a flier on Marcus Lattimore come draft day. Obviously in the later rounds if he can recover from his injury. The kid can so much talent.
    Foxy's obsession with RB's makes me think it could happen.

vCash
    wildcard.
    mario fannin
    if the coaching staff has stuck with this guy for this long there must be something there. im not sleeping on him

vCash
    I think maybe searching the market could be a decent idea. Reggie Bush is probably the best RB available. I know he's looking for a pay rise for putting two good seasons together. So yeah, that's a bit of a downside to express interest in him, but can you imagine the kinds of things Bush could do in a PFM offense? Our zone blocking scheme would make Bush dynamic between then tackles, and with his talents in the receiving game, he could have a monster season.

I know he isn't the only guy available, but he is certainly the best RB on the market and could seriously enhance our offense with his speed in the backfield and talent as a receiver.

vCash
    i like montee ball, L. Bell in the draft, but Mcgahee will get first crack, Moreno earned more carries behind him.

ROCK NATION!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    wildcard.
    mario fannin
    if the coaching staff has stuck with this guy for this long there must be something there. im not sleeping on him
    he so injury prone, they could release him.

Wildcard: Ronnie Hillman

ROCK NATION!

vCash
    We have a nice 1-2 punch in McGahee and Moreno and with a full off-season for Hillman to bulk up (10-15 pounds will make him a completely different runner) we should be set.

It's up to the coaching staff to utilize them properly.

vCash

Broncos RB situation?

Hillman ain't no wildcard though lol all bronco fans know about him! Just was saying fannin could be in the mix. I wouldn't bet on it but he has talent and the staff likes him. He's just gotta stay healthy

vCash
    It'll be an excellent pos battle, Willis & Moreno for starter and Hillman, Fannin, Hester & Ball. I think Willis will beat out Moreno, but have really respected what Moreno has bought in late this season.

vCash
    I'd still like to grab Marcus Lattimore in like the fourth

vCash

Broncos RB situation?

I think Moreno has beat out Willis. He's a great blocker, has been running well in out zbs, a very reliable receiving option, and hasn't been fumbling. The last two on that list he is head and shoulders above McGahee and is very helpful to manning

vCash
    Moreno is about head to head with mcgahee simply because he hasn't fumbled. Mcgahee still has superior vision. I really hope the coaching staff uses both properly.

vCash
    I think Moreno is the way to go for the future

vCash
    i like the way the coaching staff has used Hester since he arrived. I hope we keep him next season and continue to mix him in during short yardage situations.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Simon View Post
    i like the way the coaching staff has used Hester since he arrived. I hope we keep him next season and continue to mix him in during short yardage situations.
    he signed a two year deal so he will be back next year as long as we want him haha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast