DPOY
    Biggest surprise
    Biggest disappointment
    Roy

vCash
    MVP: Brandon Marshall
    OPOTY: Brandon Marshall
    DPOTY: Charles Tillman
    Biggest Surprise: This one was tough, but I think I'm going with Evan Rodriguez. I wasn't expecting much out of a 4th rounder, but I think he showed a lot of promise. Also Marshall can work here as well, since I never thought he'd be that great.

Biggest disappointment: Offense as a whole and Jay Cutler. Going into the year I definitely had bigger hopes for Jay, but that doesn't fall on him alone.

ROTY: Alshon Jeffery.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    MVP: Marshall
    OPOY: Marshall
    DPOY: Trillman/Jennings
    ROY: Alshon
    Biggest Surprise: 10 Defensive TDs. Tim Jennings resurgence. Brandon Marshall being better than advertised.
    Biggest disappointment: Mike Tice

Best PSD Poster: haggis
    Worst PSD Poster: CSSTL

db75 Guest
    MVP - Brandon Marshall. Broke nearly every important single-season record for the Bears. He damn near carried this team in a few games.

OPOY - Brandon Marshall for the aforementioned reasons.

DPOY - Charles Tillman. What an absolute monster he was this season. Tim Jennings, had he stayed healthy, may have been my choice otherwise.

Biggest surprise - Corey Wootton. I know, I know...I have a serious problem with him. However, his 7 sacks were a pleasant addition to our DL. Give him another year with Rod, and I think we have a Pro Bowler on our hands.

Biggest disappointment - Jay Cutler. He HAS to play better than he did this year, and he can.

ROY - Evan Rodriguez. He was a pleasant surprise at FB for us, and I think he has a bright future if given the opportunity to develop a bit at TE.

vCash
    Wootton is an excellent choice.

vCash
    I would say biggest surprise was Lance Louis.

vCash
    MVP: Brandon Marshall - Obivous choice because he was the offense. Broke a ton of team records and put the offense on his back
    OPOY: Brandon Marshall - Same reason as MVP, he was the offense
    DPOY: Charles Tillman - Shut down Megatron in 2 games, 10 forced fumbles and 3 pick 6s
    Biggest Surprise: Tim Jennings - Led the league in interceptions and had 21 pass break ups
    Biggest Disappointment: Jay Cutler/Offensive Line. I thought with Marshall and Jeffery this year would be the year he finally breaks out and shuts up all the critics. But his poor judgement and bad mechanics hurt him a lot this year. Also put offensive line because they did nothing to help Jay or the running game this year
    ROY: Evan Rodriguez - I think he showed he is versatile and he can block. If given time, I think he could develop his game more and play some TE. Needs to work on his route running but I think he has the skill set to be a good one

vCash

2012 awards thread

MVP: Tillman
    OPOY:Marshall
    DPOY: Tillman
    Positive Surprise: Overall play of our safeties when healthy
    Biggest Disappointment: Matt Forte, although I was confident he was overrated due to his utilization in the Martz system
    ROY: Rodriguez although Jeffery would have gotten this if not for the injuries

Like the Blackhawks? Hockey? Sports in general? Create a free account at ProSportsDaily and join in on the conversations today. Signing up takes no time at all, and you can be on the forums posting your opinions before you know it!

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

vCash
    MVP: Brandon Marshall
    OPOTY: Brandon Marshall
    DPOY: Charles Tillman, followed closely by Henry Melton. Also was impressed with Conte, he won't have the glamorous stats as a free safety in a T-2.. but I think he's an up and coming star in this defense. His range is a big reason this defense gives up so few big plays.
    Positive surprise: Tim Jennings, who would have thought he'd lead the league in interceptions and have the impact that he did? Also impressed with Wootton, he's looking like a real player.
    ROY: Jeffery. He's made some mistakes here and there and has had injuries, but it's clear that he has immense potential as the #2 receiver going forward.
    Biggest disappointment: Gabe Carimi. ****ing bust

db75 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by blams1989 View Post
    Biggest Disappointment: Matt Forte, although I was confident he was overrated due to his utilization in the Martz system
    Are you on drugs?

1. His best season came outside of a Martz system.
    2. His YPC were on par with (and above) career averages.
    3. His utilization in Martz's system shows what kind of a player you have in Forte - that you didn't get that speaks more to how inept Tice was in utilizing his players.

vCash
    MVP: Brandon Marshall- He was the offense and was unstoppable all season.
    Opoy: Brandon Marshall- see above
    DPOY: Charles Tillman- Charles in an All Pro; its about that simple.
    Biggest surprise: Tim Jennings- He was always decent, but his improvement borders on unbelievable.
    Biggest disappointment: Shea McClellin- I had higher hopes for an edge rusher with his athletic ability. He is a MASSIVE project.
    Roy: Evan Rodriguez- Even if he wasn't as good as he was, this is by default.

vCash
    MVP: J. Cutler. With Campbell for a whole season we don't win 5 games. I don't think you can say that for any other position.

OPOY: B. Marshall. He's a beast but he can't do it by himself.

DPOY: T. Jennings. It could go to Peanut or Lance or Peppers but I expected them to be good/elite. Jennings might be our best defensive player entering next season.

Biggest surprise: Bears Offense. Yes a bad surprise, but it was a surprise to me. I don't get how Mike Tice/Bears coaching staff expected us to be a good/great offense without being creative or aggressive. Seems like we only threw when we had to or to take a shot and if we ran for a first down, next play was another run 95% of the time.

Biggest disappointment: D-Line. They were really up and down. It seemed like they were good enough to take over at times during games, but it was a really inconsistent bunch. I thought they were going to be the best out of the DL/LB/DB groups and if it wasn't for Urlacher being a shell of himself, they would've been the worst.

ROY: Alshon Jeffery. This guy is a playmaker. If he stays healthy and gets more confidence, those hands will show.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    Are you on drugs?

1. His best season came outside of a Martz system.
    2. His YPC were on par with (and above) career averages.
    3. His utilization in Martz's system shows what kind of a player you have in Forte - that you didn't get that speaks more to how inept Tice was in utilizing his players.
    I would love to see Forte's numbers on a team say the Patriots.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blams1989 View Post
    bc erod was healthy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    I would love to see Forte's numbers on a team say the Patriots.
    Imagine him on the Texans

vCash
    MVP - Tyler Clutts
    Opoy - Tyler Clutts
    DPOY - Tyler Clutts
    Biggest surprise - Tyler Clutts
    Biggest disappointment - Lams
    Roy - Feel Memory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast