Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    I played the most recent Silent Hill and it was mediocre at best. Horrible frame rate issues and dull creature design. Some of the otherworld sections had nifty graphics but thats about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticus Finch View Post
    Once you get into the city in Dead Island it starts to get way creepier. You hear all sorts of background shouts and grunts but you can never really be sure if its just there to throw you off or if there is actually someone coming up behind you.

When I played RE1 back in middle school I definitely had a heart attack when the dogs jumped through the windows. The boss fight in that game gave me anxiety too, until I figured out how easy he was. RE2 was pretty terrifying at times too, the whole police station with that music in the background

Silent Hill 1 was creepy, especially when you're stuck in the high school with only a flashlight and a pipe. Never played and Silent Hill games after that one though.

Doom 3 had it's moments as long as you didnt turn the brightness up. Never thought Dead Space was that creepy though, but I also didn't finish the game. Got bored halfway through and put it down
    lol me too.... I remember my controller flying through the air. I miss the old style REs so much, why oh why did they have to attach themselves to the action/shooter craze...they lost their identity but im sure they felt that was their best chance at $ so its hard to blame them. I blame the gamers instead! Damn you people!!!

I think i remember the game Haunting Ground for PS2 being pretty scary, and least i know i really liked it, ... i like stuff where you basically have no weapons and have to either run from things or hide.

It obviously wasnt a scary game, but the mirelurks creeping out of the water in Fallout 3 used to freak me out. Like i didnt even want to fight them, i would high tail it outta there! The giant spiders scared me too, but thats cause im afraid of real spiders.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Gordon View Post

It obviously wasnt a scary game, but the mirelurks creeping out of the water in Fallout 3 used to freak me out. Like i didnt even want to fight them, i would high tail it outta there! The giant spiders scared me too, but thats cause im afraid of real spiders.
    There weren't spiders in Fallout 3, are you thinking the scorpions or ants?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by H-MYK View Post
    There weren't spiders in Fallout 3, are you thinking the scorpions or ants?
    Hmmm....i may be thinking of a different game that had huge spiders. But i was kind of afraid of the scorpions too now that you mention it!

Edit: Wait, looking at images now I think it was the giant ants lol.
    Last edited by Jack_Gordon; 01-05-2013 at 08:28 PM.

vCash
    Empire: Total War. The amount of glitches in that game are really scary.

vCash
    The Bash TV in Rage just scared me a bit

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    Alien vs Predator on Atari Jaguar.

vCash
    Bioshock and Fallout 3 are probably the scariest games I've played.

vCash
    I'd have to say the Dead Space series. I haven't bought a video game in nearly a year, but I will likely grab DS3 when it is out.

vCash
    For me, Silent Hill 2, Condemned, Alan Wake, and The Suffering.

vCash
    Easily manhunt, that game was awesome. Bio shock had its share of chilling moments too.

vCash
    Dead Space is by far the scariest game I've ever played!

Also, I found Dead Island to have a a pretty scary vibe to it too.
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = 12-4
    Warriors = 49-31 Making it rain!
    A's = 8-4 Back to Back AL West Champs!
    WINNING!

vCash
    resident evil scared the piss out of me when i was a kid
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)

vCash
    The first time I ever played Dead Space a few years ago. It was late at night and I had no idea what the game was about. I'm all walking down this corridor with flickering lights, then it goes pitch black and I hear this loud scream in the distance. Lights come on, some ****ed up creature jumps out at me. There was another that was faking dead on the floor so I walked by it casually -- then it jumps up on me. "Oh, ****!"

It was just one of those flincher kind of games.
    Last edited by Kinglorious; 01-25-2013 at 11:02 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinglorious View Post
    The first time I ever played Dead Space a few years ago. It was late at night and I had no idea what the game was about. I'm all walking down this corridor with flickering lights, then it goes pitch black and I hear this loud scream in the distance. Lights come on, some ****ed up creature jumps out at me. There was another that was faking dead on the floor so I walked by it casually -- then it jumps up on me. "Oh, ****!"

It was just one of those flincher kind of games.
    It has jump scares but the music and atmosphere are both top notch imo.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast