Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who wins offensive and defensive?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Andrew Luck

    27 20.61%
  • Robert Griffin III

    64 48.85%
  • Russell Wilson

    36 27.48%
  • Bobby Wagner

    15 11.45%
  • Luke Kuechly

    27 20.61%
  • Harrison Smith

    10 7.63%
  • Casey Heyward

    13 9.92%
  • Lavonte David

    4 3.05%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 327
  1. #106
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,124
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    Really? So if Rex Grossman and Tarvaris Jackson are still the QB's for there previous/current teams there playoff bound? Thats what your saying.
    dont put words in my mouth.

    and no, they would be middle of the pack teams. 5-8 wins. They were the final components to those franchises having competent playoff teams.

    Without Luck this year the Colts would still be in the bottom of the league because all other aspects of the team have been pretty bad. Special teams has been decent, but the defense and the running game have been mediocre at best.


    "In my eyes, life is likened to christian ideology... its molded into three parts best described by the divine comedy; inferno, purgatorio and paradiso. You can live it in self loathing and pity, obscurity and ambiguity, or with beauty and elegance. Does that make the ideology truth? no, it makes it an irrelevent metaphor." ;p

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Rookie of the year in my book belongs to Blair "legatron" Walsh
    why do people take one players nickname and use it for their player?
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,532
    vCash
    1500
    Griffin isn't even the best rookie on his team. Alfred Morris deserves more ROY consideration IMO.

    With that said, I have no problem with RG3 or Wilson getting the ROY, because frankly I still believe Luck will have the better career and is the better QB. Turnovers can be fixed. The fact that some people aren't even considering Luck is laughable to me though.

    Horrible offensive line
    Rookie RB (not even close to the level of Lynch or Morris)
    Two Rookie TE's
    Two Rookie recievers
    New 3-4 defense
    Interim Head coach

    Luck has had some ****** throws, but all 18 INT's aren't his fault(same goes with the fumbles). Colts fans will know this.

    People are too quick to judge Luck's play by his stats, when in reality his numbers don't tell the whole story.

  4. #109
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    4,404
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ombada View Post
    also i was in Thailand and Israel for all but the last two games of the season. It didnt stop me from watching every game.
    Wow, cool! You have a bigger fan penis than I do!

    I've still seen nothing from you that would even begin to make me take any of your arguments seriously.
    Magic. Red Sox. Colts. Knights.

  5. #110
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,124
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rlundi86 View Post
    Again, nothing tangible or credible. Your opinion of me being a 'fan' means nearly nothing to me. I don't know you or care to.

    You harp on my games watched. Conversely, how many Seahawks or Redskins games have you watched? Not many I presume. Does this render you incapable of forming an opinion of why they shouldn't be ROY? I'd love to hear your reasoning on that.

    I also like how you use the 11-5 record yet don't mention the Colts strength of schedule has been alarmingly easy. That's why many dont expect us to realistically contend.

    I'll mention it again: your opinion is essentially meaningless to me but I don't mind being entertained. I both love the Colts and despise homers so I will always point out asinine comments that reek of homerism, even if I have to contend with another 'fan.'
    Bold #1 - there is plenty that is tangible and credible, did you read the thread? its nothing but freaking stats... and for a stats jockey i would think you would be satistied.

    Bold #2 - This is not relevant. I never said RG3 and wilson sucked, or were undeserving. I think they are both deserving, but the award can only go to one player. I think, and have made more than enough of a case as to why, that Luck should win it. I dont believe he will, but i think he should.

    The difference here is that you claimed Luck was undeserving and shouldnt even be in the conversations. I have NEVER said anything even close to that about RG3 and Wilson because i dont believe it to be true.

    Bold #3 - Dude i could give a **** about you. Your not some anti homerism martyr. You are the same as any other fan. You have opinions, here it is that RG3 and Wilson are more deserving and Luck shouldnt be included in the conversation, and in being so biased and die hard about your opinion you are being the equivalent of what you hate the most sans the home team favoritism.


    "In my eyes, life is likened to christian ideology... its molded into three parts best described by the divine comedy; inferno, purgatorio and paradiso. You can live it in self loathing and pity, obscurity and ambiguity, or with beauty and elegance. Does that make the ideology truth? no, it makes it an irrelevent metaphor." ;p

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,124
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rlundi86 View Post
    Wow, cool! You have a bigger fan penis than I do!

    I've still seen nothing from you that would even begin to make me take any of your arguments seriously.
    haha, the way you defend yourself is ridiculous. Im not taking shots at you. All im saying is if you want to watch the games there are ways to do it. Dont make excuses.

    I dont have to prove myself to you. Ive made plenty of arguments, im too tired and too bored of this nonsense to re-post every argument I made in other threads.

    Im trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, thats why i even posted the link for you... if you want to see my arguments they are all there in plain day, if you dont then dont ***** about it.


    "In my eyes, life is likened to christian ideology... its molded into three parts best described by the divine comedy; inferno, purgatorio and paradiso. You can live it in self loathing and pity, obscurity and ambiguity, or with beauty and elegance. Does that make the ideology truth? no, it makes it an irrelevent metaphor." ;p

  7. #112
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,124
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSpurs23 View Post
    Griffin isn't even the best rookie on his team. Alfred Morris deserves more ROY consideration IMO.

    With that said, I have no problem with RG3 or Wilson getting the ROY, because frankly I still believe Luck will have the better career and is the better QB. Turnovers can be fixed. The fact that some people aren't even considering Luck is laughable to me though.

    Horrible offensive line
    Rookie RB (not even close to the level of Lynch or Morris)
    Two Rookie TE's
    Two Rookie recievers
    New 3-4 defense
    Interim Head coach

    Luck has had some ****** throws, but all 18 INT's aren't his fault(same goes with the fumbles). Colts fans will know this.

    People are too quick to judge Luck's play by his stats, when in reality his numbers don't tell the whole story.
    Agree with everything here.


    "In my eyes, life is likened to christian ideology... its molded into three parts best described by the divine comedy; inferno, purgatorio and paradiso. You can live it in self loathing and pity, obscurity and ambiguity, or with beauty and elegance. Does that make the ideology truth? no, it makes it an irrelevent metaphor." ;p

  8. #113
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,938
    vCash
    1437
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSpurs23 View Post
    Griffin isn't even the best rookie on his team. Alfred Morris deserves more ROY consideration IMO.

    With that said, I have no problem with RG3 or Wilson getting the ROY, because frankly I still believe Luck will have the better career and is the better QB. Turnovers can be fixed. The fact that some people aren't even considering Luck is laughable to me though.

    Horrible offensive line
    Rookie RB (not even close to the level of Lynch or Morris)
    Two Rookie TE's
    Two Rookie recievers
    New 3-4 defense
    Interim Head coach

    Luck has had some ****** throws, but all 18 INT's aren't his fault(same goes with the fumbles). Colts fans will know this.

    People are too quick to judge Luck's play by his stats, when in reality his numbers don't tell the whole story.
    I've watched Luck enough to know that even though some of his INTs weren't bad throws, but a lot of his TDs were bad throws that his WRs bailed him out of. He chucked the ball constantly, and the one that sticks out the most is his rookie TE Fleener pulling down a pass in triple coverage. He looked like Brett Favre out there.

    Regardless, ROTY isn't the "Pity Me for My Team's Short-Comings Despite My Hype Award". It's basically an individual's stat, so it should go to Wilson or RG3.

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,124
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I've watched Luck enough to know that even though some of his INTs weren't bad throws, but a lot of his TDs were bad throws that his WRs bailed him out of. He chucked the ball constantly, and the one that sticks out the most is his rookie TE Fleener pulling down a pass in triple coverage. He looked like Brett Favre out there.

    Regardless, ROTY isn't the "Pity Me for My Team's Short-Comings Despite My Hype Award". It's basically an individual's stat, so it should go to Wilson or RG3.
    but to not consider the circumstances that lead to the stats is irresponsible on the part of the voter.

    If you think that RG3 wont have a few points deducted for Cousins play, or Morris' ability, then i think your hoping for too much. But he will gain clout for his running stats and accuracy with a less than stellar offensive line.

    Also Wilson will get knocked for having a top defense, but gain clout for having fewer weapons on offense.

    Luck will get knocked for his INT's and Wayne on offense, but gain clout for late game wins and bad offensive line/defense.
    Last edited by ombada; 12-31-2012 at 02:32 PM.


    "In my eyes, life is likened to christian ideology... its molded into three parts best described by the divine comedy; inferno, purgatorio and paradiso. You can live it in self loathing and pity, obscurity and ambiguity, or with beauty and elegance. Does that make the ideology truth? no, it makes it an irrelevent metaphor." ;p

  10. #115
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St Thomas,Ontario
    Posts
    1,655
    vCash
    1250
    I voted for Luck and this is coming from a Titans fan.

  11. #116
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,034
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rlundi86 View Post
    Again, nothing tangible
    The only thing "tangible" in sports are stats. Since you keep harping on wanting something tangible, I presume you're a stats junky.

    I get so tired of this. Football is not baseball, it's a true team sport. If a QB throws a one yard pass that a RB turns takes 98 yards for a TD, what is "tangible" about that is it was a 99 yard TD pass by the QB. Period. In the stats junky world, that's all that matters. HOW the play occured is irrelevant, because there's nothing tangible about it.

    If a QB throws a perfect pass that bounces off a receivers hands and gets picked off, what's tangible about that is it's an INT. I could go on and on.

    I've got the Sunday Ticket and frequently watch the Redskins and Seahawks play. My "eyes" are not as impressed by either Griffin or Wilson as they are Luck.

    Since you live in FLA I'll assume you've seen NONE of the Redskins or Seahawks games, so other than being a stat junky, what is your opinion based on?

  12. #117
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,034
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I've watched Luck enough to know that even though some of his INTs weren't bad throws, but a lot of his TDs were bad throws that his WRs bailed him out of. He chucked the ball constantly, and the one that sticks out the most is his rookie TE Fleener pulling down a pass in triple coverage. He looked like Brett Favre out there.

    Regardless, ROTY isn't the "Pity Me for My Team's Short-Comings Despite My Hype Award". It's basically an individual's stat, so it should go to Wilson or RG3.

    I debunked your "throwing a pass into triple coverage to Fleener." claim last time you brought it up.

    Are you such a troll that you continue to bring it up knowing that you're wrong?

  13. #118
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,532
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I've watched Luck enough to know that even though some of his INTs weren't bad throws, but a lot of his TDs were bad throws that his WRs bailed him out of. He chucked the ball constantly, and the one that sticks out the most is his rookie TE Fleener pulling down a pass in triple coverage. He looked like Brett Favre out there.

    Regardless, ROTY isn't the "Pity Me for My Team's Short-Comings Despite My Hype Award". It's basically an individual's stat, so it should go to Wilson or RG3.
    I can agree with that. I'm not saying Luck doesn't make bad throws, because he does. He also holds onto the ball for way too long at times. I just think Luck has been asked to do a lot more with less. He barely has anytime in the pocket, and is constantly getting knocked around which is also why some of his throws aren't that great. When Luck has a clean pocket and is able to step into his throws he has been amazing.

    I'm not taking anything away from RG3 or Wilson, because they have had fantastic years. They also benefit greatly from very good RB's, which allows them to be very deadly in play action.
    Last edited by SanAntonioSpurs23; 12-31-2012 at 02:40 PM.

  14. #119
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    4,404
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ombada View Post
    Bold #1 - there is plenty that is tangible and credible, did you read the thread? its nothing but freaking stats... and for a stats jockey i would think you would be satistied.
    I started to peruse but got bored quickly with all the nonsensical excuses and rationalizations.

    Quote Originally Posted by ombada View Post
    Bold #2 - This is not relevant. I never said RG3 and wilson sucked, or were undeserving. I think they are both deserving, but the award can only go to one player. I think, and have made more than enough of a case as to why, that Luck should win it. I dont believe he will, but i think he should.
    Fair enough.

    Quote Originally Posted by ombada View Post
    The difference here is that you claimed Luck was undeserving and shouldnt even be in the conversations. I have NEVER said anything even close to that about RG3 and Wilson because i dont believe it to be true..
    Well I do, hence why I said it. See how that works?

    Quote Originally Posted by ombada View Post
    Bold #3 - Dude i could give a **** about you. Your not some anti homerism martyr. You are the same as any other fan. You have opinions, here it is that RG3 and Wilson are more deserving and Luck shouldnt be included in the conversation, and in being so biased and die hard about your opinion you are being the equivalent of what you hate the most sans the home team favoritism.
    You could give a **** about me? Um thanks? Do you mean you COULDN'T give a **** about me? Revise and resubmit.

    Here's why your opinion is suspect: most all the picks I've seen for ROY are for RGIII or secondarily, Wilson. Luck has been squarely in third place. Even so-called experts don't consider Luck a viable candidate, despite the douchebaggery that called PSD members ignorati for not choosing Luck The only sponsors I've seen for Luck are Colts fans. And the arguments for so haven't been reasonable.
    Magic. Red Sox. Colts. Knights.

  15. #120
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,124
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rlundi86 View Post
    I started to peruse but got bored quickly with all the nonsensical excuses and rationalizations.



    Fair enough.



    Well I do, hence why I said it. See how that works?



    You could give a **** about me? Um thanks? Do you mean you COULDN'T give a **** about me? Revise and resubmit.

    Here's why your opinion is suspect: most all the picks I've seen for ROY are for RGIII or secondarily, Wilson. Luck has been squarely in third place. Even so-called experts don't consider Luck a viable candidate, despite the douchebaggery that called PSD members ignorati for not choosing Luck The only sponsors I've seen for Luck are Colts fans. And the arguments for so haven't been reasonable.
    typos happen.

    cool. you have your opinion and side with the national media, congrats. Colts fans back luck because they watched their team all year. Some dont know what they are talking about pertaining to Luck and how the team has fared, a much smaller percentage does. A good majority of the voters for these awards have not seen every game or watched the coaches tape. Some havent even watched the nationally televised games. Theres nothing anyone can do about that. They will look at stats and make judgements based off of that, and its a shame. You didnt point out what about my argument is unreasonable other than saying 'nothing tangible or credible'... so i have nothing to respond to here.


    "In my eyes, life is likened to christian ideology... its molded into three parts best described by the divine comedy; inferno, purgatorio and paradiso. You can live it in self loathing and pity, obscurity and ambiguity, or with beauty and elegance. Does that make the ideology truth? no, it makes it an irrelevent metaphor." ;p

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •