Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: what do do with corbin?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • keep corbin through the season and re-evaluate in the off-season

17 89.47%
  • let corbin coach out the season and fire him in the off-season

0 0%
  • fire corbin mid-season

2 10.53%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: fire corbin?

vCash

fire corbin?

we have a 'fire corbin bandwagon' thread started by jumba, i thought i'd try and get the pulse of the jazz fans in this forum in regards to corbin's job. do you want to keep corbin and re-evaluate at the end of the year, fire him in the off-season regardless, or fire him mid-season? if so, who should we tab as the next hc?
    HAWKS 13 -- 14 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

vCash
    I would go for letting him finish the season, but how we've lost games lately because of his ******** rotations, I cant physically stand to watch another game coached by him.
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    I would be shocked if they fired him midway through the season. heck I would be shocked if they fired him after the season barring a major letdown(top 10 finish for worst record). question is if we do fire him who do replace him with?

vCash
    JVG, McMillian, Mo Cheeks
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumba View Post
    JVG, McMillian, Mo Cheeks
    jvg-not sure he would come here and heck I would rather have svg
    mcmillen maybe, but not sure what he is even doing right now
    mo cheeks-nah he isnt better then ty

vCash

Who would you want as Coach?

I decided that since everyone wants Corbin's head on a block, I thought I would ask an interesting question, because the most logical thing that I could think of was that Jazz organization would bring in the staff to take over Corbin if we were to fire him/put him back into the assisstant's chair!

vCash
    sorry, but really don't need 3 threads on a head coach that is in no danger as of yet going to merge this

vCash
    Since the forums wouldn't let me makes this poll, I figured I would just put it here:

Which Assisstant Coach, would you rather have be Head Coach:

Tyrone Corbin
    Michael Sanders
    Jeff Hornacek
    Sidney Lowe

I want to ask this because if we do fire Corbin, then the most logical assumption is, one of these three other men will become intermin-head coach, and potentially the new coach! I personally see 2 names on this list besides Corbin who I want to look into more.

vCash
    Honestly for now, I say keep Corbin, but keep evaluations open all season, while you scout coaches all year. You never know who you might want, or when you might want them. I actually believe they will fire him if we are below .500 by the end of January. I mean losing half your games is bad even on a tougher schedule.

If things continue to get worst, which I don't think they will, then the organization will do the proper methods to find someone new. It is kind of annoying because the Jazz don't exactly post all of their inside dealings. We don't know if any player is gonna be gone by trade deadline, or if they have been looking for coaches.
    Last edited by RyanStorm; 12-30-2012 at 12:07 AM.

vCash
    sorry, dhop. i don't think it warrants 3 threads either, but we didn't have a poll. merging is a good idea.
    HAWKS 13 -- 14 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

vCash
    Corbin has an ego like all of us, and couldnt go back to being on staff. I dont think any of us could do that. Getting demoted and having a staffer below you take over your job while you help...

If I had to choose a interim coach, it would by Sydney Lowe. The guy looks like he has a identity that he wants to create. Got fire too.

And as for JVG, Cheeks and McMillan; Who wouldn't want to coach this young crop of guys in Utah. It's not like they're taking a wizards job or something.
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumba View Post
    Corbin has an ego like all of us, and couldnt go back to being on staff. I dont think any of us could do that. Getting demoted and having a staffer below you take over your job while you help...

If I had to choose a interim coach, it would by Sydney Lowe. The guy looks like he has a identity that he wants to create. Got fire too.

And as for JVG, Cheeks and McMillan; Who wouldn't want to coach this young crop of guys in Utah. It's not like they're taking a wizards job or something.
    I would also probably choose Lowe, because he would have Hornacek on his back. I mean Jeff has been on staff for a long time, he use to be player trainer and helped our players learn to shoot(which I wish he could coach Randy, Marvin and Jamaal cause they are on the brink of being great 3pt'ers every night!

vCash
    Wow. A fire Corbin thread? Really?

I say give the guy an extension. There is probably no team in the league that relies more on hard work and effort to win each night than the Jazz team. I realize some of you think Burks and Favors should be on the All-Star ballot and only a Corbin led conspiracy has held back their pre-ordained Kobe-esque super-stardom.

Good lord.

During a game in 1982, Frank Layden, then head coach of the Utah Jazz, had seen enough of his team's poor performance and wanted an early exit. Layden verbally abused Strom so he could get ejected from the game. Strom knew what he was trying to do, and when Layden asked why he didn't eject him, Strom replied, "I know what you're trying to do, Frank, but if I've got to stay out here and watch this $#!^, so do you".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HotRodsHair View Post

I say give the guy an extension. There is probably no team in the league that relies more on hard work and effort to win each night than the Jazz team. I realize some of you think Burks and Favors should be on the All-Star ballot and only a Corbin led conspiracy has held back their pre-ordained Kobe-esque super-stardom.

Good lord.
    I wouldn't say Kobe....But Hayward...maybe!

For the others, I wouldn't say Kobe, because they are so good, and better than LAC's bench because they work really good together and fit Jazz basketball! Our organization knows how to pick guys for our team. However they are not perfect, and these guys are human....Kobe isn't human!

I see Favors, Hayward and Burks in for the long run, and will become great players. Utah needs a new Stockton to Malone to get All Stars again, cause its a popularity contest, and Utah is generally not popular.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HotRodsHair View Post

Good lord.
    Hotrod, you cant honestly say Corbin is doing a good job with Rotations? I'm not saying I want Favors and all these players to start. But watching our team lose night after night because Corbin doesnt put in the bench earlier, or starts Foye, or plays the wrong players for the wrong situation is ridicules. I never thought I would see a Jazz team lose, not because of a lack of talent, but because of a lack of coaching.
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast