Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    Brady has done very well, he took the job from a great QB from my alma matter, who was a former #1 draft pick, all the more reason not to take a QB with a high pick.
    1 and 2 did fine this season, Wilson has done well not sure where he was picked.

Nassib is a very tough kid who isn`t Jamarcus Russell, he would be available 16 games and runs a pro no huddle offense.

Do we draft a middle linebacker or a defensive linemen who is lost for the season after game 6?

Taking a flier on Nassib isn`t gonna stop the world from turning, it`s more possible than ever before he could be a Raider qb for 14 - 15 years.

Reggie got played in a New York Minute

vCash
    Very few drafted classes are blessed with the likes of Luck, Griffin and Wilson, the last draft class I remember that strong was the class of 1983. I agree, if you can draft an Elway, you do it. It matters not Firm, I am going to pass on this forum anyhow, you may be right about Carson, I am just not ready to give up on him yet, enjoy the offseason!

vCash
    If Allen is back, I'm already looking forward to another top 5 pick in the 2014 draft.

From what we have seen from Allen I do not see us ever getting more than 5 wins in a season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kringle9 View Post
    If Allen is back, I'm already looking forward to another top 5 pick in the 2014 draft.

From what we have seen from Allen I do not see us ever getting more than 5 wins in a season.
    The make up of the roster will be very different, if Allen has the same result, can him then. He deserves a shot, and a shot from this point on will be defined as a period of employment longer than one year.

We've had a string of one and done coaches with a very similar roster. It's time to find out if it really is the coaches fault.....
    " I have only three rules, be on time, pay attention, and play like hell on Sunday"

-John Madden

vCash
    It's ironic that the two guys commenting about DA's job security are two of the many that shouldn't be employed in Oakland next year!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post
    The make up of the roster will be very different, if Allen has the same result, can him then. He deserves a shot, and a shot from this point on will be defined as a period of employment longer than one year.

We've had a string of one and done coaches with a very similar roster. It's time to find out if it really is the coaches fault.....
    The roster will be different. But I do no think we have a 4 win team. I blame the coach for the drop offs of certain players. DMC went from 5.4 ypc to 3.3. Kelly went from 7.5 sacks to 1.5. I do not blame the players. I blame the coach and his bad game plans.
    He was the DC for the 24th ranked defense... Nothing about this guys says he is a winner. Plus, all stats aside, this was the most brutal season I've ever seen.

vCash
    I'm glad Allen is staying. Some show of stability is what we need. There's a lot to fix in oakland but Allen isn't it. JMO.
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash
    Positives on DA: Raiders onl;y have 99 penalties this year. They had 163 last year alone. That bodes well going into the future.

He'll have more toys via draft and FA to plug in as opposed to this year, and he's got year's experience as HC now.

I really like what he and Tarver can do for this defense going forward. A competent OC will change everything. We have a pretty good QB. He can be a pretty good mentor, too. Whether that's for Pryor or a guy drafted in 2014 I dunno. But I don't think anyone they'd try to replace him with would play better.

vCash
    the fact that they had 99 penalties for 865 yards (23rd in NFL) is the only positive thing DA has done... than that speaks volumes for how bad he is.

vCash
    lol yeah let's just change head coaches again

vCash
    better than another 4 win season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chucklemethis View Post
    Positives on DA: Raiders onl;y have 99 penalties this year. They had 163 last year alone. That bodes well going into the future.
    That's just penalties on the offense. 192 total penalties this season with 283 last season. MAJOR improvement in that regard. I like that we're keeping DA for this reason. We need to go back to PBS, draft Star, and switch to a 3-4, once we do this we should be good to go for next season. We may need some more LB depth and better CBs, but it's a start.

"I know one thing for sure; you won't be able to say that Braves fans don't care" Chipper Jones

vCash
    Im glad hell be back...but...hes got to make a smart and exciting pick at offensive coordinator...cuz the Knapp decision hurt his credibility

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Will4Prez View Post
    That's just penalties on the offense. 192 total penalties this season with 283 last season. MAJOR improvement in that regard. I like that we're keeping DA for this reason. We need to go back to PBS, draft Star, and switch to a 3-4, once we do this we should be good to go for next season. We may need some more LB depth and better CBs, but it's a start.
    No... the 163 is total penalties.

Oakland was penalized 109 times for 974 yards. Overall, the Raiders improved by 54 penalties and 382 yards in 2012.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12