Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Scariest Games You've Played

I love scary video games because I love getting scared. I'm not afraid to admit that some video games scare the crap out of me because, just like hypnotism, you have to want to get scared to actually get scared. I know some people try to act macho and suggest that no movie or video game ever scared them, and I really feel bad for those people because fear is an awesome thing. So, what are some of the scariest games you've ever played?

I just played the Slender Man game after watching all Marble Hornets entries in a row. I tried once, got one page and then stared at Slender Man for too long because I didn't know that would kill you. The second time I got scared again because I was up to five pages and I had a couple scares before I got cornered. I might have yelled a bit, but now the game has lost its scariness aspect.

I played two Silent Hill games. The first one I played there was a big hole in the bathroom that I crawled through, there was a hole in the wall and I could see a big stuffed animal and I got to a part where giant bird-men-women attacked me. That's all I remember about the game, but I remember being terrified to take three steps without looking in every direction. The other Silent Hill game had such bad gameplay I stopped after half an hour.

Dead Space destroyed me mentally. I remember the first run-in with the necromorph where you're supposed to run, and I didn't know how to run. So instead of trying to figure it out, I just threw my remote at the TV on impulse, and I didn't put the game back in for about six months. When I finally did start playing it again, it took me probably a month to finish it because I was so chickenshit I would run up five feet then run back all the way through the game.

Dead Space II I thought would be less scary because I had finished the first one. I thought I'd be used to the scares. I thought I could handle it. Then the babies were introduced and the infants. I lost my **** in those parts.

A little known Xbox game I played called Run Like Hell got to me too. I would say it was very similar to Dead Space in that aliens took over a deep space vessel, you had limited ammo, you played most of the game in isolation and the music added to the tension. Also, like Dead Space, one of the first altercations with an alien involved you simply having to run. Run Like Hell is one of my personal favorite games of all-time because it was probably one of the first survival horror games I ever played, and I loved the problem solving aspect of it. I remember it was that game that first introduced me to Breaking Benjamin because their song Polyamorous was on the soundtrack, and the first time it started scared the crap out of me because it launched an alien fight. Anybody else play this game?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tongue-Splitter View Post

Dead Space destroyed me mentally. I remember the first run-in with the necromorph where you're supposed to run, and I didn't know how to run. So instead of trying to figure it out, I just threw my remote at the TV on impulse, and I didn't put the game back in for about six months. When I finally did start playing it again, it took me probably a month to finish it because I was so chickenshit I would run up five feet then run back all the way through the game.
    Hahaha, I honestly didn't think Dead Space was that scary. I mean it had its parts, but nothing too crazy imo. Ever play Condemned?
    Philadelphia Phillies
    Philadelphia Eagles
    Philadelphia Sixers
    Philadelphia Flyers

vCash
    Pick up Silent Hill HD collection and play Silent Hill 2. You don't need to know the story from the first game. Easily the scariest game i've ever played. Not only that but its one of the best games ever created.

Bioshock has some legitimate creepy moments, and the atmosphere is relenting.

I don't have a computer that can run it, but i hear great things about Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

Anyways the first two i mentioned are available for PS3 and XBOX and are must haves if you haven't played them yet.

I stopped watching marble hornets like 2 years ago when it was clear they lost their mojo.. Is it still as rubbish as when i left it?

The first 25 or so entries are brilliant. Better than 99% of horror films.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir13579 View Post
    Pick up Silent Hill HD collection and play Silent Hill 2. You don't need to know the story from the first game. Easily the scariest game i've ever played. Not only that but its one of the best games ever created.

Bioshock has some legitimate creepy moments, and the atmosphere is relenting.

I don't have a computer that can run it, but i hear great things about Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

Anyways the first two i mentioned are available for PS3 and XBOX and are must haves if you haven't played them yet.

I stopped watching marble hornets like 2 years ago when it was clear they lost their mojo.. Is it still as rubbish as when i left it?

The beginning of the underneath lighthouse

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir13579 View Post

I've known about Marble Hornets for a really long time now, but I never paid much attention to it, nor did I know how many entries there were. So I downloaded the "Whole Movie," only to find out that it was just the first 25 entries. It had credits at the end and everything, and then I realized that there are more entries. So I lied, I didn't watch all entries and I've got a lot more to go. The first hour and thirty-six minutes were really good though.

vCash
    For me, Dead Space by far.

vCash
    First time I played I condemned it scared the **** out of me

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    Eternal Damnation mod for Postal 2. Holy ****.

vCash
    Yes Bioshock was creepy also

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    Dead Space was pretty nerve racking to me. Resident Evil 4 made me jump a few times too, although I don't consider it to be a particularly scary game.

vCash
    The first Condemned is scary. I didn't find Dead Space or BioShock to be scary.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    The first Condemned is scary. I didn't find Dead Space or BioShock to be scary.
    I don't know if Bioshock was scary but the lost city underwater was pretty creepy/depressing

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    manhunt
    VIVA CROONER!

vCash
    the house of the dead arcade game & devil may cry(i think i was 4 & 6 when i played these games respectively).

the dogs from the hulk game(around 2003 IIRC) scared the **** out of me too.

vCash
    The first time I ever played Dead Space a few years ago. It was late at night and I had no idea what the game was about. I'm all walking down this corridor with flickering lights, then it goes pitch black and I hear this loud scream in the distance. Lights come on, some ****ed up creature jumps out at me. There was another that was faking dead on the floor so I walked by it casually -- then it jumps up on me. "Oh, ****!"

It was just one of those flincher kind of games.
    Last edited by Kinglorious; 01-25-2013 at 11:02 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast