Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Will Brandon Roy ever play again?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 34.62%
  • No

17 65.38%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Brandon Roy has setbacks in knee rehab, return date uncertain.

Woj
    Minnesota's Brandon Roy has had setbacks in knee rehab and a return date is uncertain, league source tells Y! Sports.
    Can this guy ever catch a break?

vCash
    I loved Roy before injuries destroyed his promising career, but he just needs to retire.

I applaud his effort to try a comeback, but realistically his best possible scenario is to play 20 minutes a game and deal with knee injuries the rest of his career.

vCash
    I was happy when he came back, but he needs to give it up.

Quote Originally Posted by NYK_kidd77 View Post
    Lol how can you guys hate the knicks thats like going to the special olympics and booing.

vCash
    The guy has no cartlage in either of his knees. At this point all he's going to do is possibly do permanent damage to himself trying to grind it out in this league. I love Roy, it's unfortunate what happened to him but as stated above, he needs to retire and go onto the next part of his life.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JNoel View Post
    Woj

Can this guy ever catch a break?
    Brandon was one of my fav. players before he went down for the count. Sucks his career turned out this way.
    I hate the injury bug

vCash
    I was a huge fan and still am. It's a bummer his knees wouldn't cooperate with him. He had the chance to be a really great player for a long time...

vCash
    I'm a Blazers fan and he was my favorite player before the injuries. It came out when he originally retired that he was being "forced" into it and the report made the team look really bad. I think it is clear now that he was told to retire for a reason and the team was thinking of his future when they made their decision

vCash
    He shouldn't have come back in the first place. I still don't see why so many had so much love for him.

Born a Knick Live a Knick Die a Knick
    Knicks-Jets-Yanks-Chris Paul-St.Johns-Duke Fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarvingKnick22 View Post
    He shouldn't have come back in the first place. I still don't see why so many had so much love for him.
    Because if he was healthy he probably would've been the best SG in the league right now.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

vCash
    But seriously Roy needs to retire.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarvingKnick22 View Post
    I don't even like the Blazers but all the clutch plays and shots Brandon Roy made led to me developing a fondness for him. It seriously seemed like he didn't miss clutch shots at the end of games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xduhlSYw1Qc

If you don't watch the whole video (some of the quality sucks) just go to 3:40 and watch the last 2 plays.
    Last edited by Aapox; 12-29-2012 at 03:49 PM.

vCash
    The Wolves apparently have their media room at the Target Center set up for what appears a press conference, via Jerry Zgoda, beat reporter. You don't hold a presser to announce signing the 15th man.

I would expect that means Roy announces his retirement. Sucks, I am sure it sucks *** to have your ability to do what you love taken away at age 27, but at least he was able to make nearly $100 million before he was forced out...

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    I would rather be able to walk my daughter down the aisle then play another 2-3 years, and risk rolling her down the aisle.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    JUST RETIRE BEFORE YOU HAVE TO GET A FAKE KNEE YOU IDIOT. Jeezussss. He is one stage away.

vCash
    Man this is really depressing. I'm not a Blazer fan at heart, but he made me really enjoy watching them play. There was a time when Brandon Roy and LeMarcus Aldridge were the two young guys with very bright futures, and then came the 07' draft choice of Greg Oden who was supposed to improve their team dramatically.
    All came crashing down, however, Roy was an allstar caliber player his first couple of seasons.

I hope he catches a break and can somehow resume his career, even if it's never in a starting role again, 15-20 mpg would be a huge accomplishment IMO.
    Seems more and more unlikely that will happen, but that's probably the best outcome at this point. Let's hope.
    http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/oscar-taveras
    ~ Oscar Taveras ~ The next Phenom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast