Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Sepp Blatter: Boateng Wrong to Walk Off Field...

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1956/...-racist-chants

Is He being serious? How does Blatter still have a job? The things he says and does are just downright dumb. I don't blame Boateng for walking off the field, its down right despicable that fans do this.
    Eastern Illinois Class of 2012'

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubfan23 View Post
    http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1956/...-racist-chants

Is He being serious? How does Blatter still have a job? The things he says and does are just downright dumb. I don't blame Boateng for walking off the field, its down right despicable that fans do this.
    Because he is great politician that crushes any one who dares to challenge him
    look what happened to bin Hammam when he thought about becoming FIFA next president or Hayatou who lost lot of his power in both FIFA and to lesser extent in CAF(though that guy is good too) ,it has nothing to do with his football knowledge tbh

NATALIA SIWIEC

vCash
    I realize that but there comes a time to impeach or do something, he gives FIFA a bad name every time he opens up his mouth.

vCash
    Blatter is right in that the player shold not walk out of the court.

Racism needs to be adressed tough.

Heavy fines to the stadium owners and posibly closing the place for a few games should probably persuade the fans to stop being stupid or the owners paying security guards to take those with the chants out of the stadium.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post

Heavy fines to the stadium owners and posibly closing the place for a few games should probably persuade the fans to stop being stupid or the owners paying security guards to take those with the chants out of the stadium.

lol like that's going to happen. Dude, you're from the Mediterranean, you know the "rules" at the hardcore Curva.

vCash
    I disagree, I mean if he feels threatened or something, I could see that as well to walk off. Although it sucks for the other fans to lose out, it'd show a message to fans to not do this because if not you you will pay for it in the end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post

No,specially in friendly game ,I mean I can understand the fans trying to lose players their focus with some mean chants in a competitive game (It is still awfully wrong) ,but a "friendly" one? wtf

Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    lol like that's going to happen. Dude, you're from the Mediterranean, you know the "rules" at the hardcore Curva.
    lol,very true

NATALIA SIWIEC

vCash
    Post full comment and you'll see he says he respects the choice and statement but that walking off the field isn't a long term answer to solving the issue of racism

vCash
    I read a comment from someone involved in FIFA or UEFA (I think it was a former player but I honestly can't remember who, or whether they were black or not) who said that by walking off the pitch, black players are playing into the hands of racists by walking off. This person said that a better way to deal with racist abuse is to exhibit your skill and professionalism. I thought it was an interesting point to be honest, but I would never begrudge someone who responded to racist abuse by walking off.

I'll point out that I am white so I don't really feel it's my place to tell people how they should or shouldn't handle racist abuse directed at them...

vCash
    I realize that but there comes a time to impeach or do something, he gives FIFA a bad name every time he opens up his mouth.