Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Luke Joeckel vs Jake Matthews

Former NFL Scout, and current writer for the National Football Post, Russ Lande ranks Texas A&M junior T Jake Matthews over teammate Luke Joeckel.
    rotoworld

I was wondering how others felt, because I also have Matthews ahead of Joeckel.

vCash
    really depends on wat u want. u want a nice RT who can do everything well and plays nasty you take Matthews. u want the Athletic LT who excels at Pass pro u take Joeckel.

The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Power Couple

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    I like Joeckel a good bit better personally.
    On Cam Newton:

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    So it's official.

This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    IMO
    1. Joeckel
    2. Lewan
    3. Mathews

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    I like Joeckel a good bit better personally.
    This.

Joeckel is the far superior athlete IMO. I think he projects better to the NFL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeyAce View Post
    IMO
    1. Joeckel
    2. Lewan
    3. Mathews
    People are really over ranking Lewan, watched him all season and I wasn't impressed. I'd potentially rank Eric Fisher over him.

vCash
    I like Lewan better than Matthews, but Joeckel seems to be the consensus franchise LT of this class.

BRING BARRETT TO CAROLINA, GETTLEMAN!

MMA FIGHTERS: WERDUM, JONES, SONNEN, MAYHEM, BELFORT, HENDRICKS, MAYNARD, ALDO, WINELAND

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TDjacksonville View Post
    really depends on wat u want. u want a nice RT who can do everything well and plays nasty you take Matthews. u want the Athletic LT who excels at Pass pro u take Joeckel.
    Could be wrong but I see Matthews playing a LT in the NFL.

vCash
    Matthews will be a LT in the NFL. That's why he'll go back to school. Get a year of LT tape, because TAMU is certainly going to move him over to replace Joeckel.
    On Cam Newton:

So it's official.

This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    I feel like Matthews is more than athletic enough to play LT, but he's better in the run game and nastier than Joeckel (who is a better pass protector). Lewan has to be the consensus #2 tackle in the class, especially after his performance against Clowney in the bowl game. I'm not big on Eric Fisher. Impressive physical specimen, but you have to be wary of his competition. Pre-draft drills are gonna be big for him

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by neovenator250 View Post
    I feel like Matthews is more than athletic enough to play LT, but he's better in the run game and nastier than Joeckel (who is a better pass protector). Lewan has to be the consensus #2 tackle in the class, especially after his performance against Clowney in the bowl game. I'm not big on Eric Fisher. Impressive physical specimen, but you have to be wary of his competition. Pre-draft drills are gonna be big for him
    I don't know. When I've watched Matthews in pass game he seems to hold his ground pretty well. Maybe it's because of the Florida game but I have Matthews as a slightly better pass blocker than Joeckel. Not that either are bad. Matthews played really well against Mingo from LSU when he faced him. I felt it was pretty impressive considering how much hype Mingo is getting.

vCash
    Mathews is returning to school

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeyAce View Post
    Mathews is returning to school
    Yeah, he wouldn't have gone nearly as high as people were projecting him. Probably got a mid second round grade from the NFL.

vCash
    If he did, it's only because the draft advisory people undershoot every player they advise.
    On Cam Newton:

So it's official.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    If he did, it's only because the draft advisory people undershoot every player they advise.
    Except for the people who advised Darron Thomas. Who the hell told him it was a good idea to come out early?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast