Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by -Lavigne43- View Post
    Disagree. Abreu isn't a major leaguer anymore. If they did sign him it would be as minor league depth. This is a very minor rumor, it doesn't deserve its own thread.
    While we are on the topic, last year for LAD Abreu had a .361 OBP, carries a career .409 vs RHP.

He's crap in the field, can only be a LF/DH/PH.

He hasn't been a great hitter since 2006, but was still above average with the bat through 2011.

Could be that a guy like Abreu or Berkman has to be employed to make LF productive. Either that or hand the LHH platoon job to Kalish.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 12-30-2012 at 04:01 PM.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    He can still walk, but he has no power, he is a horrible fielder, and he will be 39. There's no chance they would consider him to be the everyday 1b, he'd probably be the worst one in baseball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by -Lavigne43- View Post
    He can still walk, but he has no power, he is a horrible fielder, and he will be 39. There's no chance they would consider him to be the everyday 1b, he'd probably be the worst one in baseball.
    Well, he's never played 1B so yeah he'd probably suck.

I was talking in my last post as a possible platoon LF, but I guess you missed it.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Isnt Gomes lefty an gonna be the part of the lf platoon

vCash
    I would be fine with Kalish platooning with Gomes. Gomes will probably gets some starts vs RHP at Fenway and is the starter vs LHPs, so Kalish is a good fit for that role IMO. I would rather have Kalish there than Abreu, we can't wait for too much longer on Kalish. I'd want to know if he has a future here or not.

I'm a Berkman fan, but doubt he would sign here to platoon in LF. It's also doubtful that his knees can handle 1B every day.

vCash
    Id like to see Berkman finish his career in Huston. We could use his bat for sure.

vCash
    This team writes my material for me...Bobby Abreu..a has been... wow enjoy those games when there's 15,000 in the stands.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12