Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who wins offensive and defensive?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Andrew Luck

27 20.61%
  • Robert Griffin III

64 48.85%
  • Russell Wilson

36 27.48%
  • Bobby Wagner

15 11.45%
  • Luke Kuechly

27 20.61%
  • Harrison Smith

10 7.63%
  • Casey Heyward

13 9.92%
  • Lavonte David

4 3.05%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lobster View Post
    I think Wilson suffers due to the fact that Seattles D would have won them games either way.............but Wilson most years would have won it. The negative reaction from the failmarry hurts too.
    Give me a break.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    Give me a break.
    No thanks.
    Eat Lobster

vCash
    and the Skins played in the NFC east....................................
    Am I missing something? What's so great about the NFC east?

vCash
    I think Wilson suffers due to the fact that Seattles D would have won them games either way.............but Wilson most years would have won it. The negative reaction from the failmarry hurts too.
    My vote goes for RG3 but trust me if Wilson played for the Jets or somebody like that he would not be hidden like he is up here in the North West he would get a lot more attention.

vCash
    why isnt alfred morris up there??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    Oh, and Wilson tied Manning's rookie TD record today.
    He could have broken it, he had Miller open in the endzone but he ran it in instead.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kpak76 View Post
    He could have broken it, he had Miller open in the endzone but he ran it in instead.
    Well Manning had no rushing TD's his rookie year, Wilson had 4. I wonder what the combined record is. Gotta assume Wilson broke that one.

Also, Manning had 28 picks as a rook, Wilson only threw 10.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVicster View Post
    Have you watched a single Colts game this year? doubt it.

There's a reason the people who matter, the people doing the voting, (as opposed to the Ignorati here on PSD) all have Luck as the favorite to win ROY, not the least of which is they aren't looking at stats, they're watching these guys play.

Luck all year has been chucking the ball further down the field then any QB in the league, which is one of the reasons for his low completion percentage, not to mention he's been throwing to rookies (with the exception of wayne) all year as well, leading to drops, poorly run routes and INT's that should not have been.

Luck has, frankly, done more with less than any of the others. Not to mention he took a team that was 2-14 last year to 11-5 this year.

Luck has been running a full fledged offense from the get to. Both Wilson and Griffin have been playing in dumbed down offenses tailored specifically to them. And as we saw we Newton this year, expect the same to happen to Wilson and Griffin next year once the DC's have time to study the film on them.
    It is clear you have not watched any Seahawks or Redskins game. RG3 and Wilson most certainly where NOT running a dummy downed offense. You are projecting something that happened during the first 6 weeks to Wilson (not sure on RG3) and thinking that was the whole season. Also, running a dummy downed offense during the first 6 weeks hurt Wilson not helped him. When you reign in a stud because you don't know he is a stud, your liable to hurt your production. Which is exactly what happened to the Hawks in the early part of the season. Having reigns put on don't help your numbers.
    Last edited by kpak76; 12-31-2012 at 05:44 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ombada View Post
    As for this ^^^ ive made the case so many times im tired of talking about it. He has the best case. Check the RG3 vs Luck for ROY thread. I even threw out a bit of info in this thread, if you read threads before posting in them, you would have seen that.

Ive addressed the completion percentage before. This is something that fans who dont watch the Colts usually bring up. I dont know weather or not you do, but if you want to know what i think about that look up old posts, or go back a few pages on this thread.

@bold - What is it that they have done that Luck hasnt done? He lead his team to the playoffs, with the best record among rookies and the least productive supporting cast, setting multiple records, without his coach. I dont know what else you want?
    You can try to justify it all you want. But Lucks biggest stat is turning a 2-14 team into a 11-5 team. His actual QB numbers are very Sanchesesque. That is going to hurt him not help him. Especially since the other 2 are putting up numbers never seen before by QB's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kpak76 View Post
    You can try to justify it all you want. But Lucks biggest stat is turning a 2-14 team into a 11-5 team. His actual QB numbers are very Sanchesesque. That is going to hurt him not help him. Especially since the other 2 are putting up numbers never seen before by QB's.
    What are you talking about? he has the most yds, attempts and game winning drives. plus 3 more records that have never been seen before by rookie QB's.

Anyway, it doesnt matter. Advanced statistics says Luck is the #4 QB in the NFL, while RG3 and Wilson are like 11 and 12. Its a better gauge than the stupid counting stats that most people cant let go of.

I dont care who wins this award, in 5 years Luck will be the best QB of this draft class.

"In my eyes, life is likened to christian ideology... its molded into three parts best described by the divine comedy; inferno, purgatorio and paradiso. You can live it in self loathing and pity, obscurity and ambiguity, or with beauty and elegance. Does that make the ideology truth? no, it makes it an irrelevent metaphor." ;p

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSpurs23 View Post
    Griffin isn't even the best rookie on his team. Alfred Morris deserves more ROY consideration IMO.

With that said, I have no problem with RG3 or Wilson getting the ROY, because frankly I still believe Luck will have the better career and is the better QB. Turnovers can be fixed. The fact that some people aren't even considering Luck is laughable to me though.

Horrible offensive line
    Rookie RB (not even close to the level of Lynch or Morris)
    Two Rookie TE's
    Two Rookie recievers
    New 3-4 defense
    Interim Head coach

Luck has had some ****** throws, but all 18 INT's aren't his fault(same goes with the fumbles). Colts fans will know this.

People are too quick to judge Luck's play by his stats, when in reality his numbers don't tell the whole story.
    And your too quick to throw out the stats of the other 2 when making these judgements. It is working both ways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AjBurnett View Post
    I voted for Luck and this is coming from a Titans fan.
    Probably because you've seen more of Luck vs RG3 or Wilson as a Titans fan so you being a Titans fan doesn't give you more cred.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ombada View Post
    Yeah, thats cool. The Giants and Eagles had a down year. It was a tough division though. Does that decide ROY?
    No because if it did, neither Luck or RG3 can hold a candle to Wilsons schedule. And the NFC West has been the best division in football.

vCash
    NOT, we had Tavaris Jackson last year. That should tell you how much of an improvement this years team is WITH Russell.

vCash
    No thanks.
    How about coming up with better reasons than an elite D and the "fail mary" on why Wilson shouldn't get it? None of those are really a legit reason.

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast