Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    The thing here is that

English league wasts TWICE or THRICE the budget on marketing and publicity around the world, than the rest of the leagues in europe combined.

They ahve also made a ton of effort to do publicity for their league in Asia, particualry in China.

Also in their favour is taht USa is their excolony, speaks english and is a hughe market to exploit, then you have other excolonys as Australia, New Zealand, and India/pAkistan, and theyr "small" population.

Spanish Liga international market is ....i wont say smaller, cause southamerica has quite the population but definetly POORER money wise.
    And They havent really exploited the asian market.
    Same can be said for Italy.

The perception of EPl as a superior league comes from Media bombing that idea night and day to 3/4 of the world .
    Nothing more nothing less.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    Superliga is honestly better than the Brasileirao. Brazillian football is honestly like watching a high class MLS game lol. Always back and forth, back and forth, back and forth lol. Portugal has finally gotten real competition now, and will be even better when Sporting stops being terrible lol. Braga, Maritimo, Academica, Rio Ave, etc. are all rising teams too.
    nah, Primeira Liga only has Benfica and Porto as real teams, Braga is basically your average Brazilian team in the Paulista or Carioca. Brasileirao has about 8 teams that can compete for the title in a given year, it's parity heaven. Brasileirao's top to bottom league strength is second to none, the only league where a traditional side like Palmeiras can get relegated with a decent squad AND qualify for the major continental competition at the same time . it would be like having Man Utd, Real or Bayern relegated and appearing in the UCL, you just won't see that happening, but not in the Brasileirao

vCash
    My favorite league to watch is EPL, but it is the most available here in America. I really enjoy the Bundesliga and I think it's the best set up league. Many of your points about it really illustrate why I enjoy it so much. It's competitive, fun to watch and the crowds are amazing.

I do agree there are alot of problems with EPL, not so much in the foreign players(it's a global brand, so that is some what understandable), but the foreign owners. I also think the transfer spending is nothing short of ridiculous and irresponsible.

But it is a fairly competitive league, despite the lack of different champions. Atleast the lower teams can occasionally beat the top three teams. Even though I can't stand Man U(mainly due to their bandwagon fans),alot of their games are fun to watch because they can have alot of closer games. There is definitely a lack of defense in the league, but sometimes that makes things more interesting for me. Whereas in La Liga, no one is beating Barcelona. The Madrids are the only teams that can even compete and even they can't beat Barcelona and pretty much beat up the rest of the league. While I appreciate Barcelona's greatness, I rather watch them play in the Champions League where they have closer competition.

As far as Series A, I haven't really watched it much, but I will give it a chance.

vCash
    If Theres european soccer on tv and I have time to watch it, I just hopes its a good game

Too many what Ifs

vCash
    Well, China has mostly a Serie A fan base.

#1 team is Inter
    #2 team is Milan
    #3 team is Barcelona
    #4 team is Juventus
    #5 team is Real Madrid
    #6 team is Man Utd
    #7 team is Liverpool

This from the latest huge poll in 2011 of around 200m people. Found it from gazzetta.it but it requires a subscription to view it, sorry
    Too many Sampdoria fans for some reason. That early 90s team probably stuck like glue to their hearts.
    It makes sense since it was the first and only league to be broadcasted on a free channel and Serie A back in 1979 iirc, which coincided with the reopening of the borders for foreign players. So Italian football would start its new glorious circle at the same time as it became free to watch games in China.

In 1978, Inter was the first European team to visit China and play a series of friendlies there.

And Inter has appeared in a few games wearing the Pirelli logo in Chinese. First time was here I think:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgvJx0uvTV0

The Chinese fanbase of Inter is quite badass too
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trdrQKUXTmM

But Serie A is the worst marketed top league. They only recently started having English broadcast, 2008 I think.
    La Liga at least has the Spanish speaking Americas to broadcast their 'product' as it is. And it's always better to watch games with domestic, native language broadcasting. Way better.
    German Bundesliga has done great since 2005 with their marketing, perhaps it was a wake up call just before the World Cup of 2006.
    Last edited by NYKalltheway; 01-04-2013 at 04:53 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Dahh Sneak View Post
    I did not imply diving was only in Italy and Spain. I stated that rolling around and crying "in pain" exists mostly in Italy and Spain, and is rarely seen in England outside of a few South Americans.
    so perhaps you've noticed this because there are more South Americans in Spain and Italy?

But still, diving mostly occurs in EPL. But exaggerating it is a Spanish virtue Italians who dive are quite bad at it really, that's why there's the stereotype that it's mostly them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    The thing here is that

English league wasts TWICE or THRICE the budget on marketing and publicity around the world, than the rest of the leagues in europe combined.

They ahve also made a ton of effort to do publicity for their league in Asia, particualry in China.

Also in their favour is taht USa is their excolony, speaks english and is a hughe market to exploit, then you have other excolonys as Australia, New Zealand, and India/pAkistan, and theyr "small" population.

Spanish Liga international market is ....i wont say smaller, cause southamerica has quite the population but definetly POORER money wise.
    And They havent really exploited the asian market.
    Same can be said for Italy.

The perception of EPl as a superior league comes from Media bombing that idea night and day to 3/4 of the world .
    Nothing more nothing less.
    Liga is gaining huge popularity in the Arabic world btw,specially in the last few years,Gulf countries are rich and even North Africa has huge population too

NATALIA SIWIEC

vCash
    Official starten XI of the world this year.

Rm 5
    Fcb 5
    Atm 1

Pretty explicit La Liga > the rest.

vCash
    I think Pirlo and Chiellini were robbed of their XI spot... Cavani was also a legit contender for striker spot but Falcao won the Uefa Cup so I get why he got over him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    I think Pirlo and Chiellini were robbed of their XI spot... Cavani was also a legit contender for striker spot but Falcao won the Uefa Cup so I get why he got over him.
    Falcao is the best 9 in the world right now hands down.

vCash
    Cavani is on par with him imo. He can play more positions too. But perhaps you are right, I'd say Falcao is a bit more dangerous in the box than Cavani.

vCash
    http://www.iffhs.de/?b6e28fa3002f715...f3702bb1c2bb11

World league ranking for 2012:

1. Spanish
    2. Brazilian
    3. German
    4. Italian
    5. English

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDrive View Post
    nah, Primeira Liga only has Benfica and Porto as real teams, Braga is basically your average Brazilian team in the Paulista or Carioca. Brasileirao has about 8 teams that can compete for the title in a given year, it's parity heaven. Brasileirao's top to bottom league strength is second to none, the only league where a traditional side like Palmeiras can get relegated with a decent squad AND qualify for the major continental competition at the same time . it would be like having Man Utd, Real or Bayern relegated and appearing in the UCL, you just won't see that happening, but not in the Brasileirao
    You make a good point with that relegation. In portugal Sporting completely fell off this year, but you can't expect them to be this bad for much longer. Braga is above an average team I think. They can easily compete with the big guys. Then like I said teams like Maritimo, Rio Ave, Academica, etc are pretty good teams that have up and down years like many Brazillian teams as well. I was mostly talking about the game quality though, portugal actually have very good quality. I personally hate Serie A, Italian soccer has to be the most boring soccer in the world . French is pretty bad too.

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
    For me, the Italian Serie A is by far the most enjoyable to watch. Great atmosphere, fans, tradition, culture and it is the most tactical of the major leagues. Also it's producing some good young players.

La Liga is probably the most elite in terms of 'star players', but there's not much parity between sides. Still, it's the most prestigious to watch.

EPL has some quality teams but the atmosphere is lacking, and I personally don't enjoy 'kick and run' football.

The Brazilian leagues are also very good to watch. Great football and a very even level. A team could win the league one year and get relegated the next. Also, Brazilian clubs are improving their finances a lot so it won't be long before they keep all their talented youngsters and even import stars from Europe.

So for me, right now it's 1) Italian Serie A, 2) La Liga Spain, 3) EPL, 4) The Brasileiro and 5) Bundesliga.
    Great atmosphere in the Serie A?

Like in that game were only 1 away fan showed up? I lol'ed.

vCash
    I'll do this only on European leagues because I only watch European leagues.

If we consider top teams there is little doubt that La Liga is very good at the top.
    No other league can deal with La Liga's top 5 in Barca, RM, A. Madrid, Malaga and Valencia.

The league gets significantely worse at the bottom but overall I would still call it the best league. Cutting two teams and making it an 18 team league might increase the quality level at the bottom a bit more.
    La Liga has severe problems but there's no denying that it's the best league.
    Spanish teams also dominate UEFA and FIFA competitions for quite a while now.

Second best league is the EPL.
    The way they got their quality with all these investors is highly questionable but you can't deny the league has a lot of quality players because of that.

Third best league is the Bundesliga.
    The atmosphere is great, most games even with lesser clubs included are sellouts.
    While Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund are clearly ahead of the rest of the league the quality of the other involved teams is rather high, too.
    Only the bottom three in Hoffenheim, Augsburg and Fürth are a bit behind the rest of the teams.

Serie A is 4th.
    I don't think they have restored from the manipulation scandal at all. Both Milan clubs a shadow of it's former self.

Teams at 2 to 7 behind Juve are about on the same level (Rome clubs, Milan clubs, Napoli and Fiorentina) but the they're a step below the top teams in the three leagues above leaving Juve as the only top team (that would have a chance to win any of the 3 leagues above) in the League.

5 and 6 are Ligue 1 and Russian Premier League.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast