Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    I understand your caution because of generation K, but Harvey was undersold and is a pretty safe bet moving forward.
    If anything, Harvey has been underrated considering how well he did in his call up in comparison to better ranked prospects like Trevor Bauer and Matt Moore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mhschiefs97 View Post
    If anything, Harvey has been underrated considering how well he did in his call up in comparison to better ranked prospects like Trevor Bauer and Matt Moore.
    Yes, exactly.

vCash
    Harvey was unbelievably dominant for sure. It makes me hopeful.

But as I said, I need to see a young player do it for at least 1 year before I get too confident in what I see. There are so many potential pitfalls, from familiarity to durability and health that can derail amazing young talent. I'm hopeful, but I need to see the guy get through 162 on the major league level.

We'll Leave a Light On For You

Believers: METMANYAK, FoC, Gotta, WrigheyesMVP, Mr. Koobs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post

But as I said, I need to see a young player do it for at least 1 year before I get too confident in what I see. There are so many potential pitfalls, from familiarity to durability and health that can derail amazing young talent. I'm hopeful, but I need to see the guy get through 162 on the major league level.
    Even if he has a sophomore slump, I wouldn't lose faith in him. The stuff is real.

A lot of time these guys get way over hyped and then they only end up throwing 90-93 MPH(Jacob Turner for example)

vCash
    I wouldn't lose faith in him over a sophomore slump. I also wouldn't get too excited about him based on 10 starts.

But at least over 162 you get a better feel for what he can do in a season.

vCash

I think he's shown enough. I'm confident in him.

vCash
    He is a great talent, but 10 starts is nothing. Izzy had a comparable 14 starts to begin his career as a Met - he too was a similarly touted prospect.

No one is arguing about his talent level, his smarts or his understanding of how to pitch. But it's completely wrong to think his success is guaranteed going forward.
    Izzy had a fairly good career. Injuries made him a closer. He was also kind of a headcase, punching water coolers and ****.

vCash
    Yeah but Izzy had to fight through injuries, TB, the downfall of Gen K and all of its impact, and then he remade himself into a great reliever - while still with the Mets before he got dumped for Billy Taylor (ugh). I remember when he first saw his big hook we all thought he was going to be a top starter for years.

My point was that so many things need to happen to go from top prospect with a good first stint in the majors, to reliable and dependable front line starter, it's just a little early to start declaring Harvey is definitely there.

vCash
    But like I said, Izzy didn't have the changeup or the K rates to be a starter in the major leagues. Sandman also said he had make-up issues. Harvey has the changeup, K rates, and make-up. He's legit.

vCash
    Imo these 2 young guns in harvey and wheeler will benefit from having santana around for as long as he is around. He will prolly teach them his nasty change along with just how to pitch in general.
    if u like mixed martial arts check out the psd mma forum

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234