Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Have merch and ticket sales increased?

I'm assuming they have but have the Jays released any official numbers/updates?

I'm noticing a lot more Blue Jay hats and jerseys around this year than last. I've gone out and bought a bunch of new stuff, I think many others have.

How about season tickets? Did they Jays sell around 18,000 last year? Anyone know what they are on pace for doing in 2013?

vCash
    The more hats could be from the lockout, im still rocking the Jays hat over my Sens hat for that reason. Even tho i havent changed my avatar for some reason.

Also single game tickets i dont think are on sale yet but im sure season tickets are up.
    Sens Raps Jays

vCash
    I don't have the link handy, but Beeston had said there was a significant increase in ticket sales. Probably still too early to release numbers yet tho.

vCash
    I was wondering how season ticket sales are going as well?
    Vancouver Canucks
    Toronto Blue Jays
    San Francisco 49's

vCash
    I'd like to see some official numbers also. Any insiders here?

Anyways I thought i'd just post this here.. I came back from the mall in Winnipeg where Bautista was signing autographs. Huge turnout! I'm pretty surprised. The line was ridiculously long I didn't even bother getting a signature.

Jays Nation is alive and well in Winnipeg.

vCash
    I was actually wondering if we were gonna see a presser where all of these guys were actually in their jerseys. I don't know why the Jays brass has waited so long.

Unless AA has something else up his sleeve, (@ 1B/DH, or bullpen help) which I highly doubt, I don't know why you prolong something like this for this long.

Jays '13

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    I'd like to see some official numbers also. Any insiders here?

Anyways I thought i'd just post this here.. I came back from the mall in Winnipeg where Bautista was signing autographs. Huge turnout! I'm pretty surprised. The line was ridiculously long I didn't even bother getting a signature.

Jays Nation is alive and well in Winnipeg.
    Was gonna head there today, but didn't go after a friend told me how busy it was. Few friends since Jose at a local nightclub.

vCash
    I bought a 15 game flex pack with a buddy a couple of weeks ago. Neither of us have ever committed that kind of time to go to games before. I'm quite certain we aren't the only ones that are very excited.

vCash
    bought a hat and a shirt, i know it's only small stuff but that is my way of supporting rogers and there increase in pay roll. I will also go to a couple games this year which is something i haven't done in a while.

vCash
    I read on twitter just after the jays made their big trade with the marlins that ticket prices would not be increased. As for merch im sure prices will raise but ticket prices will remain the same.

vCash
    I'm sure ticket sales have already increased. I also believe if the team starts out hot and then continues to play well we will see 40k+ crowds all through September.

vCash

Have merch and ticket sales increased?

I went in on a pair of seasons ticket with four other people. I have 20 games. Third row 500's right behind the plate. Seasons are actually pretty reasonable in the 500's, $1200/pair.

vCash
    Do you think it is reasonable to suggest that the bump in merchandise and ticket sales will totally cover the bump in payroll?

vCash
    My dad (who is a casual baseball fan at best) is even thinking about going back in on 1/9th of season ticket that he used to have back in 2006-2007. I wanted a Toronto Star pass, but never got around to purchasing it.

I just got back from S. Florida and I'll say this--I saw more Marlins gear being sold in stores than ever before. I'm sure they sold a ton last off-season, but I shook my head at it now because of what's happened.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJaysGirl View Post
    Do you think it is reasonable to suggest that the bump in merchandise and ticket sales will totally cover the bump in payroll?
    This is tricky. When Rogers bought the team, the blue jays were valued at 112 million US in the year 2000. And in 2004 bought the skydome for a paltry sum of 25 million. Today the team is valued at over 413 million US. Adjusted for inflation rogers has made a decent return on his investment. This is before the addition of Reyes, Johnson, buehrle, dickey, etc. Valuation just went up. Rogers claimed they were hemorrhaging money and operating at a loss. That may or not be true. I haven't seen the books. But revenue was 188 Million US last year. The costs are endless but like i said i don't have the full financials. I think starting this year, or next year every major league club will be getting some 20-22 million dollars from the new television agreement. This isn't even calculating TV ad revenue for 162 broadcasts, where an average of 540,000 viewers tuned in to watch .. 25% increase from 2010. Guess what ads just got more expensive. I am guessing here. but i think they will be in the positive. It just depends on how they crunch their numbers, what do they include? what do they not?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast