DPOY
    Biggest surprise
    Biggest disappointment
    Roy

vCash
    MVP: Brandon Marshall
    OPOTY: Brandon Marshall
    DPOTY: Charles Tillman
    Biggest Surprise: This one was tough, but I think I'm going with Evan Rodriguez. I wasn't expecting much out of a 4th rounder, but I think he showed a lot of promise. Also Marshall can work here as well, since I never thought he'd be that great.

Biggest disappointment: Offense as a whole and Jay Cutler. Going into the year I definitely had bigger hopes for Jay, but that doesn't fall on him alone.

ROTY: Alshon Jeffery.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    MVP: Marshall
    OPOY: Marshall
    DPOY: Trillman/Jennings
    ROY: Alshon
    Biggest Surprise: 10 Defensive TDs. Tim Jennings resurgence. Brandon Marshall being better than advertised.
    Biggest disappointment: Mike Tice

Best PSD Poster: haggis
    Worst PSD Poster: CSSTL

vCash
    MVP - Brandon Marshall. Broke nearly every important single-season record for the Bears. He damn near carried this team in a few games.

OPOY - Brandon Marshall for the aforementioned reasons.

DPOY - Charles Tillman. What an absolute monster he was this season. Tim Jennings, had he stayed healthy, may have been my choice otherwise.

Biggest surprise - Corey Wootton. I know, I know...I have a serious problem with him. However, his 7 sacks were a pleasant addition to our DL. Give him another year with Rod, and I think we have a Pro Bowler on our hands.

Biggest disappointment - Jay Cutler. He HAS to play better than he did this year, and he can.

ROY - Evan Rodriguez. He was a pleasant surprise at FB for us, and I think he has a bright future if given the opportunity to develop a bit at TE.

vCash
    Wootton is an excellent choice.

vCash
    I would say biggest surprise was Lance Louis.

vCash
    MVP: Brandon Marshall - Obivous choice because he was the offense. Broke a ton of team records and put the offense on his back
    OPOY: Brandon Marshall - Same reason as MVP, he was the offense
    DPOY: Charles Tillman - Shut down Megatron in 2 games, 10 forced fumbles and 3 pick 6s
    Biggest Surprise: Tim Jennings - Led the league in interceptions and had 21 pass break ups
    Biggest Disappointment: Jay Cutler/Offensive Line. I thought with Marshall and Jeffery this year would be the year he finally breaks out and shuts up all the critics. But his poor judgement and bad mechanics hurt him a lot this year. Also put offensive line because they did nothing to help Jay or the running game this year
    ROY: Evan Rodriguez - I think he showed he is versatile and he can block. If given time, I think he could develop his game more and play some TE. Needs to work on his route running but I think he has the skill set to be a good one

vCash

2012 awards thread

MVP: Tillman
    OPOY:Marshall
    DPOY: Tillman
    Positive Surprise: Overall play of our safeties when healthy
    Biggest Disappointment: Matt Forte, although I was confident he was overrated due to his utilization in the Martz system
    ROY: Rodriguez although Jeffery would have gotten this if not for the injuries

vCash
    MVP: Brandon Marshall
    OPOTY: Brandon Marshall
    DPOY: Charles Tillman, followed closely by Henry Melton. Also was impressed with Conte, he won't have the glamorous stats as a free safety in a T-2.. but I think he's an up and coming star in this defense. His range is a big reason this defense gives up so few big plays.
    Positive surprise: Tim Jennings, who would have thought he'd lead the league in interceptions and have the impact that he did? Also impressed with Wootton, he's looking like a real player.
    ROY: Jeffery. He's made some mistakes here and there and has had injuries, but it's clear that he has immense potential as the #2 receiver going forward.
    Biggest disappointment: Gabe Carimi. ****ing bust

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blams1989 View Post
    Biggest Disappointment: Matt Forte, although I was confident he was overrated due to his utilization in the Martz system
    Are you on drugs?

1. His best season came outside of a Martz system.
    2. His YPC were on par with (and above) career averages.
    3. His utilization in Martz's system shows what kind of a player you have in Forte - that you didn't get that speaks more to how inept Tice was in utilizing his players.

vCash
    MVP: Brandon Marshall- He was the offense and was unstoppable all season.
    Opoy: Brandon Marshall- see above
    DPOY: Charles Tillman- Charles in an All Pro; its about that simple.
    Biggest surprise: Tim Jennings- He was always decent, but his improvement borders on unbelievable.
    Biggest disappointment: Shea McClellin- I had higher hopes for an edge rusher with his athletic ability. He is a MASSIVE project.
    Roy: Evan Rodriguez- Even if he wasn't as good as he was, this is by default.

vCash
    MVP: J. Cutler. With Campbell for a whole season we don't win 5 games. I don't think you can say that for any other position.

OPOY: B. Marshall. He's a beast but he can't do it by himself.

DPOY: T. Jennings. It could go to Peanut or Lance or Peppers but I expected them to be good/elite. Jennings might be our best defensive player entering next season.

Biggest surprise: Bears Offense. Yes a bad surprise, but it was a surprise to me. I don't get how Mike Tice/Bears coaching staff expected us to be a good/great offense without being creative or aggressive. Seems like we only threw when we had to or to take a shot and if we ran for a first down, next play was another run 95% of the time.

Biggest disappointment: D-Line. They were really up and down. It seemed like they were good enough to take over at times during games, but it was a really inconsistent bunch. I thought they were going to be the best out of the DL/LB/DB groups and if it wasn't for Urlacher being a shell of himself, they would've been the worst.

ROY: Alshon Jeffery. This guy is a playmaker. If he stays healthy and gets more confidence, those hands will show.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    Are you on drugs?

1. His best season came outside of a Martz system.
    2. His YPC were on par with (and above) career averages.
    3. His utilization in Martz's system shows what kind of a player you have in Forte - that you didn't get that speaks more to how inept Tice was in utilizing his players.
    I would love to see Forte's numbers on a team say the Patriots.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blams1989 View Post
    bc erod was healthy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    I would love to see Forte's numbers on a team say the Patriots.
    Imagine him on the Texans

vCash
    MVP - Tyler Clutts
    Opoy - Tyler Clutts
    DPOY - Tyler Clutts
    Biggest surprise - Tyler Clutts
    Biggest disappointment - Lams
    Roy - Feel Memory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast