Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    17,864
    vCash
    1500

    Luke Joeckel vs Jake Matthews

    Former NFL Scout, and current writer for the National Football Post, Russ Lande ranks Texas A&M junior T Jake Matthews over teammate Luke Joeckel.
    rotoworld

    I was wondering how others felt, because I also have Matthews ahead of Joeckel.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    12,521
    vCash
    1500
    really depends on wat u want. u want a nice RT who can do everything well and plays nasty you take Matthews. u want the Athletic LT who excels at Pass pro u take Joeckel.

    The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Power Couple

    #InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    43,292
    vCash
    7100
    I like Joeckel a good bit better personally.
    On Cam Newton:

    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    So it's official.

    This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.


    hahahahahahahahahahahaha

    Nfl scouting is a joke.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,904
    vCash
    1500
    IMO
    1. Joeckel
    2. Lewan
    3. Mathews

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    10,710
    vCash
    1275
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    I like Joeckel a good bit better personally.
    This.

    Joeckel is the far superior athlete IMO. I think he projects better to the NFL.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Punta Gorda, FL
    Posts
    20,185
    vCash
    1200
    Quote Originally Posted by DeyAce View Post
    IMO
    1. Joeckel
    2. Lewan
    3. Mathews
    People are really over ranking Lewan, watched him all season and I wasn't impressed. I'd potentially rank Eric Fisher over him.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    6,214
    vCash
    1500
    I like Lewan better than Matthews, but Joeckel seems to be the consensus franchise LT of this class.

    BRING BARRETT TO CAROLINA, GETTLEMAN!

    MMA FIGHTERS: WERDUM, JONES, SONNEN, MAYHEM, BELFORT, HENDRICKS, MAYNARD, ALDO, WINELAND

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    17,864
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TDjacksonville View Post
    really depends on wat u want. u want a nice RT who can do everything well and plays nasty you take Matthews. u want the Athletic LT who excels at Pass pro u take Joeckel.
    Could be wrong but I see Matthews playing a LT in the NFL.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    43,292
    vCash
    7100
    Matthews will be a LT in the NFL. That's why he'll go back to school. Get a year of LT tape, because TAMU is certainly going to move him over to replace Joeckel.
    On Cam Newton:

    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    So it's official.

    This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.


    hahahahahahahahahahahaha

    Nfl scouting is a joke.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    9,351
    vCash
    1500
    I feel like Matthews is more than athletic enough to play LT, but he's better in the run game and nastier than Joeckel (who is a better pass protector). Lewan has to be the consensus #2 tackle in the class, especially after his performance against Clowney in the bowl game. I'm not big on Eric Fisher. Impressive physical specimen, but you have to be wary of his competition. Pre-draft drills are gonna be big for him


    Cameron Jordan is awesome

    12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    17,864
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by neovenator250 View Post
    I feel like Matthews is more than athletic enough to play LT, but he's better in the run game and nastier than Joeckel (who is a better pass protector). Lewan has to be the consensus #2 tackle in the class, especially after his performance against Clowney in the bowl game. I'm not big on Eric Fisher. Impressive physical specimen, but you have to be wary of his competition. Pre-draft drills are gonna be big for him
    I don't know. When I've watched Matthews in pass game he seems to hold his ground pretty well. Maybe it's because of the Florida game but I have Matthews as a slightly better pass blocker than Joeckel. Not that either are bad. Matthews played really well against Mingo from LSU when he faced him. I felt it was pretty impressive considering how much hype Mingo is getting.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,904
    vCash
    1500
    Mathews is returning to school

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,745
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DeyAce View Post
    Mathews is returning to school
    Yeah, he wouldn't have gone nearly as high as people were projecting him. Probably got a mid second round grade from the NFL.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    43,292
    vCash
    7100
    If he did, it's only because the draft advisory people undershoot every player they advise.
    On Cam Newton:

    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    So it's official.

    This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.


    hahahahahahahahahahahaha

    Nfl scouting is a joke.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    15,334
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    If he did, it's only because the draft advisory people undershoot every player they advise.
    Except for the people who advised Darron Thomas. Who the hell told him it was a good idea to come out early?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •