Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    vCash
    Van Gundy? The guy that just failed miserably with a much more mild-tempered Dwight Howard?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Van Gundy? The guy that just failed miserably with a much more mild-tempered Dwight Howard?
    I think Van Gundy did as much as he could do with Howards Magic...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

vCash
    Most teams are not even going to think deal until more players are available come January 15th. It would be stupid for any GM to say right now that they are or aren't shopping anyone.

Just like Ainge wouldn't publicly say today that Bass is being shopped, because how do you think he's going to react and play for us for the next 2 weeks? The same way the Kings GM is never going to say on January 1st that he's shopping Cousins. There's still 2 weeks to be played out before trade talks heat up.

"Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

vCash
    I would trade Bradley to get D. Cousins. I would also do a deal that would send out PP.

A deal like- Bradley, Melo, Bass- D. Cousins

I would also look into Big Al from Utah.

Bottom line-----A deal must be made for this team to have any chance of making it out of first round (playoffs).

LARRY BIRD
    NBA WORLD CHAMPION 1981,1984,1986

" The greatest basketball player and mind of all time. "

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportfan View Post
    David Aldridge

from what i read, celtics are hesitant to include bradley
    I'd bet the farm that Bradley is/will not be an impediment to a Cousins trade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgear View Post
    I'd bet the farm that Bradley is/will not be an impediment to a Cousins trade.
    Yet as of right now everything out there is saying that Bradley is in fact the hold up on this deal.
    -

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by penuch View Post
    Yet as of right now everything out there is saying that Bradley is in fact the hold up on this deal.
    Of course, that's exactly how to play your cards...but at the end of the day...

Cousins >>> Bradley, and the C's (if Sac is willing to make the trade) will include Bradley.
    Last edited by Jazzgear; 01-08-2013 at 12:21 PM.

vCash
    Ainge should just do it and hope his 3pt shooting was a fluke last year. Cousins interior D would be a million bagillion times more important down the road

vCash
    Kings are not going to trade Cousins for Bradley/Lee, Sullinger, Melo/Bass or any combination of that group, and future first round picks. That rumor was started in Boston, more of a wishful thinking and has been denied in every corner in Sacramento.

vCash
    i dont think it makes sense to include AB, there is no doubt AB helps this team significantly, i know DC has a high ceiling but doesnt AB too? he could be a sr in college right now.
    Last edited by Rain City; 01-08-2013 at 01:29 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Kings are not going to trade Cousins for Bradley/Lee, Sullinger, Melo/Bass or any combination of that group, and future first round picks. That rumor was started in Boston, more of a wishful thinking and has been denied in every corner in Sacramento.
    im not sure about that... wait for another round of his antics and they might not be too picky.

something to think about, kings are maybe most likely franchise to relocate to SEA... isaiah thomas is a PG for SAC and he and AB grew up together, the only 2 players ever drafted from Tacoma (30 miles south of SEA)... it might not even add to the equation but worth pointing out.

vCash
    I am a Kings fan and I personally am not interested in trading Cousins. If he does get traded its not going to be for a bunch of backups, a couple rookies drafted in the 20's, a 35 year old player, and a couple of non lottery draft picks. We are not a playoff quality team, attaining Jason Terry makes zero sense. He probably would not even report to the Kings.

The Kings will not dump Cousins just to dump Cousins. He has one of the best skill sets in the NBA to be a dominant player. You just don't dump that for nothing, especially when your a small market team like the Kings who depends on the draft to be successful.

As far as Sam Amick goes he is very well connected in Sacramento. Its possible he could be mislead, but when reporting Sac Kings rumors I would take his comments over every other beat reporter in the country. I just listened to him talk a week and a half ago and he talked about how he bumped into Demarcus at Walmart and chatted with him for awhile.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain City View Post
    im not sure about that... wait for another round of his antics and they might not be too picky.

something to think about, kings are maybe most likely franchise to relocate to SEA... isaiah thomas is a PG for SAC and he and AB grew up together, the only 2 players ever drafted from Tacoma (30 miles south of SEA)... it might not even add to the equation but worth pointing out.
    The Maloofs really like Cousins. I just don't see them approving a trade for a handful of backups. I think that is Celtic wishful thinking. I don't think AB being from Seattle is going to matter to the Maloofs.

I personally hope Cousins does not get traded, he has the tools to be one of the top 5 to 10 players in the NBA, you don't trade those guys. Like you said if something happens then maybe that will help push him out the door, but at the moment the Kings seem to be sticking to the we are not giving Cousins away, and that seems to be what the Celtics fans are proposing that the Celtics dump their backups for Cousins.

vCash
    The most recent, just off the press.

http://m.usatoday.com/article/sports...?articlePage=0

by Sam Amick, USA TODAY Sports

Updated: 01/08/2013 12:14am

SACRAMENTO, Calif. –The agent for Sacramento Kings center DeMarcus Cousins met with team president Geoff Petrie on Monday to discuss his new client's volatile situation, USA TODAY Sports has learned.

Yet despite the fact that Cousins has claimed during his most frustrated times that he wants out and that rival teams continue to attempt to pry the talented third-year big man away from the Kings, his agent, Dan Fegan, did not make a trade request during his meeting with Petrie. The Kings, in turn, reiterated their stance that they have no intention of trading Cousins even if he wanted a new start elsewhere.

Even with the frequent complications that have come with Cousins and his suspension for yelling at Kings coach Keith Smart that lasted two games and was ended by ownership on Dec. 28, the Kings have been consistent in their stance that they still want Cousins to be their franchise centerpiece. According to a person with knowledge of the situation who spoke to USA TODAY Sports on the condition of anonymity because of the private nature of trade talks, the Kings continue to make it clear that both Cousins and second-year guard Jimmer Fredette are not available.

While Fegan and Petrie have had a contentious relationship, in large part, because of past dealings relating point guard Ricky Rubio before he went to the Minnesota Timberwolves, a person with knowledge of the meeting said it was productive and professional. Cousins' decision to part ways with the only agent he had ever worked with, John Greig, and hire Fegan was revealed shortly after he was suspended on Dec. 23. Because of Fegan's recent history as the agent who applied so much pressure on Orlando to trade his biggest client, Lakers center Dwight Howard, last year, Cousins' decision was seen by some as a clear sign that he wanted out.

For now, it appears the Cousins situation will not turn out the same way because - unlike Howard - he's not demanding a trade. Should Cousins change his stance before the deadline, however, the Kings would be under significant pressure to considering moving the big man if only because of his penchant for problems when he's unhappy. Cousins has one season remaining on his rookie contract, but he's eligible for an extension this summer.

He's certainly not a problem at the moment.

Cousins has made the Kings' stance an easy one to take since returning from the suspension, as he has averaged 20.8 points (48 percent shooting), 13.5 rebounds, 5.2 assists, 1.8 turnovers in six games. Fredette, meanwhile, has garnered plenty of interest as well. The former BYU guard who was taken 10th overall in 2012 has improved significantly after a subpar rookie season, averaging 8.2 points on 43.6 percent shooting overall and 41.1 percent from three-point range while seeing a puzzling decrease in playing time (14.2 minutes per game this season compared to 18.6 as a rookie).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    The most recent, just off the press.

http://m.usatoday.com/article/sports...?articlePage=0

by Sam Amick, USA TODAY Sports

Updated: 01/08/2013 12:14am

SACRAMENTO, Calif. –The agent for Sacramento Kings center DeMarcus Cousins met with team president Geoff Petrie on Monday to discuss his new client's volatile situation, USA TODAY Sports has learned.

Yet despite the fact that Cousins has claimed during his most frustrated times that he wants out and that rival teams continue to attempt to pry the talented third-year big man away from the Kings, his agent, Dan Fegan, did not make a trade request during his meeting with Petrie. The Kings, in turn, reiterated their stance that they have no intention of trading Cousins even if he wanted a new start elsewhere.

Even with the frequent complications that have come with Cousins and his suspension for yelling at Kings coach Keith Smart that lasted two games and was ended by ownership on Dec. 28, the Kings have been consistent in their stance that they still want Cousins to be their franchise centerpiece. According to a person with knowledge of the situation who spoke to USA TODAY Sports on the condition of anonymity because of the private nature of trade talks, the Kings continue to make it clear that both Cousins and second-year guard Jimmer Fredette are not available.

While Fegan and Petrie have had a contentious relationship, in large part, because of past dealings relating point guard Ricky Rubio before he went to the Minnesota Timberwolves, a person with knowledge of the meeting said it was productive and professional. Cousins' decision to part ways with the only agent he had ever worked with, John Greig, and hire Fegan was revealed shortly after he was suspended on Dec. 23. Because of Fegan's recent history as the agent who applied so much pressure on Orlando to trade his biggest client, Lakers center Dwight Howard, last year, Cousins' decision was seen by some as a clear sign that he wanted out.

For now, it appears the Cousins situation will not turn out the same way because - unlike Howard - he's not demanding a trade. Should Cousins change his stance before the deadline, however, the Kings would be under significant pressure to considering moving the big man if only because of his penchant for problems when he's unhappy. Cousins has one season remaining on his rookie contract, but he's eligible for an extension this summer.

He's certainly not a problem at the moment.

Cousins has made the Kings' stance an easy one to take since returning from the suspension, as he has averaged 20.8 points (48 percent shooting), 13.5 rebounds, 5.2 assists, 1.8 turnovers in six games. Fredette, meanwhile, has garnered plenty of interest as well. The former BYU guard who was taken 10th overall in 2012 has improved significantly after a subpar rookie season, averaging 8.2 points on 43.6 percent shooting overall and 41.1 percent from three-point range while seeing a puzzling decrease in playing time (14.2 minutes per game this season compared to 18.6 as a rookie).
    " Cousins has one year left on his rookie deal. " The Kings better start looking at their options. Very little chance he re-signs with Kings....very little.

If not...ask Orlando how that worked out, just saying, " that train is never late. "

LARRY BIRD
    NBA WORLD CHAMPION 1981,1984,1986

" The greatest basketball player and mind of all time. "

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast