Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS TURN! View Post
    If I was on the jets staff, I would have defiantly found a way to use tebow,dude is a football player and I blame our coaches for this mishap that happened. I'm not even a oc and I could think of 5 different ways I would have used him. Every time he was in you knew it was a run..that's not tebow s fault
    umm it's the read option ... Its tebow calls if he throw's, runs, or hands off and dont you remember he lined up at TE and the one time Mark thru him the ball he ducked so I really don't see our point.

Please all the Tebow fanatics can't stop making up excuses on why he is so good! But yet everyone else in the world sees him for what he is. He is a one trick pony side show and he is not even a good at doing it anymore.

vCash
    and the Jets staff did a great job finding out that he is hands down the best personal punt protector in the history of football. He is not a Rb or Te or Wr and certainly not a Qb no way he picks up a blitz at rb or blocks a DE as a TE or has mastered the art of the forward pass or even knows how to run a pattern as a Wr. He is just another big very athletic guy who doesn't have what it takes to play in the nfl but only thing he has is an army of fans that think he is still playing college football against the other couple thousand players that also dont have what it takes to play in the NFl

vCash
    he shoulda been released in august when it was clear his wildcat gimmick wasnt going too work

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS TURN! View Post
    If I was on the jets staff, I would have defiantly found a way to use tebow,dude is a football player and I blame our coaches for this mishap that happened. I'm not even a oc and I could think of 5 different ways I would have used him. Every time he was in you knew it was a run..that's not tebow s fault
    You know what's really funny about this. I think Rex had a plan to use him as a RB, FB, and TE. Why else have him bulk up. I was saying in the preseason that he needs to line up in all those spots, so that when he does run the WC it takes the defense by surprise.

When did the WC stop working for Sparano in Miami? When he would bring in the backup QB. When did it work? When the RB took the direct snap or lined up under center.

Why did it work last Sunday? Because no one thought Kerley would throw the ball. That first pass of his was underthrown by 20 yards, and Gates had to stop and come back for it. If the defense is playing the pass, that ball is lobbed into triple coverage and probably picked off.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aNYer View Post
    If our receivers could win the one on ones and O-line wasn't so porous we could have kept defenses honest by passing some out of it. Just enough that the couldn't bring the house all the time.

The reason I think taking the QB out isn't terrible is because usually in a running play QBs are no where near involved outside of maybe a cheap fake. Whether that's true or not, we don't know but rad Smith taking snaps didn't hurt our offense.

Where the argument could be made is that Mark is such a rhythm QB that maybe just going to the sideline could throw him off. But that's not a the way they are using Tebow issue, that is a helping the QB succeed issue. And I don't know that they have done that outside of this.
    I think the constant knocks on the O Line are unfair.

They haven't been elite as they were 2009/2010, fair enough - but they are still an above average unit.

The receivers we have left fit probably aren't good enough as a unit, but it isnt fair to blame the Line for Mark's poor performances over the season.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Brad Smith was on the field for a lot of plays as a WR. There was an element of surprise when he lined up under center.

Every time Tebow took the field, the defense knew exactly what was coming and they could substitute and call the right defensive play.

It was never going to work, and that's why it failed. Rex may have known that, but I don't think Sparano did.

As for brining in the backup to run out the game...you don't do that to your starting QB. The Tebow experiment was a bad idea from the start.
    This is why i'd hoped they were going to line him up at WR, TE, RB, H-back and QB. If they had put him on the field more frequently, who knows how it could have worked with him. It couldn't have been much worse than it was this year.

But it was pretty much doomed from the start.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    You know what's really funny about this. I think Rex had a plan to use him as a RB, FB, and TE. Why else have him bulk up. I was saying in the preseason that he needs to line up in all those spots, so that when he does run the WC it takes the defense by surprise.

When did the WC stop working for Sparano in Miami? When he would bring in the backup QB. When did it work? When the RB took the direct snap or lined up under center.

Why did it work last Sunday? Because no one thought Kerley would throw the ball. That first pass of his was underthrown by 20 yards, and Gates had to stop and come back for it. If the defense is playing the pass, that ball is lobbed into triple coverage and probably picked off.
    You first paragraph hit the nail on the head.. To me we just didn't use him right, I'm not a tebow lover or hater, i just think him and mark would have been better with better coaching on that side of the ball.
    NY JETS .we just can't win the games we need to win
    NY Yankees
    NY Knicks
    LETS BALL!!!

2013 NFL PSD MOCK DRAFT:
    1ST RD PICK 9: KEKE MINGO OLB
    2nd rd pick: Giovanni Bernard rb
    3rd rd pick: Zac dysert Qb
    4th rd pick: xavier nixon Og
    5th rd pick: D.C jefferson Te
    6th rd pick: Sio Moore Lb

vCash
    he should have been in the defensive gameplan vs. the Jaguars, thats how we should have handled him

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12