Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    You can tell Pablo pays attention to every little detail and is soaking the whole NBA experience in. You can also tell his reasoning for wanting the NBA is way bigger than the paycheck or stardom, he really didn't want to have any 'what ifs' when its all said and done, and you gotta respect that.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation that’s critical. He’s one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.”

vCash
    I believe and correct me if I'm wrong, but we only have a 1 year contract with him correct? I would really like to see if he wants to come back again next year and play. By then he would have really understand the NBA game. He's just a class act all around that it's hard not to like him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKGuY View Post
    I believe and correct me if I'm wrong, but we only have a 1 year contract with him correct? I would really like to see if he wants to come back again next year and play. By then he would have really understand the NBA game. He's just a class act all around that it's hard not to like him.
    I love Pablo but I think this off season we really need to look into finding a young PG somehow whether our pick, its buying a late first, striking a gem, finding a younger Euro PG. We can't go next year with 40 yr old Kidd and 36 Pablo as our backups to Felton. Need to splash some youth in this team along the way the next 3 years.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation that’s critical. He’s one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I love Pablo but I think this off season we really need to look into finding a young PG somehow whether our pick, its buying a late first, striking a gem, finding a younger Euro PG. We can't go next year with 40 yr old Kidd and 36 Pablo as our backups to Felton. Need to splash some youth in this team along the way the next 3 years.
    Although I see where your going, and I guess it's still too early to tell if there is an interesting prospect of even taking as a 3rd string PG. However, to keep in mind is that we have well after this year 2 more years to win a chip. Do you think the route to take is picking up an inexperienced PG (who could be a bust), over Pablo who is costing us close to nothing, has TONS of experience, and hasn't even had much tread dug into his tires yet.

vCash
    You can tell Pablo pays attention to every little detail and is soaking the whole NBA experience in. You can also tell his reasoning for wanting the NBA is way bigger than the paycheck or stardom, he really didn't want to have any 'what ifs' when its all said and done, and you gotta respect that.
    All those years of chasing after him finally paid off, because of all the places he could of gone, he came here, on the cheap!

vCash
    Don't forget that Shump can play pg too!

vCash
    I really want a Prigioni jersey.
    PM for my contact information.

vCash
    I love reading his logs because it's like an outsiders view into their world. Makes it even more special because he's new to the nba world. It gives you a first person view of the culture shock he's going through.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jimm120 View Post
    I enjoyed reading them. Some sentences are "lost in translation" and thus lose some meaning/impact...but still, great reads.
    Like what? Please, do tell me, there's always room for improvement!

No journal updates yet, but those who understand some Spanish, I really urge you to check out this lengthy three-part interview with Pablo conducted on the Latin American version of SportsCenter around mid December:

http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/vide...on-sc-&cc=7586

http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/vide...680780&cc=7586

http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/vide...684469&cc=7586

Also, an Argentinean basket magazine had a reporter travel to NY for a special coverage of the Argentinean teammates matchup and here's a quick recap video clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=lDq5oCUxRcU

http://www.ole.com.ar/basquet/

Ginobili on Prigioni: I'm so happy to see him playing that way, running the team, having confidence in his game. I know him well... Always finding the open man is what he does best. Handling possessions and feeding everyone.

Finally, an interesting article on Pablo from SlamOnline. I specially liked Pop's quotes.

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba...-professional/

“You know, he’s one of those Argentineans,” Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said of Prigioni after the game. “That’s still a basketball miracle to me, when I think about all those Argentinean players that played on that team for so long, you know, one of the greatest teams ever. He was a part of that. Always solid. Always professional. Play to win 100 percent of the way, all the time. Always in the game. Always focused. He’s a typical Argentinean.”

vCash
    ^^^^ Sweet! Good stuff, Manutrix!

vCash
    Google chrome translates this to english. Here is his second to last blog entry on Jan 13, 2013. Titled "Another Style of Basketball"

My role on the Knicks is different than I had in Spain in recent seasons, also what I do in tournaments with the national team, so I try to produce good things in short entries and focus especially on not making mistakes. I risk less by not playing 30 minutes. In European basketball shared the ball while in the NBA are given quick situations. I miss setting up the offense so i can later attack the basket but coach Woodson draws me many pick and roll to exploit the best part of my game.

The main change I see in the game is that the same pass that was in Europe does not come easy. Many times the pass gets cut off ... The players have a tremendous athletic ability, are quick and are better leapers. I try to organize the team putting together situations we usually practice, but there are times when someone goes ahead without waiting for the arrival of a partner, 2 passes are made and then a shot goes up. Its the way most teams in the NBA play.

With Raymond Felton hurt no major changes in my situation because Jason Kidd takes most of his minutes. And the rotation stays the same. The novelty was the return of Amare Stoudemire. I like how it moves in the pick and roll, to attack the basket and looking for an open shot. He Can read where to occupy the spaces on the floor. I also feel comfortable with Tyson Chandler, who is quick to lock and go straight to the basket. But it is impossible to do so as i do with Luis Scola with the Selection. We both know that we always find a way to get an advantage.

In defense I suffer when I play playmakers. I have to use my instinct to steal balls, maximum use my legs and being in the right place with my experience. The smaller shiftier guards are a tough cover for me but some point guards like Tony Parker, everyone struggles against him.. I was impressed Jameer Nelson (Orlando) and I liked Damian Lillard (Portland). I can not give anything away, so I train especially with a coach, I take care of my body and I use the rest days to recooperate. Without physical fitness i wouldnt be able to play in this league at age 35.
    Last edited by KnickerBockerAL; 02-05-2013 at 04:53 PM.

vCash
    Here is his latest blog entry on Feb 4, 2013 titled "Far From Rookies"

It would have been a nice acknowledgment that I convene for the party of the rookies in the All Star, but others play more minutes on their teams and have better numbers than mine. I'm happy with what I am bringing to the Knicks since the beginning of the season. And at age 35 I'm not a rookie ... Also I probably would have felt a little uncomfortable sharing the All Star with a group of players so young. Instead of going to Houston I will take the weekend to be with my family, escape the cold and rest somewhere warm. In the last week there was even a day of -14 ° in New York.

Before we had a nice experience when we travel to London to play against Detroit. The Knicks organized to bring all the families of the players, we stayed at a hotel in the city center and set up a tour of the city. There were four days that we were used to break the routine in the middle of the season. Obviously we are also interested in winning the game ... I had mixed feelings when entering O2, where we lost against Russia with the selection for the bronze medal of the Olympic Games, but this time the team won and left the stadium happier.

In regards to the game, my situation did not change with the return of Raymond Felton, because Im still the backup and am used to spell him when he is tired, as I did with Jason Kidd when Raymond went out with his injury. The entry of Iman Shumpert had no consequence because he is not being used as a PG. it did benefit me to have Amare Stoudemire to play pick and roll situations. With a full squad, the goal is to keep up in the East, establish ourselves in our style and get ready for the playoffs. I am comfortable with the way that coach Woodson wants me/us to play.

In the last few games I was feeling better with triples. In the first few months I struggled with 3 pointers due to the distance, which is greater in the NBA, but got shot sessions and noticed the results immediately. I work on establishing a quick release. That means a change of mind to take shots when I'm free. Sometimes the game asks you to shoot, for example when Carmelo Anthony gets doubled, the ball rotates and im usually left unmarked. I Use a machine, that passes you the ball and is programmed according to your needs, varying the time to automate the mechanics. Each day, I take 300 to 500 shots when we train. And every one that goes in makes my teammates have more confidence in me even though they dont see me as a rookie.
    Last edited by KnickerBockerAL; 02-05-2013 at 05:01 PM.

vCash
    The two entries are now updated and make sense...enjoy everyone

Go Pablito!
    Last edited by KnickerBockerAL; 02-05-2013 at 05:01 PM.

vCash
    Thanks KnickerBocker. I enjoy reading what Pablo has to say.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Enzo View Post
    Thanks KnickerBocker. I enjoy reading what Pablo has to say.
    no problem. Go Knicks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast