Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Bandwagon question.

In another thread, I read someone giving crap to a Lions fan for being what he referred to as a bandwagon fan. Is there really such a thing for the lions? Or do people just use that silliness to put people down?

Please answer that question. Also, please tell me what you do when the Lions are on TV. I can't be the only one who really doesn't care anymore, can I?
    "If a, would a, could a, should a, Lived on Maybe street, the street that never was"....Rad Alger

vCash
    My reply:

In the Lions case there really is no such thing as a bandwagon, or a bandwagon fan. We have no history of making a wagon to play a band on. We have sucked for years, even when we had the best running back in the game!

The Detroit Lions have everything to do with the level of fandom here. They, like anyother professional team need to give there fans something to cheer for or hope for. They dont do very well at that.

I have a real hard time watching the Lions. I have a beautiful wife with 2 great young sons. When the Lions play, I start screaming at the tv. My family doesn't need to see this. So logically, I watch with them not around. Then my blood pressure goes up, cuz we suck and suck so bad, when the games over I'm in a bad mood. Again my family doesn't want to be with that guy. So in summary, some people (this guy) were spending time watching the bad news bears of football, getting all pissed off, raising my blood pressure and bad Colestoral! Yelling and screaming at a buch if losers who make 10-20 times what I make a year and allowing it to affect my real life. Who really gives a flying **** about the Lions. It's a ****ing game! Now if only I could get myself to accept and believe that! For the last 6 weeks I only watch the Lins if they are already on or if there is nothing to do. It's been very nice. It used to go church, Bob Heavens, Lions football (yelling, anger, swearing, stress, bad mood). Now it goes Church, Bob Heavens (I need that breakfast), glancing at TV, playing with my boys! I find it way better that way. Does that make me a bandwagon fan also? I think it makes me smart!
    "If a, would a, could a, should a, Lived on Maybe street, the street that never was"....Rad Alger

vCash
    Serious question, whats wrong with u?

vCash

vCash
    A bandwagon fan is a fan who watches and roots for when they play good, but then doesn't watch when they play bad. And then when the team starts winning they jump back on the "bandwagon"

vCash
    I watch every game. I get what your saying Scottie, I myself am a father of 4 happily married. We all watch the game together. Yes, I get upset at dumb penalties but I don't curse at the tv, i think the Last time I did a was the no td call on megatron against the bears opening day.

My wife & kids all watch with me. We put on our lions gear. We have snacks, finger foods, ribs, etc... People know they are welcomed to stop by & often do. Football is about family time not just winning or losing. After the game we go to the park or front yard & pretend we're replaying the game at key downs but end up winning the game for the lions.

So though I understand your frustration, it's a little different for me. Win or lose we all watch together.

My AAL 2015 ProBowler: DeAndre Levy #54 58 tackles / .5 sacks / 1 safety / 1 amazing int
    click here to join the Lions Forum
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12 & #14
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

vCash
    I don't think it's bandwagon to turn a Lions game off when frustrated, I do it a lot. At this point with the emotional roller coaster we've been on over the last year it's understandable to be emotional, both good and bad about the product we get every Sunday.

The only time anyone crosses the threshold into bandwagon territory is when the stop rooting for one team if said team hits hard times. Everyone here bashes the Lions, critiques the team, and voices their opinions on what they feel is the right/wrong moves. That all comes with the part of being a fan and that is acceptable. If you keep coming back week after week, even after a rough few months then you are a fan. Even if you don't watch every single down of every game.

Catches: 8 Yards: 80 TDs: 1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I don't think it's bandwagon to turn a Lions game off when frustrated, I do it a lot. At this point with the emotional roller coaster we've been on over the last year it's understandable to be emotional, both good and bad about the product we get every Sunday.

The only time anyone crosses the threshold into bandwagon territory is when the stop rooting for one team if said team hits hard times. Everyone here bashes the Lions, critiques the team, and voices their opinions on what they feel is the right/wrong moves. That all comes with the part of being a fan and that is acceptable. If you keep coming back week after week, even after a rough few months then you are a fan. Even if you don't watch every single down of every game.
    Well said!

2013 & 2014 Lions Forum Draft Prediction Game Champion

Post of the decade:
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    Tulloch:

vCash
    I always watch the Lions game. Sometimes at home with the family but usually at one of my buddies houses. I watched the games at home more last year because they were winning and i didn't get as pissed but this year I've been leaving the house more.

One of my favorite memories watching at home last year was during the cowboy game. My son and i kept changing clothes and putting our hats on backwards as "rally" hats. By the end he was in his diaper jumping up and down on the bed and i was running around screaming (fully clothed) with my hat on backwards. It was awesome. I don't think my kid knew what was going on with the game but he loved yelling and changing our hats/clothes around. We haven't had any fun like that this year because we've sucked so bad and I've preferred to watch elsewhere so i could be properly medicated.
    #66 LaAdrian Waddle

vCash
    I know a few guys at my school were all on the bandwagon last season, now they are all on the 9ers bandwagon

#****Broyles

vCash
    I get what your saying scottie, I really do. When they lose im in such a bad mood, and I to swear. but after the game im always like " Theres always next weekend". I watch no matter what win or lose I love them. I hate when my girl puts them down and Ill defend them against anyone. They still manage to bring my family n friends together every game. I still buy tickets when I have the money and I buy the Lions gear I can get my hands on. I even have them tattooed on me, no matter what there record. So yes there is a such thing as a bandwagon fan, do you fall under that. I wouldnt say so.
    Detroit Lions

vCash
    Just got done eating waffles out of the new Lions waffle maker my brother-in-law got me for Christmas. No more bandwagon for me. I'll be eating Lions waffles every game day for the next 20 years.

The kids loved them by the way. My boy eats everything but his cousin never eats and even he liked eating the waffles with the Lion logo on it.
    #66 LaAdrian Waddle

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scottie View Post
    My reply:

In the Lions case there really is no such thing as a bandwagon, or a bandwagon fan. We have no history of making a wagon to play a band on. We have sucked for years, even when we had the best running back in the game!

The Detroit Lions have everything to do with the level of fandom here. They, like anyother professional team need to give there fans something to cheer for or hope for. They dont do very well at that.

I have a real hard time watching the Lions. I have a beautiful wife with 2 great young sons. When the Lions play, I start screaming at the tv. My family doesn't need to see this. So logically, I watch with them not around. Then my blood pressure goes up, cuz we suck and suck so bad, when the games over I'm in a bad mood. Again my family doesn't want to be with that guy. So in summary, some people (this guy) were spending time watching the bad news bears of football, getting all pissed off, raising my blood pressure and bad Colestoral! Yelling and screaming at a buch if losers who make 10-20 times what I make a year and allowing it to affect my real life. Who really gives a flying **** about the Lions. It's a ****ing game! Now if only I could get myself to accept and believe that! For the last 6 weeks I only watch the Lins if they are already on or if there is nothing to do. It's been very nice. It used to go church, Bob Heavens, Lions football (yelling, anger, swearing, stress, bad mood). Now it goes Church, Bob Heavens (I need that breakfast), glancing at TV, playing with my boys! I find it way better that way. Does that make me a bandwagon fan also? I think it makes me smart!
    This is almost identical with what I deal with every season. In pre-season, my Wife and 2 boys are always hyped about the lions. I always have a couple of buddies over the house, and my brother to watch the games.

As the season goes down hill, I find myself watching the games alone with my wife yelling at me becuase I'm in such as bad mood after watching the lions "**** the bed" once again in a loss (most of you know the nature of my posts on here after a loss). Now my wife was a HUGE Vikings and Cowboys fan when we met and I have converted her to the lions.....but lately she has given up on them.

In conclusion......it doesn't make you a bandwagon fan if you critisize the lions, you are only a bandwagon fan if you begin pulling for another team. In my case (and it sounds like your case as well) we just get completely turned off with football and not really care about football at all until next season.

Those are two different things.

vCash
    ^^ ur wife is a bandwagon fan.

Which is probably better than my wife who just asks me who this player and that player is married to and if I think they are a Christian or not. She loves Tebow btw.
    #66 LaAdrian Waddle

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    ^^ ur wife is a bandwagon fan.

Which is probably better than my wife who just asks me who this player and that player is married to and if I think they are a Christian or not. She loves Tebow btw.
    I noticed you were in the black monday prediction thread......you gonna give it a try??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast