Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

What is good laptop for under $ 800?

I need a new laptop, my old ****** 5 year old hp laptop is almost done. I am not a big gamer but i usually only play the 2k sports games. I mostly use my laptop for movies and surfing the net and some school work. what is the best value laptop for under 800? Also i dont want a tablet because i have the s3 and thats already like a tablet.

vCash
    That is a big budget for today's laptop. Check out Samsung. They've been building great ones recently.

^ESPN and PSD Agrees

vCash
    You don't even need to spend that much man... You'd be fine in the $400-$600 range.

Try Samsung or HP.

vCash
    Go with HP

Get a i3 or i5 processor with 4 gb ram

vCash
    I got a Sam for $399 after $50 rebate... It has windows 8 4G ram 500G HD space and its a quad core love it!

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

vCash
    I went through Tigerdirect

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

vCash
    I must have said this at least 10 times on this site. BRAND DOES NOT MATTER.

It's like trying to argue one gas station has better gas than another. All that matter is the grade and the price.

All that matters is the components in the laptop and the price. Look at the size, price, processor, graphics card, memory/HDD, and the case.

vCash
    Some may want an HDMI hook up, USB3, Blu-Ray, media card reader, bluetooth, etc... operating system, maximum screen resolution, battery life are important as well.. It goes deeper than that, type of display screen, the weight of the laptop, hard drive speed... Among other things

There is definitely a difference when looking for quality but you have to educate yourself on what quality is... Even if you just plan to spend $400, that is a lot of money to just grab any ol' thing, there are a lot of options at every price range so be sure to get the best for your money. And don't think that just because you're spending $800 that you are ensuring you get a quality laptop. With spending $800, you really want to be sure you are getting the best.

So take the days or weeks and figure out what quality is in your opinion, find out the differences and determine what you prefer. Research is key

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37:25251455

It's like trying to argue one gas station has better gas than another. All that matter is the grade and the price.

All that matters is the components in the laptop and the price. Look at the size, price, processor, graphics card, memory/HDD, and the case.
    We know we know. But Samsung really do have great laptops with good components for less.

^ESPN and PSD Agrees

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikekhelxD View Post
    We know we know. But Samsung really do have great laptops with good components for less.
    It has nothing to do with the maker, all about the retailer. IMO Asus is still king when it comes to laptops.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post

Oh brand matters, believe me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post

Yeppppppp

vCash
    Not really, dells suck *** in terms of longetivity

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yaswaggin View Post
    Not really, dells suck *** in terms of longetivity
    I have heard their build quality sucks, but thats just second hand reviews I haven't seen any factual evidence

vCash
    Dell makes cheap computers and quality computers as does every company, there are a lot of companies that rely on Dell server computers. Dell probably has the worst reputation because they most likely owned the market in the 2000s and a big chunk of that came from computer newbies who bought the cheapest Dell, most bad reviews probably came from the low class who didn't know\care how to protect from viruses and such. Not to mention maintaining, so many computers overheat from dust build up because of uneducated people. If you own the market, you own the most bad reviews...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast