Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Dwane Casey... revisited

So early on and during the Raps' slump, many of you were calling for Casey's head by pointing out his lack of offensive strategizing, poor roster management, and overall worthlesness defensively with our current group of players.

FIRE CASEY!!!

Now, with the Raps' resurgence mainly due to Casey's defensive sets (look it up - the winning streak is because of the defense disallowing opponents to score over 100 pts, disallowing opponents to score a high FG%, out-rebounding, & overall ball movement on offense) along with more minutes to key players like Ross and Anderson, do we still keep Casey moving forward? Or do we let him go when ownership ultimately fires BC? Or were we all just hasty with our words regarding Casey's job during the Raps' losing streak?

Discuss...

vCash
    Good to see Casey has finally made the team try to buy into defense again. Casey needs a better assistant coach to help him with offensive plays. If he doesn't have that, his peak is basically Mike Brown. Good defensive coach but needs a star to bail him out offensively.

vCash
    Bargnani was always the problem.

He was out most of last year, thats why are defense was good.

Get rid of this noodle.

SWAGUEZ!!!

vCash
    I have 2 points to make...

1. Yes, hasty would be the perfect way to describe some of the opinions expressed in recent weeks. It's almost like one person starts a "fire Casey" trend, and then a bunch of people who don't seem to have minds of their own start following the trend without giving it much though. I'm not saying Casey is a superstar coach or anything, but he sure as hell doesn't deserve to be fired so early in the season. Give him a chance with this team, especially considering the new faces and lack of chemistry. Having said that...

2. It's easy to play defense, move the ball, and play hard, etc. when you're going up against horrible teams lol. As the season progresses, we'll get a clearer picture on how good (or bad) a coach Casey is. I don't think we should evaluate him, or any of the players on our team until the season is over. Then we make decisions, trades, etc. (with the exception of Bargs of course, that dude gotta go asappppp)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vdot View Post

1. Yes, hasty would be the perfect way to describe some of the opinions expressed in recent weeks. It's almost like one person starts a "fire Casey" trend, and then a bunch of people who don't seem to have minds of their own start following the trend without giving it much though. I'm not saying Casey is a superstar coach or anything, but he sure as hell doesn't deserve to be fired so early in the season. Give him a chance with this team, especially considering the new faces and lack of chemistry. Having said that...

2. It's easy to play defense, move the ball, and play hard, etc. when you're going up against horrible teams lol. As the season progresses, we'll get a clearer picture on how good (or bad) a coach Casey is. I don't think we should evaluate him, or any of the players on our team until the season is over. Then we make decisions, trades, etc. (with the exception of Bargs of course, that dude gotta go asappppp)
    we all agree on this

vCash
    I don't think people wanted Casey fired on the spot. They expected that if the Raptors still played like garbage, and we ended up a bottom 3 team, then we'd clean house.

vCash
    His rotations are awful

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddler The Gr8 View Post
    I don't think people wanted Casey fired on the spot. They expected that if the Raptors still played like garbage, and we ended up a bottom 3 team, then we'd clean house.
    pretty much this.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [x]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vdot View Post

#2 especially. Right now, our team is doing what it was supposed to be doing from the start. Beating the middle of the pack teams. When the schedule comes around again, we'll see how we stack up against playoff teams, and that'll determine where he's at as a coach and we are as a team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddler The Gr8 View Post
    if that was the case then why start the thread before the season finishes?

I wasn't happy with the team's D early in the season. I didn't feel they were playing at the same level that they did last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_at_york View Post
    if that was the case then why start the thread before the season finishes?

I wasn't happy with the team's D early in the season. I didn't feel they were playing at the same level that they did last year.
    you pretty much answered your own question with the 2nd part. There was no chance he was gonna get fired right away like Avery or Mike Brown

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    Bargnani was always the problem.
    The problem or A problem.

Valanciunas played poor man D (due to size), made many rookie mistakes & got plenty of rookie calls against.

Casey changed the pace, offensive scheme & gave the keys to Lowry, who ended up forcing his game.

Raptors got little to no production out of the SF position. Fields was literally averaging 2 ppg in his first 5 games started.

3 new starters, one just breaking into the league

Schedule & some poorly officiated games

Casey with some poor rotations

None of these things played a factor, the problem/solution was as simple as removing Bargnani.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B2B View Post
    The problem or A problem.

Valanciunas played poor man D (due to size), made many rookie mistakes & got plenty of rookie calls against.

Casey changed the pace, offensive scheme & gave the keys to Lowry, who ended up forcing his game.

Raptors got little to no production out of the SF position. Fields was literally averaging 2 ppg in his first 5 games started.

3 new starters, one just breaking into the league

Schedule & some poorly officiated games

Casey with some poor rotations

None of these things played a factor, the problem/solution was as simple as removing Bargnani.
    Bahahaha no comment
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    Bahahaha no comment
    Laugh all you want, Bargnani was not the sole reason this team started the season 4-19.

vCash
    We lacked ball movement with Andrea in the game.. The ball would just stop and he would just chuck a three pointer and hoped it would go in. We would've actually won more games in the beginning of the season if we didn't have Andrea to begin with.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast