Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

ESPN playoff odds, predicts Raptors make playoffs.

Wow dont think it will happen but good to see from an expert none the less... If we could add a decent piece from trading Bargs and AA and Ross keep playing well I like this team moving forward

They have Toronto finishing 8th with a 37-45 record, finishing ahead of Bos n 76ers...just to beat Boston would be worth it. Also here is latest power rankings with Raps at 21 (most western conference teams dominating)
    21-They are 7-3 in their last 10 games because they have exploded on offense — 5.4 points per 100 possessions better than their season average the last 10 games and 8.8 better over their last five. DeMar DeRozan has put up points but it’s been the bench with guys like Alan Anderson and lately Kyle Lowry that have been key.
    Hollinger's NBA Playoff Odds are based on the Hollinger Power Rankings, designed by John Hollinger.
    HOLLINGER RANKINGS

Power Rankings: Who's No. 1?
    Player Stats: PER leaders
    Team Stats: Efficiency leaders

The Hollinger Power Rankings are a measure of each team's performance in the season so far.

Based on those rankings, each day the computer plays out the remainder of the season 5,000 times to see the potential range of projected outcomes. The results reveal the most likely win-loss record for each team -- and what the odds are for each team to make the NBA playoffs, win the NBA title, win the lottery, and so on.

For more on how the system works and what it means, see Hollinger's explanation.
    Hollinger's NBA Playoff Odds are updated automatically each night.

Mia
    NY
    Atl
    Ind
    Chi
    Mil
    Bk
    Tor

Bos
    Phi
    Det

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/playoffodds
    Last edited by spreadeagle; 12-31-2012 at 05:40 PM.

vCash
    Damn! I don't know if we'll make the playoffs this year, but it sure would be freaking nice

vCash
    hopefully...but i doubt it

vCash
    That thing changes every game. We go on a 2 game losing streak and that prediction will completely shift again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    That thing changes every game. We go on a 2 game losing streak and that prediction will completely shift again.
    This. Don't hold your breathe.

vCash
    Even though many of us before the season started predicted this team being a playoff team I would be surprised if we made it.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [x]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    If we didn't start the season off so badly I would still think we would make the playoffs.

vCash
    Whether we make it or not we are breaking some sort of record interestingly enough. If we make it then we are like one of 2 teams in recent history to make it after starting off that poorly. If we dont then we are one of only 2 teams in history to not make it after only losing one preseason game

vCash
    We're gonna make the playoffs I'm telling u guys... Unless Bargs comes back and we actually play him.

vCash
    If we can trade Bargs for a piece than helps the team then Playoffs won't seem so far away. But I think this topic is better to revisit at the All Star break. If we are right in the mix then it becomes more realistic that we can make it.

vCash
    No... if they make the playoff, BC is going to be here for another 5 years.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

vCash
    Hard to say but I just wanna finish top ten so ock doesn't rape us on that pick.
    The Big Three!!

vCash
    I just want us to finish outside the bottom 10 for 2 reasons. Gives us a winning and fighting attitude next season and OKC doesn't get a high pick.

vCash
    That list has us beating out Boston for the 8 spot. I just dont think it will happen. I hope they keep up the effort and like others have said we don't give OKC a great pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    I just want us to finish outside the bottom 10 for 2 reasons. Gives us a winning and fighting attitude next season and OKC doesn't get a high pick.
    i don't know. oklahoma getting a high pick might work out well for the league. oklahoma already has the main pieces for a championship contending team, all they need are tweaks here and there and they should be able to ride out a decade of conference finals and finals appearances.

super high lottery picks aren't usually content to fill these minor roles. a young hotshot who feels he isn't getting his due or touches could certainly upset the apple cart.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast