Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who wins offensive and defensive?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Andrew Luck

    27 20.61%
  • Robert Griffin III

    64 48.85%
  • Russell Wilson

    36 27.48%
  • Bobby Wagner

    15 11.45%
  • Luke Kuechly

    27 20.61%
  • Harrison Smith

    10 7.63%
  • Casey Heyward

    13 9.92%
  • Lavonte David

    4 3.05%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 327
  1. #166
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,511
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by kpak76 View Post
    That is very very true, but he cant so that effects his decision. No one knows how RG3 or Wilson would do on that Colts team, and if Luck was on the Hawks he could have even better numbers than Wilson, we will never know.

    Also, I was pointing out how you told someone to throw stats out when making a comparrion on Luck. It seemed to me you where doing this with the other two as well.
    Nah, I know that RG3 and Wilson have put up the better numbers. I was just trying to say that stats don't always tell the whole story. I didn't mean to exclude RG3 or Wilson from that statement.

    I won't be mad at whoever gets the ROY, because in my opinion you can make a case for all three QB's. (Some might have a stronger case than others....)

  2. #167
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    845
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSpurs23 View Post
    Nah, I know that RG3 and Wilson have put up the better numbers. I was just trying to say that stats don't always tell the whole story. I didn't mean to exclude RG3 or Wilson from that statement.

    I won't be mad at whoever gets the ROY, because in my opinion you can make a case for all three QB's. (Some might have a stronger case than others....)
    I hear you, though when the numbers go as bad as it is for Luck, I dont know how he keeps winning. He doesn't have nearly the team Sanchez had.

    And because those numbers are so bad, you can make a better case for 3 rookies over Luck. They are all on playoff teams and have superior numbers compared to Luck so the numbers has to be a leading factor.

    I dont get how Luck is getting all this attention when RG3 has been on a more impressive run. He took a 3-6 team and led that team to a division title. How is that not more impressive than turning a 2-14 team to a 11-5 team? The skins where out of the hunt at the midpoint in the season.

  3. #168
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,511
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by kpak76 View Post
    I hear you, though when the numbers go as bad as it is for Luck, I dont know how he keeps winning. He doesn't have nearly the team Sanchez had.

    And because those numbers are so bad, you can make a better case for 3 rookies over Luck. They are all on playoff teams and have superior numbers compared to Luck so the numbers has to be a leading factor.

    I dont get how Luck is getting all this attention when RG3 has been on a more impressive run. He took a 3-6 team and led that team to a division title. How is that not more impressive than turning a 2-14 team to a 11-5 team? The skins where out of the hunt at the midpoint in the season.

    He keeps winning because he is extremely effective in the 4th quarter. Most rookies get rattled when they throw 2+ picks and fumble the ball, but Luck keeps his composure and goes out and wins close games. His 4th quarter numbers are very impressive.

    I disagree with the RG3 statement. Luck has had 100 times more pressure. Number 1 pick (controversial non the less), having to fill the shoes of Peyton Manning, 2-14 team with a new coach, new defense, new offensive scheme, 5 rookies at skill positions on offense, "experts" labeling the team as a rebuilding. Make shift offensive line with injuries to key players etc.... They also play in a division where the general consensus (until recently) was that the Texans would run away with the AFC. RG3 has missed playing time already, and when he went out the Redskins didn't really miss a beat. Kirk Cousins came in a rallied the team to 2 wins.
    Last edited by SanAntonioSpurs23; 12-31-2012 at 07:28 PM.

  4. #169
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    845
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSpurs23 View Post
    He keeps winning because he is extremely effective in the 4th quarter. Most rookies get rattled when they throw 2+ picks and fumble the ball, but Luck keeps his composure and goes out and wins close games. His 4th quarter numbers are very impressive.

    I disagree with the RG3 statement. Luck has had 100 times more pressure. Number 1 pick (controversial non the less), having to fill the shoes of Peyton Manning, 2-14 team with a new coach, new defense, new offensive scheme, 5 rookies at skill positions on offense, "experts" labeling the team as a rebuilding. Make shift offensive line with injuries to key players etc.... They also play in a division where the general consensus (until recently) was that the Texans would run away with the AFC. RG3 has missed playing time already, and when he went out the Redskins didn't really miss a beat. Kirk Cousins came in a rallied the team to 2 wins.
    It's a toss up, but obviously I am leaning towards RG3 having the more impressive run. I just think the Skins are in a tougher division. So them coming back from 3-6 in the same season is more impressive of a run. If Luck can translate his 4th quarter peformance to the other 3 quarters, he would have been a shoe-in for ROY.

  5. #170
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Andrew Luck's world
    Posts
    74,281
    vCash
    1500
    Obviously a biased media source, but I think good arguments are made:

    Rookie of the Year: Andrew Luck. I don’t believe he’ll get it, but he should. Washington’s Robert Griffin III seems to be the front-runner although I won’t be surprised if Seattle’s Russell Wilson chases him down. For the past month I’ve looked at reasons Luck won’t get the nod: 18 interceptions, 54.1 completion percentage, 76.5 passer rating. But here’s the argument that matters: No team has asked its rookie QB to do more. Arians opened the playbook and had Luck use virtually every page. It’s been an aggressive, down-the-field approach. Luck passed for an NFL rookie-record 4,374 yards despite being sacked 41 times, relentlessly roughed up and being supported by a No. 22-ranked running game and a No. 26-ranked defense. How do you ignore the seven game-winning drives in the fourth quarter and overtime? The kid finds a way. I’m not going to diss RG3 or Wilson. They’ve had outstanding seasons. But Griffin had rookie RB Alfred Morris and the league’s No. 1-ranked rushing attack. And Wilson was supported by RB Marshawn Lynch, the No. 3-ranked rushing attack and the league’s No. 4-ranked defense. Luck did more with less.
    http://blogs.indystar.com/coltsinsid...l-recognition/
    2014 Indianapolis Colts: Let's Hunt

    <3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

  6. #171
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fife, WA
    Posts
    23,191
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSpurs23 View Post
    ROY should be Wilson>Morris> RG3> Luck

    Luck however is more important to his team then all three of those players and to not give credit for what Luck has done is asinine.
    People give credit to Luck all the time. Everyone knows his situation, what his upside is, what he's been asked to do, what he's working with, etc. This is a ROTY thread, and he's been outplayed by multiple players and it's not close. It is what it is, but Colt's fans are sooooo dug in trying to polish the crap numbers he's produced and say he's the ROTY. He just isn't.

  7. #172
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Donating blood: Red and Gold+
    Posts
    30,186
    vCash
    9165
    RGIII and it shouldn't be close, but if it was close, Luke Kuechly would be a close second.


    Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

    lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana


    Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

  8. #173
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fife, WA
    Posts
    23,191
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSpurs23 View Post
    You're right I miss read your original post. However I'm still not sure what your're talking about. My argument has never been Luck over RG3 or Wilson for ROY.

    I've just been saying that Luck deserves more credit than what he has been given. His stats aren't the greatest, but in crunch time when the game has been on the line he delivers.
    If he wasn't turning the ball over all game, he might be running out the clock instead.
    Last edited by FWBrodie; 12-31-2012 at 09:55 PM.

  9. #174
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,014
    vCash
    1500
    This thread has become hilarious to me. It's essentially redskins homers and Seattle homers pimping their players because their teams have been so irrelevant for so long they just can't help themselves. Throw in the Colt haters and you've got a triumvirate, lol.

    Next year when Wilson and Griffin become this years Newton, lets revisit this thread. ))

  10. #175
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    17,488
    vCash
    1150
    Quote Originally Posted by kpak76 View Post
    Dude are you thinking yards are the end all and be all of stat? You realize he threw the ball more than 200 times than the rest right? Look at YPA and Luck is middle of the pack in the NFL while RG3 is top and Wilson is only a few spots back. YPA is a more objective stat than total yards.
    Why should they be subjective, that defeats the purpose of ignorance.

  11. #176
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    17,488
    vCash
    1150
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    wilson has the better defense to put him in good scoring spots. wilson has also had most of his weapons all eyar, where josh mrogan was RG3 most consitant taregt with fred davis and garicons injuries. wilson also had a rookie in the bakc field and was asked to do much more. keep your homer glasses on all you want, RG3 was easily the more impressive rookie.


    and using just TD stats is not hurting my assement that you clealr yonly care about TDs, depsite RG3 being better in literally every other stat on arguebally the worse all around team of the two.
    Right say Wilson's defense helps him but totally discount the defenses they face. Ignorance at its finest.

  12. #177
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,955
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVicster View Post
    This thread has become hilarious to me. It's essentially redskins homers and Seattle homers pimping their players because their teams have been so irrelevant for so long they just can't help themselves. Throw in the Colt haters and you've got a triumvirate, lol.

    Next year when Wilson and Griffin become this years Newton, lets revisit this thread. ))
    Why didn't you throw Luck in that group? Could this comment perhaps be racially charged?

  13. #178
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fife, WA
    Posts
    23,191
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVicster View Post
    This thread has become hilarious to me. It's essentially redskins homers and Seattle homers pimping their players because their teams have been so irrelevant for so long they just can't help themselves. Throw in the Colt haters and you've got a triumvirate, lol.

    Next year when Wilson and Griffin become this years Newton, lets revisit this thread. ))
    Seahawks have been in the playoffs 7 of the past 10 seasons. In what universe is that an irrelevant team?

  14. #179
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,014
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    Seahawks have been in the playoffs 7 of the past 10 seasons. In what universe is that an irrelevant team?
    When did they win the SB?

  15. #180
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Donating blood: Red and Gold+
    Posts
    30,186
    vCash
    9165
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVicster View Post
    When did they win the SB?


    Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

    lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana


    Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •