Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry777 View Post
    He'd be great with K-Rod
    Between he and K-Rod Collins would need to have daily Anger Management courses in the pen. Daily Affirmation with Terry Smalley: "You guys are good enough, you're crazy enough and doggone it people are scared of you. Now go strike these mother ******* out!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    The Wilpons will never sign a low character guy
    Then they should stay away from mirrors.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    He would be the first MLB caliber player they sign this off season.

Losing is ok, because we will definitely win in 2014, or so I'm told.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    You're wrong, it was 2112 like the Rush album.

vCash
    No one said that.

vCash
    Losing now is ok, because we're not supposed to win right now. We're in a great position to win in 2015 and beyond. We just need to be smart.

vCash
    2013 is the last year of rebuilding, they will spend next off season, most likely for an outfielder or two.

That's what everyone is saying.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    2013 is the last year of rebuilding, they will spend next off season, most likely for an outfielder or two.

The question is, do you expect us to give out a contract beyond 3-4 years? And if not, will we be able to acquire anyone who can make an impact on what IMO has got to be the worst outfield in baseball?

Short-term contracts will never be able to fix the glaring problem that this team has faced since 2008 (not coincidentally the last year we were relevant in September)...not having a legitimate power hitter. Maybe, maybe Davis can grow a bit more and become that...who knows.
    "We're snakebitten, baby." --Fred Wilpon

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    At this point, I think we should go after anybody who has major league experience.......

Shea Stadium Scoreboard May 31, 1964

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

East Flatbush to Canarsie to Roselle park
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    At this point, I think we should go after anybody who has major league experience.......
    Benny Agbayani, Jay Payton, and Timo Perez are all available, ah the good old days.lol do we ever have a good outfield

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    Losing now is ok, because we're not supposed to win right now. We're in a great position to win in 2015 and beyond. We just need to be smart.

Losing now is ok? It's never ok.

Not supposed to win? what does that even mean?

We're in a great position to finish 4th next year, that's the only position we are in.

vCash

So we'll be contending for the post-season in 2014 then?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ5382 View Post
    The question is, do you expect us to give out a contract beyond 3-4 years? And if not, will we be able to acquire anyone who can make an impact on what IMO has got to be the worst outfield in baseball?

Short-term contracts will never be able to fix the glaring problem that this team has faced since 2008 (not coincidentally the last year we were relevant in September)...not having a legitimate power hitter. Maybe, maybe Davis can grow a bit more and become that...who knows.
    If the player is on the wrong side of 30, I would be hesitant on doing that.
    Beltran was 27 when he signed with Mets and played as a 28 year older his 1st year. You are getting 3-4 prime years.

Bay on the other hand was 31. And everyone knows what happened after that.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    So we'll be contending for the post-season in 2014 then?
    We won't be punting like we did the 1st 3 years under Sandy, we should have a winning record. As for competing for the NL East title, that depends on who they sign next year. But with Harvey entering his 2nd full season and d'Arnaud & Wheeler entering their 1st full seasons along with their veterans, it looks like this franchise has a healthy future.

Even the most jaded fan would have to agree.

vCash
    We won't be punting like we did the 1st 3 years under Sandy, we should have a winning record. As for competing for the NL East title, that depends on who they sign next year. But with Harvey entering his 2nd full season and d'Arnaud & Wheeler entering their 1st full seasons along with their veterans, it looks like this franchise has a healthy future.

Even the most jaded fan would have to agree.

I'm not sure about not punting, the Mets are counting on a hell of a lot, and they have shown they don't want to spend and have loaded payroll on to next year already. If you're clearing the decks for a spend in 2014, why not pay off the credit card now?

Makes no sense.

The Mets have some nice prospects, no-one would disagree with that. They also have no OF, and no BP. Right now they have one PROVEN above average offensive player. Ike isn't proven. We just lost a CY winner, too. They won 74 games last year and were lucky to do so. Right now the team is worse than it was last year.

Has a healthy future? they've got a low payroll that's for sure.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast