Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

ring or no ring where would you rank steve nash

ring or no ring where would you rank steve nash in the greatest point guards of all time list and which current young point guard has the ability to pass him in terms of production
    Career
    14.4ppg 8.6apg 3.0 rpg

vCash
    One of the most efficient PG's of all time, maybe THE most efficient. Look at his %s, ridiculous. Nearly 50% from the field, 42% from 3, 90% from the line. And his impact on an offense is even more than his excellent numbers would suggest.

Regardless of not winning a ring, and being a terrible defender, his name would have to be on any elite list.

vCash
    Johnson
    Stockton
    Kidd
    Thomas
    Nash
    Payton

@TheLandonThomas 4,000 followers
    @MavsFansForLife 5,000 followers
    "Do the LT" coming to a thread near you.

vCash
    Greatest Canadian named Steve Nash ever.

vCash
    Him winning a ring with LA isn't going to change how I view him all that much. Without looking into it too much, he's behind Magic, Oscar, Stockton by a good margin. I don't think there's a whole lot seperating him from Isiah, Cousy, Payton or Frazier either really. He's probably ahead of Kidd too.

In my top 7. Don't feel like sorting it out right now though.

vCash
    Top 10 pg easy. Probably top 5. With players like him and Kobe unless they commit murder or something their legacy can only improve

vCash
    I have a soft spot for Steve Nash. Glad he's on the Lakers now, but I was able to enjoy watching him on both, Dallas and Phoenix. And when I say "soft spot", I mean "hard spot".. If you know what I mean.

vCash
    Top 5-7 but he had some rough years, that's why he's below others who had a phenomenol career in the history of this league.

It's not like he played prime all the time throughout his career but dude can connect on for some more years. Also his MVP throphies...you can argue about one of them. Is he on pace of winning a championship? We'll see, he has chance but so have others too.

vCash
    Top 6 in modern era.

Magic, Stockton, Kidd, Zeke, Glove, Nash

vCash
    Great player - but he's famous for running an offense that is famous for not winning championships.
    I'm a Lakers fan...BUT:

1) No I don't think Kobe > MJ

2) No I don't think LeBron sucks.

3) No I don't think it's funny to continuously make jokes about Charles Osborne.

vCash
    Rings mean absolutely nothing when it comes to where a player ranks all time. Nash is still a top 7 pg in the history of the game, whether he wins a ring or not.

Stockton is still a top 3 pg. Barkley is one of the best PF's ever. So is Malone. You could even throw Chris Webber in there. They all have no rings, but they're still some of the best players to ever play. Same goes for Nash.

vCash
    Magic
    Oscar
    Stockton
    Frazier
    Isiah/Nash/Payton/Kidd

there's not a large serparation there. Personally I'd take him at 5th though.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

vCash
    top 5

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by b@llhog24 View Post
    Magic
    Oscar
    Stockton
    Frazier
    Isiah/Nash/Payton/Kidd

there's not a large serparation there. Personally I'd take him at 5th though.
    agreed.

vCash
    if LA were to hypothetically win the title (tall order) and nash produced at a high level, and was vital to the teams success, I don't see how that wouldn't boost his career perception. i dont care about his age- what does the production look like, and how vital was he to team success?

nash is one of the greatest shooters in league history, and one of the greatest assist men at his position. he has a fine argument for top five PG in league history. with a ring on high production i'd say he'd practically be a lock.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast