Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who wins offensive and defensive?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Andrew Luck

    27 20.61%
  • Robert Griffin III

    64 48.85%
  • Russell Wilson

    36 27.48%
  • Bobby Wagner

    15 11.45%
  • Luke Kuechly

    27 20.61%
  • Harrison Smith

    10 7.63%
  • Casey Heyward

    13 9.92%
  • Lavonte David

    4 3.05%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 327
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    RG3's TD summary

    12 TD's ( more than half ) came against
    NO 31st ranked scoring defense
    Eagles 29th ranked scoring defense
    Dallas 24th ranked scoring defense

    He has 2 TD's against top 10 scoring defenses

    Wilson 11 TD's against top 10 scoring defenses.
    wilson has the better defense to put him in good scoring spots. wilson has also had most of his weapons all eyar, where josh mrogan was RG3 most consitant taregt with fred davis and garicons injuries. wilson also had a rookie in the bakc field and was asked to do much more. keep your homer glasses on all you want, RG3 was easily the more impressive rookie.


    and using just TD stats is not hurting my assement that you clealr yonly care about TDs, depsite RG3 being better in literally every other stat on arguebally the worse all around team of the two.
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedGreen1014 View Post
    For me it's gotta be Wilson. He wasn't as hyped as rgIII or luck (who were supposed to be really good) and he comes in and ties Peyton mannings rookie passing TD record an runs for a few more, although he's not the runner griffin is, he's still an effective runner. He I te highest rated passer of EVERY qb since week 5 or 6 or something like that. He is incredible efficient, completes a very high percentage of his passes, an IMO he has less to work with than Luck and Griffin offensively. Sidney rice and golden tate or okay, but luck has Wayne, Hilton, and slew of other productive receivers. No disrespect to griffin but IMO I go Wilson, then griffin, then luck.
    which menas theres no pressur eon him and things should be eaiser. living up to hype is much ahrder than exceeding non-hype
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,135
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rlundi86 View Post
    I think RGIII should win it, but I would have no gripes with Wilson.

    But under no circumstances should Luck be even mentioned, and this is coming from a Colts fan.
    Why? and ive never seen you in the Colts forum. Never.


    "In my eyes, life is likened to christian ideology... its molded into three parts best described by the divine comedy; inferno, purgatorio and paradiso. You can live it in self loathing and pity, obscurity and ambiguity, or with beauty and elegance. Does that make the ideology truth? no, it makes it an irrelevent metaphor." ;p

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    4,515
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ombada View Post
    Why? and ive never seen you in the Colts forum. Never.
    Have you ever seen me in real life? Does that mean that I don't exist?
    Magic. Red Sox. Colts. Knights.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    4,515
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ombada View Post
    Why? and ive never seen you in the Colts forum. Never.
    Without being an abject homer, please make a case for Andrew Luck. Keep in mind his paltry completion percentage, easy strength of schedule and juxtaposition next to what RGIII and Wilson have done.
    Magic. Red Sox. Colts. Knights.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,058
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rlundi86 View Post
    Without being an abject homer, please make a case for Andrew Luck. Keep in mind his paltry completion percentage, easy strength of schedule and juxtaposition next to what RGIII and Wilson have done.
    Have you watched a single Colts game this year? doubt it.

    There's a reason the people who matter, the people doing the voting, (as opposed to the Ignorati here on PSD) all have Luck as the favorite to win ROY, not the least of which is they aren't looking at stats, they're watching these guys play.

    Luck all year has been chucking the ball further down the field then any QB in the league, which is one of the reasons for his low completion percentage, not to mention he's been throwing to rookies (with the exception of wayne) all year as well, leading to drops, poorly run routes and INT's that should not have been.

    Luck has, frankly, done more with less than any of the others. Not to mention he took a team that was 2-14 last year to 11-5 this year.

    Luck has been running a full fledged offense from the get to. Both Wilson and Griffin have been playing in dumbed down offenses tailored specifically to them. And as we saw we Newton this year, expect the same to happen to Wilson and Griffin next year once the DC's have time to study the film on them.

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,135
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rlundi86 View Post
    Have you ever seen me in real life? Does that mean that I don't exist?
    Thats not relevant. Im not questioning your existence. Why wouldnt a Colts fan come into the Colts forum where the usual topic of conversation is the Colts. At least poke your head in to see whats up.


    "In my eyes, life is likened to christian ideology... its molded into three parts best described by the divine comedy; inferno, purgatorio and paradiso. You can live it in self loathing and pity, obscurity and ambiguity, or with beauty and elegance. Does that make the ideology truth? no, it makes it an irrelevent metaphor." ;p

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    4,515
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVicster View Post
    Have you watched a single Colts game this year? doubt it.

    There's a reason the people who matter, the people doing the voting, (as opposed to the Ignorati here on PSD) all have Luck as the favorite to win ROY, not the least of which is they aren't looking at stats, they're watching these guys play.

    Luck all year has been chucking the ball further down the field then any QB in the league, which is one of the reasons for his low completion percentage, not to mention he's been throwing to rookies (with the exception of wayne) all year as well, leading to drops, poorly run routes and INT's that should not have been.

    Luck has, frankly, done more with less than any of the others. Not to mention he took a team that was 2-14 last year to 11-5 this year.

    Luck has been running a full fledged offense from the get to. Both Wilson and Griffin have been playing in dumbed down offenses tailored specifically to them. And as we saw we Newton this year, expect the same to happen to Wilson and Griffin next year once the DC's have time to study the film on them.
    Actually I've seen 3 or 4 Colts games this season. It's not easy because I'm in Florida and the Colts don't have Manning and aren't on tv every other week.

    And who is picking Luck to win? Everything I've heard has gone to RGIII or Wilson. I've seen nothing from you that's even remotely tangible -- all your arguments amount to excuses. The fact is he still has a subpar completion percentage, who the hell cares why? RGIII and Wilson have been better, hands down.
    Magic. Red Sox. Colts. Knights.

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,135
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rlundi86 View Post
    Without being an abject homer, please make a case for Andrew Luck. Keep in mind his paltry completion percentage, easy strength of schedule and juxtaposition next to what RGIII and Wilson have done.
    As for this ^^^ ive made the case so many times im tired of talking about it. He has the best case. Check the RG3 vs Luck for ROY thread. I even threw out a bit of info in this thread, if you read threads before posting in them, you would have seen that.

    Ive addressed the completion percentage before. This is something that fans who dont watch the Colts usually bring up. I dont know weather or not you do, but if you want to know what i think about that look up old posts, or go back a few pages on this thread.

    @bold - What is it that they have done that Luck hasnt done? He lead his team to the playoffs, with the best record among rookies and the least productive supporting cast, setting multiple records, without his coach. I dont know what else you want?


    "In my eyes, life is likened to christian ideology... its molded into three parts best described by the divine comedy; inferno, purgatorio and paradiso. You can live it in self loathing and pity, obscurity and ambiguity, or with beauty and elegance. Does that make the ideology truth? no, it makes it an irrelevent metaphor." ;p

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    4,515
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ombada View Post
    Thats not relevant. Im not questioning your existence. Why wouldnt a Colts fan come into the Colts forum where the usual topic of conversation is the Colts. At least poke your head in to see whats up.
    Clearly you don't possess ability to understand metaphors.

    I also rarely venture into Red Sox forums, or Magic forums for that matter, but I'm still a fan. But more important than that is I have no reason nor desire to explain myself to you and the fact that I've done so already is a testament that I'm giving you way too much credence. That will end here

    You wanna talk football? Give me your argument as to how Luck has been better than the other rookies. And if you could leave your homer glasses off for this one, that'd be great, thanks.
    Magic. Red Sox. Colts. Knights.

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,135
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rlundi86 View Post
    Clearly you don't possess ability to understand metaphors.

    I also rarely venture into Red Sox forums, or Magic forums for that matter, but I'm still a fan. But more important than that is I have no reason nor desire to explain myself to you and the fact that I've done so already is a testament that I'm giving you way too much credence. That will end here

    You wanna talk football? Give me your argument as to how Luck has been better than the other rookies. And if you could leave your homer glasses off for this one, that'd be great, thanks.
    Haha, wow. I understood your metaphor, but you just proclaimed that you have only seen 3 or 4 games, thats not enough for you to come out and make such a bold statement about Luck not being deserving of ROY, then backing that statement up by calling yourself a Colts 'fan'. If you want to say he doesnt deserve it, i have no problem with that, plenty of people say that, but for you to use your fan status as reason people should take your word for it, at least watch a few more games and try not to be a stat jockey.

    I am tired of talking about this topic. There are no homer glasses involved. Luck has carried his team, the other two have not had to. Luck has set Multiple records, The other two have one each. Lucks team has the best record of the bunch and last year the team he was drafted to had the worst record of the bunch.

    If you want to know specifically how i feel, read the case ive made here: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...783525&page=35

    and this article that jump started that whole argument.

    http://www.stampedeblue.com/2012/12/...-and-heres-why


    "In my eyes, life is likened to christian ideology... its molded into three parts best described by the divine comedy; inferno, purgatorio and paradiso. You can live it in self loathing and pity, obscurity and ambiguity, or with beauty and elegance. Does that make the ideology truth? no, it makes it an irrelevent metaphor." ;p

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,135
    vCash
    1500
    also i was in Thailand and Israel for all but the last two games of the season. It didnt stop me from watching every game.


    "In my eyes, life is likened to christian ideology... its molded into three parts best described by the divine comedy; inferno, purgatorio and paradiso. You can live it in self loathing and pity, obscurity and ambiguity, or with beauty and elegance. Does that make the ideology truth? no, it makes it an irrelevent metaphor." ;p

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    16,850
    vCash
    1200
    Quote Originally Posted by ombada View Post
    Haha, wow. I understood your metaphor, but you just proclaimed that you have only seen 3 or 4 games, thats not enough for you to come out and make such a bold statement about Luck not being deserving of ROY, then backing that statement up by calling yourself a Colts 'fan'. If you want to say he doesnt deserve it, i have no problem with that, plenty of people say that, but for you to use your fan status as reason people should take your word for it, at least watch a few more games and try not to be a stat jockey.

    I am tired of talking about this topic. There are no homer glasses involved. Luck has carried his team, the other two have not had to. Luck has set Multiple records, The other two have one each. Lucks team has the best record of the bunch and last year the team he was drafted to had the worst record of the bunch.

    If you want to know specifically how i feel, read the case ive made here: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...783525&page=35

    and this article that jump started that whole argument.

    http://www.stampedeblue.com/2012/12/...-and-heres-why
    Really? So if Rex Grossman and Tarvaris Jackson are still the QB's for there previous/current teams there playoff bound? Thats what your saying.

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville/Alliance, Ohio
    Posts
    6,793
    vCash
    1500
    Rookie of the year in my book belongs to Blair "legatron" Walsh


    I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    4,515
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ombada View Post
    Haha, wow. I understood your metaphor, but you just proclaimed that you have only seen 3 or 4 games, thats not enough for you to come out and make such a bold statement about Luck not being deserving of ROY, then backing that statement up by calling yourself a Colts 'fan'. If you want to say he doesnt deserve it, i have no problem with that, plenty of people say that, but for you to use your fan status as reason people should take your word for it, at least watch a few more games and try not to be a stat jockey.

    I am tired of talking about this topic. There are no homer glasses involved. Luck has carried his team, the other two have not had to. Luck has set Multiple records, The other two have one each. Lucks team has the best record of the bunch and last year the team he was drafted to had the worst record of the bunch.

    If you want to know specifically how i feel, read the case ive made here: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...783525&page=35

    and this article that jump started that whole argument.

    http://www.stampedeblue.com/2012/12/...-and-heres-why
    Again, nothing tangible or credible. Your opinion of me being a 'fan' means nearly nothing to me. I don't know you or care to.

    You harp on my games watched. Conversely, how many Seahawks or Redskins games have you watched? Not many I presume. Does this render you incapable of forming an opinion of why they shouldn't be ROY? I'd love to hear your reasoning on that.

    I also like how you use the 11-5 record yet don't mention the Colts strength of schedule has been alarmingly easy. That's why many dont expect us to realistically contend.

    I'll mention it again: your opinion is essentially meaningless to me but I don't mind being entertained. I both love the Colts and despise homers so I will always point out asinine comments that reek of homerism, even if I have to contend with another 'fan.'
    Magic. Red Sox. Colts. Knights.

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •