Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

D'Antoni's Random Benchings

We all saw his antics in NY. The Steph debacle. Constantly screwing with Nate Robinson and then later Jordan Hill, while showing unwavering devotion to Gallo and Duhon.

Now here we go again. Messed with Gasol at first, now Jamison can't get off the bench which is one of the worst in the league. Hill has been in and out, sometimes big minutes sometimes DNP's. Grandstanding in the media.

Is there a rhyme or reason to this dude is or is he really just totally clueless? It's like he's not even coaching, his substitutions are like a kid playing nba 2k.

BRIA MYLES.....SWAG!

vCash
    He's just swaggin' and trollin' for the lulz of PSD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Starks View Post
    We all saw his antics in NY. The Steph debacle. Constantly screwing with Nate Robinson and then later Jordan Hill, while showing unwavering devotion to Gallo and Duhon.

Now here we go again. Messed with Gasol at first, now Jamison can't get off the bench which is one of the worst in the league. Hill has been in and out, sometimes big minutes sometimes DNP's. Grandstanding in the media.

Is there a rhyme or reason to this dude is or is he really just totally clueless? It's like he's not even coaching, his substitutions are like a kid playing nba 2k.
    The man rotations are so terrible. The fact the morris starts makes me want to shoot myself. He had a rotation the other day of duhon, morris, meeks, hill, howard. Jamison was a beast when he played and now the man can't get a minute. Mike d has been pissing me the **** off.

vCash
    im really surprised jamison can't get off the bench.. he's supposed to be a key role player in everyteam. dantoni sucks.

vCash
    He's been trying to find the right mixtures. You know no training camp . Limited practices. He's experimenting clearly. Every1 knows Mike D only goes 8 players deep if he can maybe 9 tops in his normal rotations

Standing on Sacred Ground

When the season starts and the blatant homerism subsides, people will realize the 2 biggest flaws on our team. MAYBE??

vCash
    The Lakers are poor in defending and Jamison would just add to their defensive woes. He isn't strong enough to guard PF/C and is too slow to defend SF where D'Antoni wants to play him. Hill offers more in defense and rebounding, and while he isn't a premier scorer, Los Angeles has a multitude of those. I think we'll have a better assessment of the team towards the end of January. Los Angeles plays the Clippers, Heat, Thunder, Spurs, and Grizzlies next month.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyTeam View Post
    The Lakers are poor in defending and Jamison would just add to their defensive woes. He isn't strong enough to guard PF/C and is too slow to defend SF where D'Antoni wants to play him. Hill offers more in defense and rebounding, and while he isn't a premier scorer, Los Angeles has a multitude of those. I think we'll have a better assessment of the team towards the end of January. Los Angeles plays the Clippers, Heat, Thunder, Spurs, and Grizzlies next month.

Jamison is a shaky defender against starters but against 2nd tier bench players he should be ok. Plus he'd be in tandem with MWP to help him out.

I get starting Hill but Jamison not being able to get off a bench that struggles to score is beyond ridiculous....

BRIA MYLES.....SWAG!

vCash
    There is a reason besides Melo he got fired from NY-_-

vCash
    Never thought I would be saying I miss Mike Brown!!

( no homo )

BRIA MYLES.....SWAG!

vCash
    I will say that there just aren't any mins left at the pf spot for Jamison. He can't play sf really because he can't defend anyone. Another problem is that we're winning with him sitting. We won 6 of 7 with him not playing.

What's surprising is that dantoni has actually opted for defense over offense

vCash
    the lakers had 3 prime candidates for their job but through bad relations, they killed them. Brian Shaw was the obvious choice to takeover for Phil Jackson when he retired. Has Phil Jackson's protogee and had the support of the players and kobe in particular. Had Jim Buss not burned the Phil Jackson and everyone associated with him bridge then the lakes would have had a much smoother transition and Kobe would be looking at his 6th and possibly 7th ring. Instead they decide to get Mike Brown to teach his ****** offense then decide to have him change to the Princeton then they fired him and hired Dantoni who has another ridiculous system. The fact is Howard Paul and Kobe are built to play a halfcourt post up and beat em system and nash is built to play in the Dantoni system. Why they chose to go with Nash over the 3 other stars is beyond me. Dantoni will run Kobe Nash and Pau into the gound playing them 40+ mins, he is so scared of losing his job right now and the expectations that he will play 36 year old Kobe 40+ mins.

vCash
    are they winning right now?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Starks View Post

If you don't watch the games why post?

The Lakers have won 5 of 6 and have improved their defense in the last few games...finally. Starting Morris, playing Artest at the pf, and not playing Jamison have all helped that. Meanwhile, the offense has been improving as well.

Jamison should get some pt but for a team that is trying to find a defensive identity it was a strong mood. Really, he should be getting praise right now playing defensive players over offensive but people love to hate.

vCash
    I was going to say....arent they winning? But yeah D'antoni's doghouse is very puzzling.

#KNICKS TAPED PLAYOFFS 2013

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    I'm inclined to think that he is essentially like a 14 year old playing NBA2K12 or something... yeah... that sounds right ;-)
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast