Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

is larry sanders a max player?

delete plz. didn't realize he has 2 years left
    Last edited by rubx3; 12-29-2012 at 11:07 PM.

Go hard in the regular season, take a breather in the playoffs!

vCash
    Even though he has time left on his deal, I still think we can talk about it. Should he be worth the same amout fo money as the top layers in the league? No, but with the way the nba currently is, and the way that big money gets dealt out to undeserving players, especially big guys, he probably will get awfully close to max if he keeps improving.

vCash
    Yah I don't think he'll get max, but I agree it will be close. And I want it to be coming from Milwaukee, and hopefully he does to. He seems to be getting more and more involved with the crowd. We as fans love that ****, I wish Jennings would pick up on it a little, Milwaukee is not much but god dammit you get our fans into it and you're going to love this place.

I think if we can lock up Jennings and Sanders, draft or somehow acquire a better bigger 2 guard to pair with Jennings and we'll have something to talk about.

Part of me is starting to think we need to package up Monta, Harris, Udoh and even a first for a better 2. I know it sounds outrageous but it what needs to be done. This team is just barely scratching its surface. To really reach their potential I think Monta needs to be gone.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by time4change View Post
    Yah I don't think he'll get max, but I agree it will be close. And I want it to be coming from Milwaukee, and hopefully he does to. He seems to be getting more and more involved with the crowd. We as fans love that ****, I wish Jennings would pick up on it a little, Milwaukee is not much but god dammit you get our fans into it and you're going to love this place.

I think if we can lock up Jennings and Sanders, draft or somehow acquire a better bigger 2 guard to pair with Jennings and we'll have something to talk about.

Part of me is starting to think we need to package up Monta, Harris, Udoh and even a first for a better 2. I know it sounds outrageous but it what needs to be done. This team is just barely scratching its surface. To really reach their potential I think Monta needs to be gone.

i totally agree with everything youve said besides trading moute his offense has reallly came too and he can be a great 3 for us if we land a legit 2 im almost willing to give up on tobias if moute keeps this up and would be for getting rid of him
    This thread right here is why i stay out of the nba main forum on psd lol
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...am-for-melo:D;)

vCash
    I said Monta not Moute lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by time4change View Post

In an ideal world, I would love to do what you're saying. We could really use a young Ray Allen type to play our SG. If we could get a guy like he was when he was around here, it would be fantastic. He could play off the ball, create his own shot somewhat, defend when he wanted to and was a little bigger than Ellis. The problem is, those guys are rare in the league these days. There aren't a lot of true SGs out there anymore, and the ones that come out of college in the mold of a true SG, like the Alec Burks and the Terrence Rosses of the world aren't nba ready, and it takes them awhile to develop. Half the time, those guys don't even develop into much more than a Demar Derozan type. They aren't turning into studs.

I also worry that we would fall off quite a bit without Ellis. He isn't the ideal player to have. He turns it over and forces shots. But he's also a fairly substantial portion of our offense. Jennings can't attack the hoop like Monta can. Heck, we don't really have anyone on the team that can attack the hoop. Until we get that, we can't really afford to lose Monta in my mind.

Also, here is something that I'd like to hear your thoughts on time4change. I know Monta isn't a great defender by any stretch of the imagination, but I think this is an interesting article.

http://www.nba.com/bucks/features/boeder-121229

vCash
    I think Brewhoop had a similar article of Ellis showing great defense with all them numbers. Was gonna post it a couple days ago but never did.

vCash
    Good read.

I don't think it tell the whole story, but nonetheless give a little credibility to Monta's defense.

I will say that because I have watched every game this year, every time he's played a bigger guard (outside of Joe Johnson) he's had to shoot a ton of shots to be effective which doesn't always amount to winning games. Not to mention he gets backed down easily on defense which creates other opportunities for opposing offenses.

My bigger beef right now with Monta is that he has turned into a total chucker street baller. He can be the most frustrating player I've ever watched on offense because he just dribbles constantly and shoots terrible shots.

Like I said before he can make 37 points completely useless.

vCash
    ooopppsss my bad yeah id be down for trading em for a legit 2 if we can find one! or if somehow could trade for a pick to get a 2 coming out of college if its cheaper for us trade wise to go that route.....really looking back wishing somehow we could have got the 14th pick without giving up the 12th to get lamb n henson...

still think the bucks could look into lamb see what it takes to get him from the thunder
    This thread right here is why i stay out of the nba main forum on psd lol
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...am-for-melo:D;)

vCash
    I see Sanders getting about $10M to $12M per. He's pretty much our best consistent player. I'd rather see him getting the money and deal our back court.

vCash
    Anyone else worried Hammond might botch this summer up over spending? Like bidding against our selves for Redick and Ellis and Jennings. Sanders is a RFA next year so this discussion isn't to far off. Watch Ellis opt out then we go hard after him like 5 years $55M. Then we throw $8M per at Redick then forced to sign and trade of Jennings or he goes cheap and takes QO then walks. I can see a team toss a poison pill RFA offer to Sanders in 2014 where we be in cap hell first year. Even though Kohl doesn't mind spending. Look at Blazers tossing big offer to Hibbert.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Anyone else worried Hammond might botch this summer up over spending? Like bidding against our selves for Redick and Ellis and Jennings. Sanders is a RFA next year so this discussion isn't to far off. Watch Ellis opt out then we go hard after him like 5 years $55M. Then we throw $8M per at Redick then forced to sign and trade of Jennings or he goes cheap and takes QO then walks. I can see a team toss a poison pill RFA offer to Sanders in 2014 where we be in cap hell first year. Even though Kohl doesn't mind spending. Look at Blazers tossing big offer to Hibbert.
    It might be in the Bucks' best interest to lock Larry up this offseason if they can get him for around 11 million annually. If they wait a year and he puts up 15, 10 and 3, then it'll be a max contract for sure.

vCash
    That's what i'm worried about. Worried were gonna have to tuck in future first rounder to dump a bad contract just to keep Sanders. That's the reason why I prefer to go after Sanders now while our books look clean at the moment.

vCash
    God I wish they would do this.

vCash
    Milwaukee Bucks Team Salary

Name.........2012-13.....2013-14.....2014-15......2015-16.....2016-17

Monta Ellis $11,000,000 $11,000,000
    Ersan Ilyasova $7,900,000 $7,900,000 $7,900,000 $7,900,000 $8,400,000
    Samuel Dalembert $6,698,565
    Drew Gooden $6,687,400 $6,687,400 $6,687,400
    J.J. Redick $6,190,000
    Luc Mbah a Moute $4,794,192 $4,588,384 $4,382,575