Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_at_york View Post
    Is Utah really far under the cap or have some sort of trade exception?
    damn. temporary loss of sanity. my bad. i just thought Sanyo was expecting way too much in return and tried to tone it down.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    send Williams back as well then, scratch the future 1st

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Utah would probably prefer to keep Millsap over Jefferson.

I wouldn't mind seeing Jefferson for Bargnani and Calderon though.

vCash
    west 10 million (expiring)
    granger 13 million
    augustine 3.5 million (expiring)

total = 26.5 million

bargs 10 million
    calderon 10.5 million (expiring)
    kleiza 4.5 million (player option)
    lucas 1.5 million

total = 26.5 million

PACERS
    calderon/lucas/b.hansbrough
    hill/green
    george/kleiza
    bargs/t.hansbrough
    hibbert/mahimni

RAPTORS
    lowry/augustine
    ross/anderson
    derozan/fields
    west/davis
    jonas/amir

vCash
    how about going for antawn jamison? Perhaps a package deal with pau, blake, and antawn for andrea and jose? This thought is kind of out in left field but its something to think about. Antawn has expressed how he feels about his reduced role in LA and this may be the piece that gets the raptors thinking of taking on gasol's contract.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by airforce1 View Post
    how about going for antawn jamison? Perhaps a package deal with pau, blake, and antawn for andrea and jose? This thought is kind of out in left field but its something to think about. Antawn has expressed how he feels about his reduced role in LA and this may be the piece that gets the raptors thinking of taking on gasol's contract.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine
    really ? id rather keep bargs and calderon to be honest. blake sux and tobleron is better, id def rather keep him. and gasol is 32 with bad knees who knows how long they will last for.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 12-31-2012 at 04:37 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    really ? id rather keep bargs and calderon to be honest. blake sux and tobleron is better, id def rather keep him. and gasol is 32 with bad knees who knows how long they will last for.
    At this point Bargs is at an all time low and I think its going to be difficult to get anything significant for him. Maybe darius morris instead of blake? Its just a thought but antawn has been a productive 4 in the league for a long time. The only problem would be minute distribution at the 4 spot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by airforce1 View Post
    At this point Bargs is at an all time low and I think its going to be difficult to get anything significant for him. Maybe darius morris instead of blake? Its just a thought but antawn has been a productive 4 in the league for a long time. The only problem would be minute distribution at the 4 spot.
    antawn jamison is 36 years old. you sure you wanna get him ? gasol is 32 and has plantar fasciitis in both knees. thats what makes me skeptical about the trade

i know bargs value is low right now but he is younger and with calderon in the deal its not like we are just getting rid of bargs. i dont want a couple guys who will come here for a year or two and retire.

rather amnesty bargs at that point and just use the money on a free agent and try to re sign tobleron.

vCash
    FYI Plantar Fasciitis are in feet, not knees.

And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen

vCash
    antawn jamison is 36 years old. you sure you wanna get him ? gasol is 32 and has plantar fasciitis in both knees. thats what makes me skeptical about the trade

i know bargs value is low right now but he is younger and with calderon in the deal its not like we are just getting rid of bargs. i dont want a couple guys who will come here for a year or two and retire.

rather amnesty bargs at that point and just use the money on a free agent and try to re sign tobleron.
    Gasol may not need to come and play 30 minutes a game. We would have depth at that position and add some experience and age at the spot as well. Although bargs may not have a very high value atm, amnestying him would be a major mistake, especially with players like kleiza, who have little to no use and hold no value are on the team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by akesh99 View Post
    I'm as disappointed with Bargs as much as the next guy, but now is not the right time to trade him. His value is at al all time low and realistically we won't get anything of substance to help this team moving forward. Shorten his leash and relegate him to a bench role. This team we've seen recently is doing a much better job at spacing the floor and Bargnani's shooting may pick up given the fact that defences will be focusing more on our other players. We need to utilize him the rest of this season and try to raise his value as much as possible. In this offseason, revisit trading him and see what we can get but not now.
    This.. Bargs has no value right now and who's to say he won't get his shot back and lift the value.
    The Big Three!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbadmoffo View Post
    This.. Bargs has no value right now and who's to say he won't get his shot back and lift the value.
    i don't believe bargs will regain his form if he continue to play along side lowry. if lowry and bargs play both of the bench, bargs will remain equally ineffective. the only way to get bargs going is to play him with calderon and to call plays for him.

in other words i don't believe bargs has the right conditions to regain his form. more you keep him with the raptors lower his value will fall.

Champs will be champs...

vCash
    injury news has been very quiet on the Bargnani front. anyone know what the status of his injury is or how long he is expected to be out?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    injury news has been very quiet on the Bargnani front. anyone know what the status of his injury is or how long he is expected to be out?
    he didn't need surgery ... But no updates I know of

vCash
    he didn't need surgery ... But no updates I know of
    oddly quiet

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast